main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm back from lunch. It was fine. I feel like some ice cream now. This weekend will just be a kick back one. I'm hoping to see Wedding Crashers and The Island this weekend but I have to see them early so I don't miss a phone call from my padawan.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I also feel like having some ice cream, but since I'm not supposed to eat any dairy products, some nice cold watermelon would hit the spot right now. I'm not lactose intolerant or anything, it's just a quack doctor told me to stay away from dairy. It's so dang hot outside!!

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I hereby decree that people with air conditioners in their car are not allowed to complain about the heat.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    One reason I won't drive my MG right now is because it's too dang hot. Sorry, CBM, I'll try not to complain about the heat.

Ice Cream anyone?

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Coming from Texas, I actually like this weather. I am usually cold all the time anyway. During lunch I took a walk around the studio. But I'm back from lunch and now it is time to get cracking on that report.

Almost Friday!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I could never live in Texas. I hate this kind of weather. I had to walk about seven or eight long blocks to my meeting yesterday afternoon and I was dying. I had to walk it back too. Man!

Yeah tomorrow!

7. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    JOb application inquiry???
    under salary desired,
    A) should I leave it blank?
    B) put 'Open'
    C) put $12.00
    It's for a part-time position at a non-profit childrens' foundation.
    I have an interview at 10:00am.

Wish me luck, pray, make a sacrifice to your aztec-god...

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've never had that come up (maybe because I work civil service). I'd leave it open.

Good luck.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's a DB question I guess. He says he knows all about the hiring process. It's sort of his job. I would leave it open. But what do I know.

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I answered privately

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Her interview was at 10 am. I hope she received the answer in time.

We came in late today because we were waiting for our milk/juice delivery. It turned out that the guy's van broke down and so there were no deliveries today. Now I have to stay later than I'd like. Man!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It's 10am on Saturday and I'm at work! What does this mean? Oh yeah, time and a half. But being here is weird, it is so quiet. Today's job is to take photos of the buildings and inventory the things inside. That means I get to walk around other people's office and go through their things. This will be very good as I'm going to walk the Home Entertainment department and they have boxes and boxes of DVDs just laying around to be taken. However they are usually crap dvds no one would want, but if I see something good and no one is watching, it's going down my pants. But don't tell anyone. I'm sitting at my desk right now waiting for this lady who is going to help me on this project. Actually I'm helping her really. I bet I will be done in about 4 hours.

Then I'm going to get a haircut. Or maybe all of them cut.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, you crack me up. I am hanging out at home enjoying the air conditioning (but dreading the bill later). Saturday's are great. I'm going to clean the computer room/office now. Hope you find some good stuff. Pick up something for me if you can.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, I'm back home. I worked five hours but I was told to put seven down. Hey I didn't argue. I didn't get anything worth sharing unless maybe for YodaGirl. I was given the International DVD department to inventory, and all the DVDs were in Japanese! So I didn't pick anything up.

Oh and I got that hair cut.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Monday. :_|

The good thing is they were playing a Horatio Hornblower this morning and will all week. I love Ioan.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Who is this Hornblower character? I think he should change his name. I don't like it.

Why is it Monday? I haven't been to work the past three Mondays. There was the 4th of July holiday, then there was me skipping work due to a "illness" that was caused by too many "special" drinks and then me going to Disneyland, then there was the day after Comic-Con Monday. So I don't know what it will feel like to go a full week of work.

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Give us some of those Japanese DVDs! ..please.
    I haven't worked a full week since the 3rd week in June, and this is a short week too!! Lucky me!
    I just came back from Vegas last night. I played the Star Wars slot machine. I took a picture, I'll post it later tonight. It was fun, but I lost $40 on it. I came out even playing blackjack though.

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Hello all. I have returned. Of course I actually came back on thursday morning but I've been working since then...alot.

Good news. Today is my birthday and I'm working tonight at Buzz! Not at Autopia! I get a happy bday sticker and air conditioning.

Yeah um, this heat wave this past week was really bad. really bad. we were allowed to carry water bottles around with us and everything. a couple people passed out etc...we even had a car derail on thursday or friday....can't remember which day. but it rocked.

so vegas was OK. that's my report.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Happy B-day, APL! Bummer that you have to work but cool that you get to work in air-conditioned comfort.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Happy Birthday APL. I bet it is just dreadful out there in the heat. Sorry you have to work on your bday, but Buzz is fun and air conditioned.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    FRIDAY! [face_dancing] This week would not end!

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Happy Birthday APL

[image=http://www.craftelady.com/images/happy_birthday_balloons.bmp]

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It's Friday but big deal. I have to be at work tomorrow at 11 and on Sunday at 7!

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I had my very own crew of non English speaking people over the weekend and I got to do what every white man is good at, Telling everyone else what to do while I just stand around with a clipboard and look important.

Is that racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.