main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK, I was talking to my brother about ROTS and ROTJ.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthKakarot, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    He was at the point were he was yelling at me because he wanted Sidious to use a saber in ROTJ.....

I explained that he didnt use one because he didnt need it, Luke was defencless.

Then he starts yelling, "Yeah, but he could cut off limbs."

I started to laugh, then he kicks me in the privates.

So can somebody please tell him why he doesnt use the saber???

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Lol.

I dont think there really was a reason for him too. He was trying to turn Luke by forcing him to watch the Rebels perish in the battle, then Luke tries to strike him down and fights daddy, then he defeats him and says no to the darkside and Sids shocks him. Where would you throw in the lightsaber? If he says have him use the saber instead of lightning hes a moron, because Luke being shocked is one of the greatest moments of the saga.

Soo theres no place for the lightsaber in ROTJ, it would be overkill.

3. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I agree that Sidious' use of Force lightning is a much more powerful way of showing his power in RotS and RotJ.

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    The lightening was much more effective as Luke was on the other side of the room and without a lightsaber.

I hope you kicked him in the privates back.

5. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    YoungAngus is right. It's overkill.

Besides, I remember thinking, if this guy is supposed to be so powerful why dosen't he do something? Emperor Palpatine using Force-lightning is a much more powerful way of demonstrating his apptitude in the Force.

6. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Taking a lightsabre to an unarmed Jedi isn't really that tough. Dooku did not suffer during his beheading in RoTS. (He suffered BEFORE the beheading, but the beheading was a quick clean death.) In RoTJ, the Emporer was PISSED as hell at Luke. He walked in there, realeased his Anger on Vader and left himself just where Sidious wanted him and then......CAST DOWN HIS WEAPON AND ANGER! HOW DARE HE! Our favorite Dark Lord was not used to such failure. The little Punk Luke needed to suffer....bad.

Carnage

7. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Dude Carnage in the past like 2 days I have seen you make like 50 really good explanations of stuff. After I read one of your post I find myself saying, "Hmm..Good Point." So yea Kudos and stuff.

8. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    What's the Emperor's greatest weakness? Overconfidence.

His confidence in his abilities without a lightsaber were huge. Why would you resort to a lightsaber if you can just shock the heck out of someone from your chair?

9. Commander_Bly05

Commander_Bly05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2005
    I think that Palpatine didn't need to use a lightsaber against Luke, and he relied more on the force ... Besides, he had Darth Vader, who was supposed to fight against Luke in a lightsaber duel, and Palpatine thought about Luke as being Darth Vader's replacement once he was turned to the dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.