main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Ok, let's get this party started: FF trip to the Rennaissance Festival

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    And wait, when she meets us and realizes we're not all absolute weirdos.... oh wait... nevermind.... ;)

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    for those of you who might care to know:
    the weather prediction for this saturday, the 9th is...

partly cloudy
    77 degrees

looks like it will be a perfect day! ;)

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    See you all in a few hours! :D

4. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Hello!

Just curious to see if anyone's online right now. Idiot's Array was kind enough to send me an invite for the festivities tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm not sure at this point if I can make it or not for the Ren Faire, but I'd love to meet you guys before hand.

Mara_Jade_AZ
    Jundland Outpost/Dune Sea Garrison
    Rebel Legion/501st Legion

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey Mara_Jade_AZ, glad you could make it here. I hope you'll at least be able to make it to the Villiage Inn meeting tomorrow morning. If not I'll keep you up to date on the time and place of our next meeting. We're looking forward to getting together with the Rebel Legion. If you have any questions about the JC or FanForce in general, don't hesatate to contact me by email or Private Message, or kreleia by email or Private Message. Enjoy. :)

-> IA

6. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Hi! I can make it tomorrow but I'll have to jet by 8:30 since I have to get to my office by 9. Do I even need to ask, how will I know you guys? :)

MJA

7. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    We'll be the large group of geeks talking SW loudly. And I'll be the red head drinking large quantities of coffee. :)

8. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I think there will be a couple people in Renaissance costume (unfortunately, I won't. My cloak is still being worked on.) I'll be wearing a white Microsoft shirt and cargo pants and I'll have a black camera bag. Heck, I'll bring my fedora. That should be recognizable enough.

Going to bed. I'm a bit sick, so I need to get some sleep before tomorrow.

-> IA

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll be in garb tomorrow. A black doublet with vertical purple slashes and white shirt.

-Void

10. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    I look forward to seeing your garb Void. :)
    Anyway, I also need sleep, I think I breathed in something not friendly at work and I respond poorly enough to mornings as it is. :)

11. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    And... now that I've completely missed everyone (ah well, so it goes), I'll chime in with Void and let you know that I'll be in costume too. :) Not historically accurate by any means, but I whipped up a peasant blouse, tapestry belt and long skirt today/tonight. I'll top it off (so to speak) with my black cloak that Anwelei was sporting at the Debut party. ^.^ I'm excited.

IA, sick!? **sends the sleep angel and lots of NyQuil his direction** Hope you can still make it tomorrow!

Mara_Jade_AZ!!! WELCOME!!! Sorry I haven't gotten back to your e-mail yet. [face_blush] My mom's in town this week, and things got kinda sporadic for me (for being online). Yes, please feel free to ask me or IA ANY question at ANY time. I look forward to meeting you tomorrow (even if only for a half-hour)!!

OBEY WANN!! WOOOHOOO!! Initiation time... [face_devil] ;) Can hardly wait to meet you! I hope I'm semi-conscious tomorrow morning - I'm still kinda working on my costume, although it's just about finished. Still, I'm tired already... >.<

Anyhoo, remaining fabric is in the dryer, so I'd better get the serger thread changed and the velcro put in place on the belt.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW!!!! (And don't forget your tickets!!)
    kreleia ^.^

12. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Everybody have fun out there tommorrow!
    :-D

13. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Sorry I missed you guys! I've been sick all week and thought I was feeling better. So much for refusing to take antibiotics. We'll have to make arrangements to meet soon.

MJA

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey, it was great meeting you Obey Wann. I hope you had a good time in Phoenix and your interviews went well.

That's OK, Mara_Jade_AZ. We'll give you more notice on the next meeting.

I had a great time, everybody. I'm glad we had such a good turnout. Thanks to Quigon for taking so many pictures. I'll get mine downloaded tomorrow and sent off to Subjugator to put on the website.

kreleia, Void, Jupiter, Carenix, and Moe all had great looking costumes.

Hope you enjoyed your initiation to the Ren Faire, kreleia and to the Ded Bob Sho. ;) We'll have to do this again next year.

P.S. Click here

-> IA

15. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Imagine that, Mara Jade not wanting to follow a doctor's advice... ;)
    And yes, antibiotics are wonderfully useful things when you need them, not that I've spend any time studying them, or making bacteria that are resistant to them for that matter... :D

16. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    Folks,

Well now that the Renaissance Fair will never be the same, we must move on to our next target! :) I think it's safe to say a great time was had by all.

Obey Wann - It was great to meet you. I'll keep my eyes open and my ear to the ground for ya'.

KC

17. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    Made it to the festival. I was looking, but didn't see any of you. This was my first trip there and it was worth the drive. My friends 3 year old sun had a blast...even after I gave him a dollar and told him to give it to the water torture girl. haha...he didn't know what he was giving her the money for. When she squeezed a large sponge filled with water over his head, it made my day. The expression on his face was priceless. He absolutely loved it! Anyone who has never been to the Arizona Renaissance Festival should definately check it out. It is a very well organized event. Turkey legs, fried ice cream, bread bowls and Dragon Boogers!...Yeah!

got photos? post or send 'em over!

18. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Well not like doctor's know anything. I mean the only went to school for 8 years. :) I'm taking the meds now. Feeling better actually.
    When are you guys planning on meeting again?

MJA

19. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i had so much fun today. :D bill and eric (voiddancer and mobius? didn't ditch me even though i'm sure they wanted to, and i'm eternally grateful for that. :) thanks guys also for the roses. i've never gotten roses before, that was a treat. :D

i can't believe how much we did today, omg. i don't think i've had such a busy today in at least a year. there actually wasn't enough time to do everything i wanted to do (nor could my body handle it; 32 hours without sleep and counting, woohoo).

my only regret is that i didn't get to see the jousting, but there's always next time.

20. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Since I'm wide awake (gotta blame it on the fact that I slept most of the day) and can't get Ren out of my head...don't suppose anyone is crazy enough (or not broke enough) to go again tomorrow?

MJA

21. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    MJAZ, possibly... possibly tomorrow. But don't count on it. [face_laugh] I may end up just sleeping through tomorrow. I DO want to go back though... I gotta check out all those sweet jewelry and costume shops once and for all.

And see Ded Bob again, of course. [face_laugh] Too funny!! "SIT, Damn you!!"

Oh, what a blast!! Obey Wann, it was so cool to meet you this morning!! Your wife too! I have a feeling she and I would get along verrry nicely. [face_mischief]

Void, jupiter and Moe (get on the boards, dammit!) - you three looked INCREDIBLE walking around in all of your gear! SWEET!! I felt like such an amateur in my 10-hours-or-bust outfit (but it was still fun to wear!).

And, of course, a HUGE thanks to IA, sideshow, Jenn (the human radar), LJCarenix, KC (hope that doesn't bother you ^^;), Mick and Qui-Gon for showing me the ropes of the Ren Faire! I'm so bummed that we couldn't stay for the final joust!! :( Oh well, guess I'll watch it the next time I go... uh... tomorrow... yeah... something like that. **laugh** Maybe... ;)

And, for the record, yes, I'm sunburned. Bad. My arms, face and chest are a lovely shade of scarlet, and indeed I have a purse strap stripe. [face_blush] Won't that be a lovely tan line...

Ack! To bed I must go! Sleep I must have!

Laters!
    kreleia ^.^

22. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It was absolutely fantastic meeting each and every one of you. I will be honored to join your troop, as you are one of the most organized FF's I've seen, anywhere.

I see great things for your future.

It's making it a whole lot easier to know that we have a new group of friends here in PHX, and we haven't even moved here yet. :D

I'll see you all again soon. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.