main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    JR, maybe you should look into carbon freezing. You won't have to count the days till the 19th, we'll just thaw you out when it's movie time.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The place across the street from my office that has waffles on the menu didn't have any waffle batter. I hate going into a place that doesn't have what they are supposed to have.

I went to a Mini (car) Dealership in Monrovia. I said "Do you have any Mini's at this Mini dealership?" They said that they don't have any in stock. You have to order it and pay $5000 extra. I told them to stick that Mini up their ***. Other dealerships have plenty of Minis. All I wanted was a test drive. No I'm not buying another car.

I'm just rambling.. I can't concentrate today.

Is it May 19th yet?

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    There's a Mini Dealership on Lankershim near my house and they have about 20 Minis on the lot at any given time. They are so cute!

4. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    yeah and our former mechanic / tech. now works for century west bmw which is the one there in n hollywood. really nice guy and knows his stuff!!!
    If anyone plans on getting a mini, get the S model. more zip and power for the money!!!!

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think mini's are super cute.

JR, where's the waffle place?

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm done with the event. It was a charity event. Each year Sony divisions all across the globe take time out to volunteer. This year Sony Pictures (my division) went to the Exceptional Children's Foundation today. It is a place for mentally chanllenged people both adults and older kids go to learn work skills. Anyway, we planted trees, created a garden, painted murals, and built an outdoor cafe area. Basically we just fixed up the place and made a dirty old warehouse into a nice place for them to work.

I went to a Subway sandwich shop once and they didn't have bread.

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    The waffle place is across the street from our office. It says Ice Cream and Juices on the outside. Don't bother going there though, they don't have waffle batter.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    How can Subway be open if they're out of bread?!

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I guess they were going to sell other things like cookies and soup or something. I didn't ask and I didn't stick around.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    There was a Subway place in the news once. The owner just walked away and never came back so he did not purchase any supplies. The crew had to use the money from the day's sales to buy supplies. They had to put up signs to apologize for the lack of straws, cups, soda, etc. The crew were paid for part of their salaries out of the till also. Finally the Subway company stepped in and provided what the store needed. I think they revoked the franchise from the owner but I don't know what happened after that.

I woke up this morning and knew it was Thursday. I think I am finally getting into the groove of the week.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I woke up thinking it was Saturday. I cried when I remembered that it was not. I thought yesterday was Friday since I dressed casual for the event.

12. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I was at a restuarant the other day that didn't have any cheese. They weren't out, they just didn't use cheese to make anything on the menu.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    The place across the street from my office DIDN'T have waffles again. They should just take it off the menu. I had a breakfast burrito instead. I feel sick now.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Why aren't you eating your usual bowl of cereal.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    We were out of soy milk this morning.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Eww! [face_sick] Soy milk is not milk.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Soy milk is not milk, but it's better for you. It's not that bad actually.

18. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Soy milk is really healthy but I think it smells.

19. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Soy milk is really gross.

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I bet none of you have even tried soy milk.

21. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I did, it was vanilla flavored.

22. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    It doesn't matter what flavor it is, you can still smell that smell. I think you either dig it or you don't. But I am glad you are taking in soy, JR. I hear it helps with hot flashes. Oh wait, that's for women. Well, it's really good for you. Keep up the healthy work. If they serve soy tonight at HH, I'll buy you a tall glass.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My mom and brother drink soy milk. It's nasty. And yes, it's supposed to help minimize the effects of menopause. I think I'll just eat tofutti or something like that instead.

24. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Well, if you drink enough Long Island ice teas, you'll never feel a hot flash. Let's do preventative therapy and start tonight.

25. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Is there anything females can drink to limit/reduce PMS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.