main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok Guys and Gals lets talk Costuming and Props.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SITHOVERLORD-DOC, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

SITHOVERLORD-DOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2002
    Yes Snowtroopers. Its close folks I can smell Hoth base burning now. I cant say what a kit will run but keep reminding me and as soon as its done I'll let you know.

What no one really wants to do something crazy??

Come on guys and gals, I just want to outfit the people I can so we see more in fandom then just troopers and (Human) Jedi. There is just so much more in SW. I know Don Post and Rubbies have made some half decent masks and with some work they could be great.

I loved the Darth Jar Jar. That is the type of thing I am talking about.

I would love to see ANY GUNGUN BUT JAR JAR.
    So if one of you is interested in doing captain Tarpols I would be willing to custom a jar jar mask. I even know a guy that would do a killer paint job just to se it done right.

Got to run
    Doc

Id rather be Costuming....I mean Crazy

2. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Hmmm... that kinda got me to thinkin. In a few years I think I'll break down and do a Mon Calmari Fleet Admiral or something to that effect.

3. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002

Why in a few years? I know a place that has the hands and head. Check out bubbas barnyard costuming. He has some down and dirty fast and easy how to on some stuff and he did an akbar. Check his sight out and lets do this stuff. and he realy keeps it cheap.

I just think that a RMFF costumed event should have all sorts of Aliens, scum and villainy.

Doc

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    But he talks about Hot glueing his stuff together. I mean no offense, but I am a seamstress. It just sounds painful to me ;)

5. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    then throw it on a Sowing machine. it dose not have to be much more than a costume. hell the real film used costumes are often a pile of podo.

Doc

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    True... but then those were only ment to last so long. However I understand how some people do not have access to a sewing machine :) I have seen some people put together some very nice costumes without them...

Which has just given me an idea... what if the next time we have a big event, we just supply people with newspaper, scissors and duct tape and they have to make a star wars costume with their team. The best team wins a prize!

7. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    I like it. A dark side... a light side... and it binds the universe together. duct tape

Its kind of limiting, but then it comes in red, black, blue and army green.

I would think some cardboard as well you know if they want to try some armor.

how about duct tape light saber.

Or a LOTR version ?The one roll to rule them all the one roll to bind them..."

Excuse me but I'm crazy

Doc

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL!

Ok, this is definetly a must do at the next major event. Maybe we can do this at Star Fest or something :)

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    paper costumes would be great to see.
    and doc that a vong not a nohgri that i chose for my pic. but to make some vong stuff would be cool and really unique. i have not heard of anyone doing any vong stuff.

10. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Vong would be cool. Lots of prep time though, but still not something that i've seen done yet.

I was also thinking we're short on smuggler types around here. Not a complex costume, but one that a person could have some fun with.

11. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    Vong hmmm...
    I think I'm gonna have to serve 20+ years just so I can have all of the costumes I want.

Then whenever I want to go to a major event it'll take me a year or longer to choose the costume I wanna wear.

I'm so confused already.

12. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002
    in this time of malls and x-mas shopping you may need one just to get to the SW toy you want.

This guy has a great tutorial here
    www.apocprod.com/Pages/tutorials/gaffi.htm

Heads up ladies and gentlemen, The time is now to act. I saw the same Textured Hershey's Kiss Crystal Candy Dish at a king soopers about $10. I just thought that some of you would be interested in a heads up. If any of you are interested in doing and would like some help let me know. If any of you would rather go the Fiji war club way I would be willing to help in any way I can.

I got to run

Doc

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I don't like masks, so I will have to be half human.

I want to do the snow trooper, I have started research on the outfit, should be easy enough to sew.

Jabba's dancer, a sith witch working on that one but it shouldn't be much different then the real Kim (I've been called worse haha).

14. SITHOVERLORD-DOC

Nov 12, 2002

I got a report today on the snow trooper. The only thing he has left is the side panel on the back pack. so he as started to pull some to see how the molds work out. So let me know if you find the pattern for the rest. I think I know a guy that may have them I will have to look around a bit and see what I can find.

As for the rest of the costumes you want to do. Which of Jabba's dancers?

Doc

15. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    i just took another step into the realm of costuming. a lady i know just gave me a singer 4700 that she bought in the 80s, but only used a few times. so now i can learn to sew.

16. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Score! :D

That's where Sarah comes in ;)

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    i hope it works out. and know is when my mom tells me that she knows how to use these things. she couldnt have told me this sooner than now? mothers.

18. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Any of y'all any good with shapable solids? I'm talking PVC piping cut into strips and thin woods that can be bent and shaped. I have an idea for a costume piece that I want to make for Dragon*Con'03 but I"m very jealous of my plans since I'm a nut about having an original or one-of-a-kind costume. (It comes with being named after Princess Leia. EVERYONE and their dog dresses up as her. Or spoofs her, anyway) Please, please, PLEASE let me know?

19. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    If yur talkin' thin strips of wood, get plenty of Balsa, & simply place & secure them as needed.....drops of super-glue(or contact cement)work just fine, and after the costume is basically formed, use non-hardening silicon(in da tubes from Home Depot) to coat the balsa & to keep the Balsa strips supple for a very long time. Hope that helps!

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We haven't talked in this thread since December?

Where's Doc anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.