main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok...Let's Take Things Down a Notch, Folks!

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by AxtonTredway, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Just a few observations and concerns from the co-chair as of late:

1. I don't want to see these threads degenerate into "dimestore romance novels".

2. There are plenty of couples in this group who have the decency of not using the boards as a virtual "hotel room".

3. I know that the content is somewhat restrained for younger viewers, but it may not be restrained enough. Content always appears less offensive to those participating in "online romance".

4. I know that roleplay may be a new experience to some, however, it is the protocol to NOT act on knowledge that your character would not know of.

5. A lot of the conflict stems from the fact that some people cannot separate "Player" from "character"...It's what gave D&D its nefarious reputation in the early 80's.

6. Most people are not interested in inter-species mating rituals.

7. A good way to gauge the appropriateness of content is to ask yourself: "Would this be acceptable if it were YOUR 11 year old son viewing this stuff?" We are not arbiters of morality on these boards but one must agree that some material should just be left out...just for the esthetic sense. Joking about sprinkles and bacon is one thing...And it doesn't distract much from the "Hardware "Wars" feel of Star Wars. Let's just keep everything "larger than life"! Let's keep it StarWars!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.