main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok, I'm going to really do this

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Joseph_Orion, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm looking for Fett armor piece by piece, since it would probably be cheaper. I also went back on these diet pills that made me lose 20lbs in 2 weeks...the trick is keeping it off. I will also be looking into a black and a blue/purple jumpsuit to do a quick change from Jorien to Jango and vice versa. So I need your help. Where can I get this stuff without paying a billion dollars for it?

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    dude, 20lbs in 2 weeks ain't healthy, and that's why it's next to impossible to keep it off if you've lost it that fast (most of it wasn't fat, it was water bro).

You should only be able to lose about 2 1/2 lbs per week (healthily that is). Best way to do it is to just watch your food (not so much carbs & fats and stuff obviously), and do some exercise. Exercise sucks, but once you've done it for awhile and get into a routine, you'll actually start to enjoy it.

One time I decided I wanted to be in a lower weight class for a jiujitsu tourney and I lost like 15 lbs in a couple weeks...I felt like crap at the tourney and I gained everything back right away after that. Then I decided I would just try to be in shape for the next one and I lost 20 lbs over a couple months, and I was in great shape.

Now granted, you might not be doing it for sports, but if you wanna lose weight, you gotta exercise, even if it's just walking on the treadmill every day.

3. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I felt the opposite. I felt very active while on it and less lethargic. The second i went off of it, i gained it all back and then some. I'm going to stay on it and exercise like a crazed psycho. I should be able to lose about 50 lbs in 2 days, lmfao!

and this is for Aquiring Fett props, not talking about diets lol!

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Be verrrrrrry, verrrrry careful.

Excessive excercise combined with any heart factors and an ephedrine based diet pill can be extremely dangerous.

I researched diet pills for about 2 months before I chose one, and what I lost was about what Cory described, 2.5 lbs per week for about 12 weeks (which is the maximum time recommended to use an ephedrine based pill).

I lost the 20 lbs I wanted over 3 months, it was not quick, it was not fun, it was not easy. I combined the pill with a major lowering of my calorie count, I gave up sugared sodas, and I didn't really eat sweets to begin with.

It's been a month since i've been off the pills and i've maintained my weight (I know it's still early) but i've also been in perpetual motion this month between Starcon, CII, all the activity last week, and now working again (I run around all day) plus the fact that I continue to really watch my food intake.

Don't play around with that kind of stuff, be careful, we want you around to p$$$ us off.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    If you really want to lose weight PM me and we'll discuss it. I'm at 65lbs since October

As for the armour. Start looking into the kits, talk to some of the guys at the 501st, I'm sure Chris (Boba-Threat) would be able to help you get started. I'm not an armour person, but if I finish my own weight loss I might look into a Zam costume.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Don't take diet pills at all! They are too risky to take the chance. Eat healthy, less and exerscize more. You may feel like crap the first couple weeks, but your energy level will skyrocket. And get checked by a doctor to see if you don't have any problems that may stop you from losing any weight.

7. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    NO, do not eat LESS, just eat healthier. You gotta eat to lose weight...you just gotta eat the right stuffs.

8. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    YEAH!!!!!! I knew we'd get yu on board, bro! Now.....as to the diet.....please pay close attention as I am medically-inclined......do nothing without a full check-up from yur doc first, and then tell him what yu want to accomplish and give him a realistic time-frame in which it's to be accomplished. Now.....this is very important......the bottom line is that if yu want to lose weight , put on muscle, and stay that way, then make a life-change! The key is a little bit everyday, and gradually increase the workouts until yu peak, allowing for rises and falls in yur metabolism.....keep yur diet very balanced, and eat SMALL snack-like meals as many times per day as possible. Yur body will turn the constant, small intakes into fuel faster, and keep yur body regulated for yur workouts and lifestyle better. If it's OK by yur doc, swimming is by far the safest and fastest fat-burner known to humans, and I don't mean laps! Any workout yu do in the water supports yur entire body, but requires all components to work together, leading to mass-consumption of stored fuels and fat....remember, fat is the last to go! As workouts themselves go, the YMCA's locally have very nice set-ups and only charge $40/month...that includes everything!!!! Again, get the doc's OK and rules, then start a circuit training that incorporates more reps than weight, and end it in the pool. This way, all fuel goes toward lean muscle mass, and the swimming will burn any unneeded fat away. The key here is that if yu work out sporadically, yur body will become confused, and it'll start packin' on fat in expectation of the next brutal workout.....BE CONSISTENT, and start out ridiculously slow and easy! If yu don't want to do the gym routine, give me a PM, and I'll lay out an outstanding, no-tools required workout!!!!

