main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA OK Darn it: still bored silly beyond belief. Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    So our office has this mandatory Domestic Violence class that everyone has to attend and I'm falling asleep while the instructor is speaking then one smart aleck asks why domestic violence has anything to do with the workplace. The instructor says something and adds, "God forbid of we have people in the same family in the workplace" or words to that effect and everyone looks at Mr. DH and myself (we're both in the same class). I completely ignore the little "cutsie" comments from the peanut gallery and the class continues. As we are leaving, people start asking about my long sleeves (the AC is working today and so I have a sweater on) and then about Mr. DH's long sleeves, etc. People offer to talk to me if I need to speak about anything. All kidding of course. I know they mean well and are just playing around but sometimes I just think people are idiots. I wish we did not have to go to such classes. I know these problems exist but why drag all of us down too? Perhaps some people are not able to recognize domestic violence and so it helps them. Who knows. Any way, I want to go back to sleep now.

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    one time I had a major super bowl party when I lived in Century City, B.C. (before Carolyn)

Well, I had just finished a major, two day arguement about cause/ correlation, that Super Bowl is not the cause for the most domestic violence, but alcohol consumption is. So anotherwords, you can't blame domestic violence on the sporting event, but you can on the alcohol consumed.

Anyway, in my twisted sesne of humor, and to make fun of the person I was arguing against, I put a sign on my door:

Please leave your domestic violence outside, and do not bring it in. Your story made me think about that. I truly offended some of me female guests, who were unaware of the facts. Ironically, I had the print out and statistics available, so they knew I was not full of it.

Its sounds like a good idea, to have that presentation at work. You never know. It is a serious issue,and unfoprtunately, in our society, some people ignore it
    when the issue should be addressed.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm not saying it isn't serious, I'm just saying it was a complete waste of time for most of us. Yes, I suppose it should be out there but I would feel better if they just passed out information and had us read it later.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    the problem with the city is it's always too late, and only to cover themsleves. Some dude will get sued for harrasement. Now everybody else has to go to a seminar to learn what not to do. And even then, it's only so that if you do something wrong, the city can say, "Don't blame us, we sent him to the seminar"

And the classes are uber boring.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, classes like this always arise from the City being sued by someone. We now have an injury and accident plan because someone died on the job otherwise we would never have one. It's lame.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm actually due for one of these classes. I hate them too. I want to go home now. I'm tired, it's the BK talking I know.

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    SR,

May I kindly suggest you take the honors/ expanded class on proper/ non-PC/ anti-racist... anti-sexist statements. :D :D :D :D :D Uh oh, here we go....

Maybe George and I can be guest speakers.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    On what not to do.

You know you work at a crazy place when a cow walks by your office window. Oh and they have a replica of the Stargate Stargate set up now too. I tried running through it but it wasn't working I guess because I'm still here.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude, you gotsta get me a picture of the stargate! with or without you standing in front of it for scale.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I would love to, except you aren't allowed to take photos on the lot.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That would be so cool if we could all get a picture in front of the gate. We'll have to find a time when security is a little lax.

12. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Dude, lets dress up like SG1, and take a picture with my secret camera phone!

I am so down to do that!

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Though it's not Friday yet, it is for me as I will be taking the rest of the week off and am leaving early today! Woo Hoo! Every week should be like that.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I would love to, except you aren't allowed to take photos on the lot.

Be creative! Use your imagination. I have faith in you SR!

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well the party is over and so is the gate. I missed my opportunity. We had it set up because people from other countries were here to buy our shows and we do this big party each year to sell them. But now we also have MGM stuff like Stargate and James Bond. They had a lot of the Bond Girls here too last night. I still don't know where the cow fits in.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Maybe it's the cow from the Restaurant at the end of the Universe?

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    So let me get this straight, you had bond girls there AND the Stargate, and you didn't invite me? :(

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I wasn't "invited" either. The party was on main street last night. I just walked by on my way to my car. I wasn't allowed to stay.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    What elitist snobs! You should have called us and we could have rushed the gates en masse!

20. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    So let me get this straight, you had bond girls there AND the Stargate, and you didn't invite me?

I know what you mean. I used to think Scott was my friend, but now I find out he doesn't want to hang out anymore because he, 'already made plans with someone else who is cooler then me'.

And now I find out about the Stargate party and no invite.

Here I was going to give him my old Star Wars toys.

[face_shame_on_you]

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh, that's nothing, you should have sen him tottaly ignore me at Disneyland. We just happened to be there on the same day. It's a small world, but apparently it's still split into cool and uncool after all. :p

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    yea, well once I was in line with him in the rain, and he pretty much ignored me and just made fun of poorly made Boba Fetts costume, and cursed the weather. Oh, wait, that was me.

For what its worth, got my camera fixed and returned, hurray. Got a new hat too, hurray. Got a new ROTS booked, hurray. All the damage from CIII is almost fixed.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm still on Hawaii time. I'm sooooooooooooo tired. I want to go home and sleep. Tomorrow is my day off, but I'm coming into work for a little bit. I'm getting some kind of recognition for the work I did on that detour road I've been bragging about. It's been a loooong time since I've been recognized for something I've done.

Hey, have any of you seen the new Star Wars movie yet?

24. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    My Disney client just asked me that. How do I respond. Revenge of the What?

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    What?!? I haven't read this thread I guess in a while. When did it turn to Skyryder bashing! You know I love you people more than my dirty laundry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.