main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    this is the new thread to post when/if you are bored silly at work, and want to go home now, or feel under-appreicated.

I am hungry.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    By boss just bought me a chocolate bar, but I would rather a raise.
    I want to go now.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We've been without a cost of living for a LONG time. I need more money. My alarm woke me up and I thought it was the weekend. Man!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We had a staff meeting yesterday afternoon and our Division Engineer told us that a cost of living is budgeted but since we don't have a contract yet we get nothing.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I walked into the bathroom at work and it smelled like vomit. I feel really sick now.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That is funny in a weird way, I just walked out of the men's room here because it smelled like fish.

7. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am bored! But I can't really complain...I actually get to go on the internet whenever I want to at this place, which is loads better than the job I had in high school.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, your post made me laugh! [face_laugh]

NP, sometimes I think back and remember how life was in school and wonder if I'd like to go back then I remember that I don't want to study any more and that feeling goes away. Then again, sometimes I feel like getting a masters though it won't do any good here.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm stalling. I have one last thing to do today and that is prepare this report for a meeting on Monday. I don't want to start it. It is dull and boring. I would rather take a nap. I don't think I have caught up on all my sleep yet.

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Since the Mrs. is gone, I am king of the castle for a bit. Well two nights ago, the (real) Bubba got sick, and I had to wash the comforter, mattress cover, sheets...etc.

Rather than make the bed, I chose to sleep in the guest room, cause today our monthly housekeeper visit. My dogs last night were like, hey dad, whats up? Why we sleeping in the other room?

After about 30 seconds, they figured it out. Literally, we had a dog pile. I love my dogs, they are wonderful.

Carolyn (the wife) called today. (from Bosnia) on her Cell phone. She called Monday too, and Wednesday. Its like, hello, thanks for the call, I love you and all, but it is $2.00 a minute. (t-mobile had good connections) Her cell phone sounds like she is right in Sherman Oaks.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Im bored beyond belief. For a change...

12. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    well, how ironic that his thread was started today. today was my last day at working at my father's auto repair shop. i needed to move on and to focus on my interpreting gig, besides we're still in the plans to sell the business so i needed to make a decision. needless to say i'm a bit bummed today. :(.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    DH if you ever want to go back to school just think of final exams and remember you will have to take them again. They are horrid. :p

SoloJedi: That is sad. :(

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Scott--I know, me too (on the sleep thing). I took a "nap" propped against the arm of the couch this evening (halfway intentionally). Last Tuesday I was falling asleep in class (around 12pm).

Solo--good luck!

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SJ, wow! That's a major life change. Good luck. I'm sure you will succeed.

Yes, NP, all I have to do is think about studying period and that's usually enough. There are two exams that engineers should pass in their careers, the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and the Professional Engineer (PE) exams. The EIT was easy but the Seismic portion of the PE nearly killed me. I never want to have to take those again.

I'm trying to catch up on my sleep this weekend. I was pretty worthless at work today.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I have nothing but Star Wars and my wedding on my mind. I can't concentrate at all at work. I'm still tired and recovering from CIII. This month is going to be too crazy for me. I'll need all of June to recover.

17. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    ugh I'm at school. I don't have a class now but no way of getting home so im stuck here. [face_plain]
    The week has already started bad so can it be friday already? or preferably may 19th ;)

18. Tess

Tess Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Gave my two weeks notice last Friday at my silly little deli job. They were highly unproffesional and paying me next to nothing, and even that they never got to me on time. Which is tolerable when one needs a job badly, but then they started mistreating me and I decided to no longer put up with it. Now looking for work full time in the Los Angeles area, and doing commissions full time. Just finished a sandtrooper painting and now I am on to another Sandtrooper and a mandalorian.

Or at least I will be when I get offa these darned message boards!

Tess

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I woke up yesterday thinking it was Wednesday. Today I woke up thinking it was Friday. How can a week last so long? I need to have May 19th come so maybe I can be productive again.

20. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I know, it's bad enought they expect me to work that day. But it's hard to concetrate with the calender on the wall here. Especially now that it's May!

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I will not be around much today if any. We have a big event today at Sony and I am an organizer so I will not be at my desk.

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    As long a it's not pre-production for 'Baby Geniuses vs. Anaconda' we forgive you.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    WOW! What's the event? I thought it was Thursday when I came into the office today. In addition, I left my radio faceplate (and hence no radio in my car) and JR's CD at home today. I can't stay awake so I walked down to my local Starbuck's for real coffee so I'm going to have a headache later(caffeine gives me a headache).

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I feel like eating a waffle.

I had a dream last night that I was watching ROTS. I woke up when Palpatine was about to reveal himself as Darth Sidious I don't know if that's a spoiler because I don't know what exactly is going to happen.

25. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I don't think you are going to make it to May 19th JRacer. You may want to be put into stasis or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.