main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK, OK, maybe it's not only for kids.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Cid, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    When I first saw the Clone Wars movie someone said afterward that he was disappointed that there was no opening crawl. I hadn't thought about it until he said it, but I was glad that the Clone Wars opening was notably different from the movies. Visually and with the music (which I like very much - Star Wars, but distinctive).

The movies are animation and the movies are live action; I just like the distinction made between the two of them from the very beginning. And I like the little Jedi fortune cookies at the beginning. Is anyone collecting them? But I don't like the typeface they use for the Clone Wars - its a little to irregular on the edges for me.

And I'm a fan of pointless droid banter. That's just part of Star Wars for me.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ooh, neat observation- that's a great way to look at it.

As has already been pointed out- it's not referencing SST so much as both TCW and SST reference the same thing. Plus, if you think about it- the narration IS the dialogue that would be used in an opening scroll. It's just being said aloud. Instead of a 30's serial scroll, it's a 30's newsreel narration. The voice inflection is part of that newsreel style, thus they are similar and propagandistic.

Not to mention they'd be wasting 1-2 minutes of every episode that could otherwise be used for the story. TV as a medium has to hit the proper runtime, they don't have the same luxary as films.

Actually, it could be an actual newsreel- it's Admiral Yularen's voice, who will later be a member of an Imperial propaganda organization.

3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    If I were to make the show i would make it a Live Action show.

4. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Y'know, the Tartakofsky series worked pretty good without a slow opening scroll or a cheesy, LegoSW, opening monolog.

But more to the point of this thread?
    I'm still not that impressed with with show. That last episode (the one with the destruction of the Malevolence) was the best one by far and actually very entertaining, but mostly because it had very little Asohka or droids.
    It's going to need more than one good episode a season.

5. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    Well, i dunno. So far i've liked them all. Maybe it's because my expectations were slim to none (I didn't even so see the theatrical release for fear of disappointment).

6. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    So far Destroy Malevolence has been the wekaest episode for me, not really sure why, though I did still like it. Shadow of Malevolence is my favortie, that one felt the most like Star Wars to me, plus I loved the "Nah, He's just smilin' at ya" line.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That describes my situation too... I had reservations about the whole thing and I haven't seen the theatrical kick-off. But I'm really liking the TV series so far, even though I didn't expect to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.