main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok completists, try to fit THIS into the continuity!!! (HUMOR)(Yep, STILL HUMOR)(ITS FUNNY DARNIT!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SithSpit777, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Ok. No doubt, people have had their run-ins with the completists on these boards. It has left people angry, scared, and teary-eyed. No matter what, be it Hoojibs, Green Bunnies (and no, Jar-Jar, lame as he may be, does NOT look like a frog), Luke and Vader meeting before they met, Solo playing darts and drinking beer while bouncing upside down on a trampoline, Luke going temporarily insane or even just whoring around with a minor, they feel the need to include it. If its printed in a SW magazine, book, card series, game, movie, their underwear, or tatooed on Uncle John's behind, they feel the need to include it, even if it was an error or misprint at the time.

Well, I have the final straw!!!
    I'd like to see them include this!
    For if they do, they will be shown to be the silly people they are!
    And if they do not, they are truly not completists!

I direct your attention to the original set of SW Trading cards back in 1978. As a misprint (or even a joke, more than likely), something was ADDED to C-3P0.

Yes. I give you the infamous "pecker" card.

C-3P0 was endowed with male genitalia, and some of the cards, although rare, were sent out before it was caught and corrected. So, (and I have seen them at trade shows for QUITE a sum of moolah) I would like to see the completists add THAT in. :p

Oh, and since I can sense through the force that the joke is coming anyway, I may as well use it now so we can get on with a "serious" discussion -

Yeah, thats probably why Han called him
    "GoldenRod". Sheesh. :D

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    A piece of his equipment fell off at exactly the wrong moment. That is the explanation both within the GFFA and without.

3. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    lol. And which EU story are you quoting?

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Look here, for LFL's stance on the matter.

Sheesh, what are you up too? Looks to me like your trying your hardest to make EU fans look bad, why is that? I ask why are trolling? Your post was more ludicrous than most EU fans will ever be.

5. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    Ahem. I see someone did NOT read the title of this thread. You know, the part that goes - (HUMOR)(Yep, STILL HUMOR)(ITS FUNNY DARNIT!) - ? Val, lighten up.

And I love how you categorize me as an EU hater so conveniently. Sorry, but I own almost every EU novel (besides prequels), and love the stories that are told. The issues here are as such:

1) Just because I am not a completist, does NOT make me a hater of the EU.

2) Just who is trolling here? I slapped this up for an opportunity for everyone to poke fun at themselves on both sides of the coin, and to lighten up the mood. YOU come in here and change the subject, and start to pick a fight with troll accusations. If anyone is trolling here, its you.

Look. I am not interested in turning this thread into a flame war. SO please, for the love of God, re-read the title, understand that I meant this as a place for both sides of the canon coin to poke fun at themselves, and relax. Not everything has to be a fight, ya know.

SOooo, lets get back on topic!

Where in the EU does Disco the tap-dancing Stormtrooper fit, from SW behind the magic CD Rom? :D

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "And I love how you categorize me as an EU hater so conveniently."

Funny how I never said that in my post, you are accusing me of saying something I didn't say. Peculiar I think.

7. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    And Val, I was aware of Lucas's stance on the matter, and how it happened. That's why this is a funny thread, or was supposed to be anyway?

8. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    Val, a person can say a lot without exactly saying the words:

"Sheesh, what are you up too? Looks to me like your trying your hardest to make EU fans look bad," - IMPLIES I am NOT an EU fan, which is untrue.

"Your post was more ludicrous than most EU fans will ever be" - AGAIN IMPLIES I am NOT an EU fan.

If you are going to play those sort of games, do so with someone who doesn't know how to read between the lines. Now post something funny or I am ignoring you for the rest of this thread, in an attempt to salvage its humor (which is disturbingly lacking right now).

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Completists only follow LFL policy by the way, they only follow what has been dictated as the Current continuity, things like special editions, reissues are current continuity.

To add anything else that is dictated appocryphal, outdated, infinities, is a form of personal continuity. To personally remove stuff is personal continuity as well. Those are the Personal Continuitists.

"If you are going to play those sort of games, do so with someone who doesn't know how to read between the lines."

