main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK, here goes nothing...

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    With the holiday season officially in gear, I would like to propose the following.

Valerie and I would like to host the Tulsa FanForce Christmas Dinner Party at our house in Claremore.

Now I understand that some folks might not be that familiar with Claremore and think that it's too far out of the way, but please keep an open mind. It's only 30 minutes away from most locations in Tulsa, and even less if you are from Broken Arrow or Owasso.
    We have plenty of room at our house for such a gathering, and everyone would be welcome.

Valerie and I would be willing to provide and prepare the main dish (Ham or Turkey) if everyone else wanted to bring a covered dish, casserole, desserts, etc. We could also do some sort of gift exchange game with small gifts under $5 or $10. Something like Dirrty Santa (It's NOT an adult game. Kiddies and minors can play as well, and its a blast). It would be a wonderful evening of fun and camaraderie in the true spirit of the season.

Anyway, there it is. I wanted to put it out this week before the meeting so it could possibly be discussed this weekend. As I mentioned this past Saturday night, I will be unable to attend the meeting due to prior obligations.

I look forward to your response and suggestions.

2. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    I think it all sounds great. Since you guys now know my cooking talents, doing potluck is a good idea.

3. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Sounds like a great ideal Jake, I have always wondered if you have one of those light up Christmas ties. Now I can see myself.

4. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Sounds great to me. Free food, friends, & gifts ... what else could you ask for ....
    Besides, you now know Amanda's cooking talents and it might get me out of some family function!

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Sounds like a great idea Jake. If we can make it we'll be there, my schedule at work has taken a turn for the a bit later at night, but we'll do all we can to make it!

6. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Amanda and I would love to get together for the holiday season. We won't get to spend the holidays with my family this year so we would love to celebrate the holidays with our Star Wars family.

7. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Jake thats sounds like great fun. Just tell what I need to bring.

8. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Jake, my parents and I would love to come over. I always enjoy hanging out with you guys. Just let me know what my mom needs to cook, I can't cook to save my life, well, except rice crispy treats.

9. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Jakey..
    Sounds like a great idea. I can bring..Um well..UMMM Me and Ummmm I guess Jammie and Ashton can come too. Let me know if you need any help getting set up bud.

10. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    rice crispie treats :)
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.