main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    yet accurate :D

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't think it's terribly racist because it could very well be any other color bossing another around. It's no worse than a woman bossing a bunch of guys around. :D

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Is that racist?

Not in Texas

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    two words SR: "Hooters Conversation." (in Indy) yup, you are racist.

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Or the car conversation after Howl at the Moon...which did turn out to not really be racist; I misunderstood (and I think Marshall did too) a bit. Anyway. It's been my (sad) experience that living in LA makes one more predjudiced/racist, so don't worry about it!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    This is going to be a short week for me because I will be off Friday and I'm leaving early Thursday to pick up my padawan! Yeah!

The bad news, meetings and the boss is out of town that means we have to cover. No esta bien. :_|

Don't listen to them, SR. You aren't a racist. Now, if you were enjoying it, then well, maybe. Of course my philosophy is this is one of the reasons you go to college, so you don't have to be the grunt labor. [face_cowboy]

7. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005

There once was a guy named Scott
    Who was bossing around an ethnic lot
    With his Clipboard held tight
    He claimed he was white
    and now he just might get shot. [face_dancing]

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  9. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hummm, that's funny. But really I didn't boss them around because I can't speak Spanish that good, and they claimed not to speak English.

There were times I thought they were laughing at me. Though I'm 100% sure.

10. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    So...let me get this straight...

are you saying Sony/MGM hired undocumented workers?

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They were probably contract employees. It's not up to Sony to check the paperwork of their consultants' workers, right?

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm pretty sure they are legal, but DH is right, it isn't up to us but the company we used.

13. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Regarding SR racials tendencies, prejudice against everyone and hatred for all those different... here is my take:

I hate everybody, unless they prove differently. Safe and easy way to go through life. Only person who is exempt from this: JiltedToo.

Don't know why, just because. Just kidding kids.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It's almost my Friday! Yeah!

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I get to work overtime again tonight. There is something new! I don't mind it really.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, I have a whole list of things you can buy for me with your newfound wealth. :D

17. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    It's my saturday today...don't get another day off until next wednesday either.

I can't wait for school to start.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    School, now there is a word that scares me.

19. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I keep having dreams/nightmares that I'm still in school. I've had these recurring dreams since I graduated college 13 years ago. It's always the same dream, but in different locations. I'm on my way to a midterm or final, but I have no idea what classes I'm taking or where they are. I know I have a math class, but I don't remember ever going to it. It sends me into a panic.. that's why it's really a nightmare.

I think I've always intended to go back to school to get a Master's degree, but I never acted on it.. maybe that's why.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think the things I miss most about school are Winter and Spring breaks and Summers off. :(

Oh, and today is my Friday! Yeah!

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I wish that today was my Friday, but it isn't Friday isn't even going to be Friday for me this week.

I have that same dream JR. I go to some large classroom that I don't remember and have to take a test in a class I never went to. I somewhat remember registering for the class and getting the book but never went to a single class or did any reading. Then I freak out in class, I then wake up panic and then remember I haven't been to school in nine years. It's ok.

22. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    And today I "was sick" and didn't go to class, it's not worth driving from Long Beach to El Toro to turn in a paper, when I can just as easily e-mail it *and give myself time to finish it in the morning* My teacher has A.D.D. so every week we have been going on field trips and he randomly cancels class.. kinda cool
    I start working hopefully in about two weeks *OMG Thank you everyone for your advice< i got the part-time job with the Orangewood Childrens Foundation* and a full semester (I haven't done school full-time in a few years, kinda nervous)

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah Crowbar! What's ADD?

24. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    Attention Deficit Disorder

25. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Wow, e-mailing in a paper. Cool. In the Stone Age Days you actually had to turn it in personally. And I was pumped when my roommate had a computer. I had a pretty chic typewriter though. I have had that test trauma dream many times-you know there's a test but you didn't study and don't even know what the class is. It's like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'm so glad I was reminded so now I can be plagued by this nightmare once again. And speaking of Stone Age college stuff, we actually registered for classes going station to station in person, in the sun. It was all day misery. At SC they had phone registation which was like completely, unbelievably awesome. It's almost embarrassing to share these Stone Age Memories but someone has to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.