You are reading more between the lines than I put there. sheesh. When I said most EU fans. I meant that there are other EU fans out there like you who have ludicrous things to say.

"Now post something funny or I am ignoring you for the rest of this thread, in an attempt to salvage its humor (which is disturbingly lacking right now)."

It's really not that funny, maybe I'm too mature to see the joke. But I don't see any humor in that card. Infact I've always been like hohum, looks like he has a penis, who cares.

"SithSpit: Ok. No doubt, people have had their run-ins with the completists on these boards. It has left people angry, scared, and teary-eyed.

For if they do, they will be shown to be the silly people they are!
    "

I betcha there are many people that don't find you ad hominem attacking completists very funny and would find it even inflammatory.

There is alot people can read between those lines I'm sure.

Well, I think you should have looked up your use of the word silly, to see how flammatory it is, and I'll do it for you[pulled out of webster]:

Weak in intellect, simple, lowly in station, foolish, lack of common sense or sound judgement, pitiable, feeble, helpless. All of which would be very offending.

So why did you do it I ask? Don't accuse me of playing word games without looking at the log in your own eye, in your very first post of this thread.

"Where in the EU does Disco the tap-dancing Stormtrooper fit, from SW behind the magic CD Rom?"

Since you asked, probably with the line dancing stormtroopers from Rebel Assault 2.

10. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    This thread is so immature. *Rolls eyes*

[image=http://roleplayinggames.net/images/similies/rolleyes.gif]

11. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    This thread was supposed to be immature.

Its a humor thread.

so, Can anyone tell me where force-sensitive sheep (heh, props to the SWG crowd), and dark-side lobsters fit in?

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    What are those from fanfic?

13. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    *sigh*

"Ok. No doubt, people have had their run-ins with the completists on these boards. It has left people angry, scared, and teary-eyed.
    ...For if they do, they will be shown to be the silly people they are"

I know I said I was going to ignore Val, but I feel I should point this out. What I said above was with intent to MOCK the non-completist side of the coin, given that the statement itself is mocking the most common thoughts of people complaining of completists.

*mumbles, then bites tongue*
    I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal... I will not get personal...

Sooooooooooo.......... how about them barabels?

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I second Rebecca's motion, is there a point to this?

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Sooooooooooo.......... how about them barabels?"

What about them? The species have been in several stories as far as I know of.

16. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    Lol, no Val, they don't actually exist, which is where I had hoped to steer this thread. This thread was meant to poke fun at everyone on all sides of the completist debate equally, and eventually lead to just making silly stuff up, while others create silly stories to say where they fit in continuity. It was meant to be a place where we could not take ourselves so seriously, and laugh at ourselves, and just have fun, all of us.

*BTW, I meant the FSSheep and Lobsters don't exist, I know the Barabels do. Just saying that just in case....*

17. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    hmmm.... tough crowd.

"I find your lack of humor disturbing."

Don't make me unleash the pants thread from the SWG boards here... or worse.... :p

Seriously, the threads only not funny because everyone is picking fights right now. This was supposed to be fun, and a place to get away from fighting. Read my previous thread for more details.

18. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    i third R191's motion.

19. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

It isn't funny because I saw that card 10 or more years ago and laughed at it then. I have read LFL's response to it, don't know if I believe it, and have since moved on.

I don't see humor here.

20. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    grr... the card is not the POINT!!!!!!

it was a tool, a way to get the thread going!!! sheesh!!!

21. SithSpit777

Oct 3, 2001
    *shakes head, mutters, then babbles incoherently*

is there ANYONE who understands what I was trying to do?

:( :( :( :( :(
    :( :( :( :( :(

Well, at least I am living up to my name, I guess...

22. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

It is also not something any sensible completist worries about.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Also this thread is offtopic, humor threads are not allowed in EU lit forums only in EU community forums.

24. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, move along!

25. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

Since you asked, probably with the line dancing stormtroopers from Rebel Assault 2.

For my money that was one of the best uses of CGI I have ever seen. Now, THAT was funny.

And the dancing troopers in the LucasArts logo in Rogue Leader II. Hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.