NOW.....to the armour......on the assorted links I put up on the Imperial Outfitters, several of them have to do with making what is known as GUYVER armour.....it's an intricate set of hollywood plate armour, but the techniques they use to make it are what yu want to look at.....the steps set up the armour to form-fit to yur body, and thus the fit is near perfect(don't worry about the armour looking like that.....the outer facings and panels forms can be made into anything once the cores are done).....while yur getting yur body into shape, work on the armour sections in which yur body is going to change the least(ie, forearms, head, feet, hands) Give this time, bro, and concentrate on doing one section at a time to absolute perfection in reference to yur body! Please don't get into a rush.....put up posters of the actual armour in all it's glory, refer to it often, and TAKE YUR TIME!!!! You've got three years, if yu need it, so be cool, and be determined. I'll help yu out with tips if yu want them......!

Oh, yea.....keep in mind that the rocket pack weighs 125LBS, and the total thrust is only ~350LBS, so either get down to 200LBS, or we'll have to increase the thrust!!!! ;->>

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well see the thing is, often when you eat less carbs, more protien, you're not as hungry. So you don't need to eat as much. Plus then you could have the occasional dessert. I've had four doctors tell me this, my mom who is studying to be a nutritionist, and a tone of homeopaths, osteopaths etc...

Another thing you might want to try is buy Carnatine at a health food store. Start out by taking small doses then work youself up to 1000mg a day in the morning. It helps let oxigen get to your cells so that it is easier to burn fat when you exercise.

Good luck!

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    IMO exercise is the key. When I was working out regularly, I was always hungry as hell and I'd eat a LOT (but no junk food)...but I was always working out and I actually lost weight.

11. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    well I know nothing of losing weight I did gain 15 pounds in a month , I was working out five days a week and doing cardio work every day. I was eating over 10,000 calories of protien and carb's a day,well the androcien and yo hombre root helped out quite a bit. I increased my bench press by 45 pounds in about 5 weeks.the program was the same as that used by the cornhuskers football team I have a friend thats a power lifter.I tried the so called fat burning pills as I still wasnt getting the cut look I wanted and they did give me a false energy but the actual vitamans and minerals I was taking gave enough help with out needing the "speed" or fat burner pills. thats all the pills are JO and they do help you lose weight but not in a good way, the only good way to go is to talk to a doctor or good reliable trainer as kit said then hard work buddy hard work and healthy food ,a fast way is the wrong way.and as wannabe said you need to change your life style to get it to stay off.

12. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    JediDragon, you're 20 years old, in great shape, and in the military.

As you can see just from the myriad of comments here, you can't state definitely what will work for others, there are many body types and issues relating to weight, Joey has to find what is best for him, and using the best advice given here, Tim's, do it with a doctor's advice.

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    All this talk about diet & exercise makes me wish I hadn't skipped the gym to clear my action figure room. boohoo.

You go Joey, but I do have to agree with everybody else, and I know your angry right now, but take it slow, talk to a doctor. If you can't swim, walk, it works.

14. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    LMAO!! I can handle my own on the weight thing, but thanks for the PM's. What I want to concentrate 100% on is tracking down Armor. If i start now, I can get piece by piece. I want a helmet ASAP though. Well maybe not ASAP but that's the first piece. I have no clue how this turned from helping me find armor to talking about weight loss!

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    sorry, I'm an ignorant ****. Don't exercise then.

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    and yeah, I am in great shape. now.

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I've seen how fat you are JD. You look as if you could be related to Jabba...

j/k... hehe... actually you're too skinny. I suggest you start a chunk diet: pork rinds, pork fat, bacon, bacon bits, canadian bacon, honey baked hams,chocolate covered bacon... oh and lots and lots of lard.

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, I'm actually almost to my limit for af standards, but I'm in great shape now compared to how I was in high school...

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Chubby eh? Hehe... I bet it was just baby fat. It takes guys longer to lose that.

20. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    WELL JO MY SUGESTION IS contact chris from the 501st he's a cool cat and would most likely help you out. or FACEplant could give you some ideas. try checking out
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/frontrange501st/
    this is the mountain garison home page and is localy run it should be a start.

21. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    thanks, Mike! I'll check it out. Thank everyone for all the encouraging words

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.