main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok, Ok, Ok... I finally gave it a shot.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi Teacher, May 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Teacher

Jedi Teacher Jedi Youngling

May 26, 1999
    Some of you may notice that I have been gone from the boards for a long time. Well, I am back and I have one thing to say.

I am sorry for not giving the WoTC RPG a chance right from the beginning. It's great! I am presently running a campaign in the Rise of the Empire Era (17 years before Episode I to be exact) and both me and my players love it!

If you haven't given the new RPG a go, I suggest you do it! You won't be sorry.

2. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    Istill need to buy it. :(

anyone know of a place I can get it cheap?

3. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Padawan: Try Electronics Boutique.

I didn't get mine there, but they had it for like 20% off the cover price (or more) and then one of the local gaming stores price matched.

I ended up getting it for $42 after tax (Canadian) When it retails for $53.95 (before tax, Canadian.. 15% tax. Yummy)

Also try online book stores, some might have a discount.

Amy

4. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Jedi Teacher--I haven't actually given the SW rules a chance, but I've played 3rd edition D&D--the rules are supposedly similar. Have you played both? Because I could not stand the 3rd ed rules, and I'm loath to waste money if the Star Wars rules are as bad.

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    I have played WOTC star wars RPG and I have seen D & D 3rd ed. They are VERY similar.

6. Laughing_Manyskins

Laughing_Manyskins Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    The rules are the same with a little bit of tweaking, I just wish they had the Psionic rules in there hands before they put out Star Wars. I think the Jedi would have benifited from them.

If you are ambitious you might want to swap out the rules and it will improve them alot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.