main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ok people..the smoking Gun...your take on Gun control...

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by darthmomm, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    You can be a Jedi in spirit, even if you don't have force powers. Look at Buddhists, or Samurais. They have no need for guns.

2. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    At least im allowed to have a gun under the present administration. There is a huge liberal movement afoot to try and destory the second amendment without actually striking it from the Constitution. NJ has already done this. It is almost impossible to get a permit in NJ because you need to show need.

Say your an investigator that needs a gun. So you get a permit because you need it for your job. If your not on duty, you cant have it with you.

NJ gun laws are so insane that if your going to a shooting range, you must go there directly from your house. I knew someone who got into trouble with the police because he stopped at a resturaunt on the way to a gun range. The police went nutty because he wasnt going there... RIDICULOUS!

In addtion, it is absurd that we live in a country where a person has to show need to own a gun. Its called the second amendment, you cant just "interpret" it any way you want. It says in black and white that a citizen is allowed to have firearms, so there. If the government issued a ban on TV, saying you needed to show a need for it would you be angry then? Of course, and the situation is the same. A person shouldnt have to show a need for a TV (which no one needs,it is a want). The same goes for a gun, whatevere happened to America, land of the free, land of being able to do what YOU WANT.

3. StarFire

StarFire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    Read my signature in context of the Second Amendment. That's all I have to say about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.