main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Ok lets try this again. Need holiday dates((( Toy Hill whos in or out )))

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok everyone I have been slite descusion with the store director at the Toys R Us on McCain in NLR. About us doing a toy drive for toy hill. I need to know by the end of the week who would be interested and what dates you are avlable. With the holidays coming up (and BJ's who knows whats wrong now and my heart surgary test thing) we dont have alot of time to get this done before toy hill.

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    When is toy hill? I will not be here Thanksgiving weekend, and I will be gone after December 20th for a month, but other than that I am free.

3. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I havnt found the date yet but thanks for the info.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be around, juz can only do it on a weekend. So any weekend will work for me :)

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    The only conflict we could have is some of us will be gone the weekend of the 11 and 12...including Kynstar?
    So, we wouldn't be available. Personally, and I know it would be a headache, but sometime during the Thanksgiving weekend would be good because of the amount of traffic....but part of me thinks that toy hill is thanksgiving weekend???Don't know, but even if it was that Saturday, we could collect toys early in day and then head over before they are done? DOn't know, I guess it really depends on the date of Toy Hill...

Just let me know what you need me to do.
    [face_cowboy]

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    What is Toy Hill and what are you doing on the 11th and 12th, Bacon? You know the Saga campout was postponed TIL SPRING, don't you?

I think I am fairly open, Henry. The weekend before and after Thanksgiving would be bad for me, and I can't do Sundays and beg therefore that it be a Saturday or a Friday night.

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    We know the Camp Out has been post poned ;) we're doing something else :D

Sat would be best *nod* cuz of church on Suns

8. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    OK a Saturday is sounding good. But we cant do this with just us few we need more. Also I talked to the Mgr of Game stop today is is the District events cord. for them they are also contected with Barnes and Noble. He saounded really interested about doing somthing for the release of a new Star Wars game Feb. 8th. Ill get more details later he also wanted to know if there was any books coming out son so we could get PR that way let me know all you book worms.

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    All righty now... book line up ahoy!

Nov

Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
    by James Luceno

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Labyrinth of Evil Omnibus
    (Combining both together RotS and LoE into one)
    by James Luceno and Matthew Stover

Star Wars: Complete Locations -- Inside the Worlds of Episode I to VI
    by DK

Dec

Dark Nest - The Swarm War
    by Troy Denning

Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
    by Stephn J Sansweet and Pablo Hidalgo

Star Wars Poster Book
    by Stephn J Sansweet and Peter Vilmur

Last of the Jedi #3 - Underworld
    by Jude Watson

Jan 06

Nothing as of yet....

Feb 06

Outbound Flight
    by Timothy Zahn

Mar 06

Republic Commando: Triple Zero
    by Karen Traviss

Apr 06

Nothing as of yet...

May 06

Coruscant Nights #1
    by Michael Reaves

Jun 06

Legacy of the Force #1 - Betrayal
    by Aaron Allston

The New Essential Guide to Droids
    by Daniel Wallace

Jul 06

Nothing as of yet...

Aug 06

Nothing as of yet...

Sep 06

Legacy of the Force #2
    by Karen Traviss

Oct 06

Untitled Hardcover
    by Drew Karpyshyn

Nov 06

Nothing as of yet...

Dec 06

Legacy of the Force #3
    by Troy Denning

I figured that'd be enough for now ;) to see what these books are all about...here's the link to the listing: Book Listing

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I think that toy hill might be Dec 3?
    Henry, check your PMs for the name of the guy at the Mororcycle place where I found the info on the daye.
    Later
    [face_cowboy]

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Denise said "Books ahoy." Why is this in this thread? :rolleyes:

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004

Because Henry asked for them that's why. And posting them here would be easier for him to notice since he asked the question in this thread.

13. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    let me know earlie enough and i will try to make it. yearbook is working me overtime. josh's basketball schedule starts monday.

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    What is toy hill?

Are we going to meet on Black Friday?

15. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I'm a full time student and my classes are in the evenings, so my best bet is week day business hours (although I'm probably the only one available then; just thought I'd mention it), and Nov. 12 is the only Saturday I'm not doing something before Thanksgiving. If it's in December, I'm out of state from the 11th till after New Year. Provided this happens on a date I have no prior committments, I would love to take part in this toy drive, or at least drop in, buy a toy, and leave it with one of you if it's on one of my busy Saturdays. Please let me know so I can see if I can work this out.

16. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hey boss! Do we have any more info yet?

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    not yet ive tried a few times to get ahold of a person with the Toy Hill project I thought seeing as its about tolate to organize a toy drive. I was going to ask him if we could help with Toy Hill like some kind of security or traffic cops because there will be alot of bikes there and alot of traffic.

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wouldn't bother me :) Jedi doing security ;) What else are we good for? [face_laugh]

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Whatever you decide will be fine with me.
    Just let me know what you need me to do.
    Later
    [face_cowboy]

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok this is for Jacob and anyone else who hasnt been in Arkansas in several years. In December one of the motorcycle bussiness along with radio and I think TV put on Toy Hill. It is mostly bikers but anyone is welcome to help out they have a huge bike run from all over the state each biker carries a new toy, they all meet in Little Rock and assemble a huge HILL of toys. Im trying to find out more details but have been unable to get ahold of them. It looks like the date is Dec 3rd.

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thank you for finally letting me in on that one. Sounds like fun. Can you guys get on your bikes in your armor?

It would be a good time to have a Quinlan Vos costume methinks...

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    A Voss costume, you say? Is this something you have in the works or something that you want to make for the future?

Dodge, check your PM's and get back with me on the December thing....

Later
    Bacon

23. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh that sounds like fun, and I don't believe I have any committments on the 3rd (except studying for upcoming finals that following week and packing for my month-long trip to California). What do you mean by bikes, motorcycles or just 10-speeds and mountain bikes? (and sorry, I don't have a costume to wear; the dress I wore to CIII barely fit me back then so I gave it to a friend who fit into it better). I'd very much like to know more about this, especially since I have the available time to go.

Lavenderrose73

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Seeing how we are not officailly working Toy Hill there is no set time or place to meet. It is at War Memorial park across from the stadium. We discussed being there from 11 am till 4pm no one has to stay that long and noone has to show up. I plan on being there between 9 & 10 find Bob Robbins or someone else incharge and let them know we will be there if they need us. Alot of you have my cell phone number or will be with someone who does you can call around 1030 or so as you get closer or later on that day to see if where still there. I also need a list of people who are planning on being there and if you will be in costume or not. If you are not sure about either also let me know. But this way if they ask how many I can tell them. Also about what time are you planning on arriveing. Thanks ahead to everyone.

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be there if it's a go :) In costume! :D I'll call you at 1030 then to see if it is a go or not. James (Ramon) has to work and doesn't get off work until 9pm so he won't be able to go to either Toy Hill or Jacob's place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.