main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah email the paper. Email and junk...send it in. I prefer in the flesh turning in but whatever. But what sucks is getting your assignments off the computer because half the time I can't download it or anything.

Me love school. No school means work. yes school means no work. get it? I love it. Plus I love my major (creative writing) but when I was a theatre major I hated it.

2. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I WAS excited about turning in my papers until he totally hashed them up! and I don't mind him telling me how to improve my paper, but when we turned in the first draft he was annoyed that i was working on it and not reading something he assigned, He said, "I think you should be working on your tight verbs, and descriptions." Not to brag, OK yes to brag, but I have won awards for my writing.. it's the only talent I actually possess. So I told him, "I read them and I think I have utilized these tools in this particular paper." he skims the paper and picks on little words (the, come, given) So I politely told him, to read it in context and if he can think of a way to enhance it please let me know.. he actually then reads the damn thing and looks at me and says, this is great keep up the good work. and walks off.
    SO I get my grade back (after having numerous people review it for punctuation errors etc.) and I get a B-!!!!!!! OMG! He didn't even write why! Oh I was bitter.. OK I AM bitter... so the less I am actually in that class, the better! So now i turn in a rough draft, ask him "How I can improve it because I AM SCARED of a bad grade" so he chops it up his way, tells me what i should write, and i submit his rewritten version and throw in some major ass kissing, I am so imcompetant I need your assistance since you are superior etc.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Can't wait to go back to school and get my degree. That's part of the reason I left. School should either try to teach you something useful, or just let you pay the money, and get a degree without having to show up. What an insane wase of time.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I haven't posted today until now because work is very busy. I will have to be here at 6am tomorrow to start.

I hurt.

5. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Sucks to be you getting the B-. I've been lucky on my teachers and grades so far. really lucky. My astronomy class should've been a guaranteed C or even D, but I got a B...long story.

I'm sorry you hurt SR. Let me know when you're next off day is or when you can, and you can visit me at Dland...I can help you get on Autopia really quick! Or buzz lightyear..depending on the day...and possibly other rides depending on who I know that day...ahem. I didn't say that.

BTW, Attention to DH, I totally freakin' forgot. I did get you something from the 50th celebration..but I'm not sure if you want it.

I got you some 50th limited edition July 17th 2005 golden ears. you can't write on it like the normal ears but it is collectible.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Don't hurt me, please.
    I hope you're getting paid for your overtime. If you are, then you must be rollin' in $$. You can treat me to a nice Cajun steak if you'd like.

Me, I'm bored today. I have a lot to do, but all I feel like doing is to take a nap. I have to see my dentist after work. He's a good buddy of mine from elementary school, so it's not that bad. He's a dentist, his brother is a dentist, his father is a dentist, and his wife ("too sexy" - per my wife) is a dentist.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey guys,
    I'm home. I still hurt though. I took some pain killers with my friend Jack, you've met Jack haven't you DB?

Yes, I've been getting paid big bucks. I said I'd buy everyone their favorite beverage one night soon.

I also told them I couldn't under no circumstances miss the 20th. I would quit first. They said it would be ok.

I sort of had a break down at work today but not because of the overtime. That's fine, but someone called me on some old accounting stuff (I hate accounting) back from Feb. I totally didn't know what to do and she wanted answers right then and now. I told her to drop the charges that I never touched anyone... Oh wait I switched stories. Nevermind.

8. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    JR, is your dentist in Pasadena? Sounds familiar.

SR, man, you need a break. Forget the Bespin Luke Collection and take a breather.

9. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey my city/ enginnering peeps. What is leveling? What is HI & FS? I don;t thing I did to well on that test.

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Leveling, does that deal with using a level? If so then it's when you adjust the screws so the bubbles are in the middle of the bar thingy. HI is height of Instrument and FS is, I don't remember. It's probably foresight or frontsight which is the opposite of backsight. If it is, it's when you look through the level at the next point rather than when you swing it back to the previous point. I'm not sure though. Sorry you don't feel you did well. Which test was this?

Thanks APL! I really appreciate it!

It's only Saturday and I am dreading going back to work.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    On Saturday at 2pm, I hit the wall. I started getting sick. They sent me home. I had a fever of 101.8. I'm staying home the rest of the weekend. I don't see how some of these people can just go one working every day. I felt bad leaving but I would have felt worse staying. I think they are robots or something. It just isn't right. As I was leaving someone told me that there was always next weekend. I killed that person right then and there.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, I hope you feel better. I don't think the human body was meant to work without a day off once in a while. No amount of money is worth that kind of punishment. That co-worker definitely deserved a severe shin kicking session.

13. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    I agree, you have been putting your all into your work and instead of sympathy you get a slap in the face! You Deserve much better then that. You can work for me, you won't get paid but you will be appreciated [:D]

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    TC, your signature line regarding the Princess bride made my padawan laugh. Man, is it Friday yet? SR, you could always work at the City with JR, Mr. DH, CBM, and me. We aren't appreciated either. Of course we don't get merit raises either.

15. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    Thank you DH, regarding your city-employment offer to SR hehum ~DON'T DO IT, IT'S A TRAP, THEY JUST WANT TO SUCK YOU IN THEN SUCK YOU DRY~

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is very true. The City pays you enough to keep you alive but that's about it.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I am going to go to work today. I don't feel 100% yet, but I have to go. Something about getting some droids up to the moisture fields or something so if I don't there will be hell to pay.

18. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    It's not friday for you guys, but it's my friday. I'm going to Universal studios with MC tomorrow (remember Dland?).

I think I'm crazy to go on my day off.

And it was great seeing CBM, TheCrowbar and their friend at Dland on sunday. It was awesome. But you guys totally missed us evacuating later on that night, lucky you. The dooron the "clamshell" rocket wouldn't close. so ..there.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It's only Tuesday and I really, REALLY wish it were Friday. I'm tired.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    My head hurts I took some Tylenol but that hasn't kicked in. I wish it were Friday. I don't want to work anymore overtime. I've decided that my personal time is far more important to me than overtime pay.

21. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    SR~ You have made your decision, now what are you going to do about it.

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm working three days this week, and going to eastern Wisconsin to see Coldplay on Saturday night. I still don't know if the people who are supposed to come with are coming or if I have to try to sell the other 2 tix. Because of this (or 'cause I'm lazy) I also haven't looked up road directions or looked into hotels (if these 1-2 are coming I can probably stay at their house). Anyway. I'll supposedly know by tomorrow.

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm confused about all that above, but I do like Coldplay.

Does anyone else think Zero 7 is amazing, too? Just trying to fit in....

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I was just babbling basically, JB. The part about working was referring to Godiva, and the rest about what's going on with this concert on Sat. I don't know Zero 7...what are they like?

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Coldplay is cool and if not for the cost of tickets to Wisconsin I would buy one of those tickets from you. I also have not heard of Zero 7. I'll have to search iTunes for them for a sample.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.