main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok I don´t want to criticize, but do you think that Anakin should have been more

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by too onebee, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. too onebee

too onebee Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 1999
    Don´t get me wrong, I am really happy about Hayden´s performance in episode II, but thinking about it today, it came to me that we should really love Anakin so his fall will be a hit for all of us, even since the beginning we knew he was going to fall, but I believe George should have made him someone we would have related to.

Do you remember your emotions about luke in the OT? That´s the kind of public-character relation I am talking about, think for a second that the prequel was all about luke´s fall, not anakin´s... IT WOULD HAVE REALLY HURT!!

I haven´t watched the DVD or the VHS version with the deleted scenes, but I think they are great from what I have heard... In some aspects I think that´s really the Gap EPII left... we needed to see a really more caring Anakin... what do you think?

EDIT: This forum is for the non-spoiler discussion of ep3 only. This topic belongs in our AOTC forum :)

2. too onebee

too onebee Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 1999
    And by the way!! happy new year to you all!!!

3. Promiscuous_Jedi

Promiscuous_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker is a more tragic character than Luke Skywalker is. Luke is about innocence. Anakin is more of a tragic hero. Luke's issues were to simply learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like his father. Anakin's issues were more serious than that. There was his attraction to Padme Amidala, the attachment to his mother, and his differences with Obi-Wan as well as his arrogance.

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Personally I think haydens portryal was just right, he manged to combine some moments of innocence, while shading it with some forshadowing without over doing it, I think the picnic scene is a good example of this. In my opinion, if hayden was "too innocent" and carefree, and then we go into episode three and all of a sudden hes a monster that slaughters innocent jedi, that would not be very believeable to watch.

5. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think AOTC-Anakin is very much like TESB-Luke, it´s just that since we know that he will become Darth Vader, our view of him becomes more darkened with every dark act that he commits and every dark trait that he shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.