main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW OK, not Star Wars but who here was not on the edge of their seat Tuesday night?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Prodigiousman, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    Australia WIN BY 2 WICKETS - Michael Bevan 102 not out to lead us to a memorable, vital and epic victory!

I don't care if you ain't sporty but if you were watching at all and didn't feel pride in being Australian when Andy Bichel hit the winning runs then I'm afraid you might need to file for a new citizenship - cause we true Aussies don't want YOU!

Ok maybe the moment is getting me carried away but I love Australia and I love cricket = heck in the immortal words of Jeff Fenech "I luvs you all!".

Seeya

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    There was a cricket game?

Meh...

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I'll second that Meh..

4. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Geez at 6 for 83 I went and hopped on the Net, then came back expecting the news and found out they were 8/240 needing 6 from 6.

What a game!!! :D

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ill see your Meh and raise u a "pfft"

6. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Quite an incredible performance by the Australians. Their form is horrendous, and it really was just Michael Bevan that got them out of jail once again.

I cordally invite you to discuss cricket here, seeing as it is a criminal offence to post something that isn't interesting to certain members.

7. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Oh, there's a joke in there somewhere...

But I'd probably get banned for it.

:)

8. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Stupid lousy Michael Bevan....

I stopped watching at 8pm. 4 for 60 odd, all over I thought.

Swtichted back at 10 and watched the best match in years played out.

Gratz on the Win Aussies, but don't think you have won yet... Kiwiland will prevail!

9. Carbz

Carbz Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    was a great game
    and to anyone who isnt interested... why post a reply?

10. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Once again, Bevan saves Australia from themselves

11. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    It was wicked. Bichel rocked. the commentators were like "what he needs to do is hit a single or a 3 and get Bevan at the strikers end." WHAT A JOKE! 12 runs off 3 balls.

And Shad, sux to be you!

12. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Gotta say, I am the farest thing from a sports fan, but even I watched the last couple of overs...

BTW, is this the attempt to see how a sports thread will do on the boards ??

13. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Could be, could be, to me it looks like an editorial thread where we complain about how crap everyone in the aussie cricket team is except for bevan, it it was a sport thread it'd be more akin to a gushers thread, but that's just me

14. Lach

Lach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm not very sporty myself, but cricket will always do it for me. Especially matches like this. I'm sure I wasn't the only one that was reminded of Bevan's victory a few years back. Last ball of the game, needed 4 to win.....

But this time it was Bichel that scored the runs. I'm sure Bevan was quite capable of hitting them too, but it's fantastic to see someone like Bichel finishing the match off.
    Full credit to Bevan though, he deserved every run of that century!

15. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

And yet, despite all he's done, Bevan still missed selection for the test team...

16. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    Is it true that the rotation method means that selectors take turns to toss the coin ??

17. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I can see the point of view, but one ODI game doesn't all of a sudden mean he's deserved a spot on a test tour. But his form in hte Pura Cup has been exceptional this year.

But I can't begrudge the selectors for picking Lehman. And a young bowler is a good idea too. But, a younger batsman might be a better idea considering the form of the batsmen this Summer.

18. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    I hear that we're running short of young talent, though.

And I have to stress that I hear. I don't really know anything about cricket and if my friends knew I was participating in a discussion about cricket they would have heart attacks. My only saving grace is that it is on an SW board.

19. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Well, there are options out there. There is a lack of young, young batsmen. But guys like the Waughs are 36 and Simon Katich isn't even 30 (I think). So at least you can mark time with him until some more youngster cuold come through.

20. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Just to clarify, my Meh was for the result.

I've seen a lot of other games that have been more exciting. Most games now days from the Aussies have been in one of two forms, walk all over them, or have Gilchrist or Bevan save the day. They recently have thrown in "lose abysmally" into the mix, but there isn't the excitement of watching all these great teams anymore.

21. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I agree, ever since the betting controversey came out, cricket has lost an edge.

22. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    CRICKET SUX! :p

23. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Why, Kate? it's an excuse for drinking beer. works for me. :p

24. Somebody_For_Someone

Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2001
    I love cricket - but i prefer playing it to watching it. yes that was a BLOODY GREAT GAME!!! towards the end it was, anyway.

25. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    I rather watch it then play it, generally. But that's because I'm unco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.