San A, TX OK SAFF - IT'S TIME TO STEP UP

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by tre_si_san, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordsinner Jedi Knight

star 1
    We could still use alot of help in the Red Cross shelters around town. A new shelter was just set up this evening and will be taking on people within several minutes. The location is Winsor Park Mall out Walzem road. Anyone who has a little free time, "i.e. Monday, Sunday, any other time" they need more people to sign up at the Red Cross on East Houston street. 10 people in a shelter of 2800 refugees isn't a good thing. They also need medical personell out the wazzoo. Anyone and everyone can help out.

Sin
  2. DarthDan1 Jedi Knight

Hi guys... Sorry I havnt been around much lately.. but being IM a student teacher now at John Jay High School its kinda hectic. Especially working in the band being we have marching band rehearsals 3 nights a week and I also have a night class so its all coming to an end. As far as the Katrina relief goes the John Jay band just got back from playing for alot of the families at the Levi Building on HWY 90. It went very well and the people loved having some live entertainment. I felt very good to have been a part of this small event which boosted the moral of several people who are having hard times... THis is what the power of music can do and this reinforces my decision to pursue this line of work. I was also wondering if we as a group might want to volunteer to help out the red cross. THey are only covered on volunteers until th 18th of September then they have to start scrambling. Also maybe we can do a costume appearance and hand out stuff to the real victims of the crisis.. the kids... It breaks my heart to think alot of them had to go through what they did and did not have any toys or items to remember the way things were.. Just some ideas. Let me know if we get something together.

DarthDan
  3. Darth-Hulk Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice Dan! A music teacher at John Jay? That's my old high school! Class of 1993. Brings me back...

As far as volunteering I think that would be real cool.
  4. Sith_Mistress Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think that's a great idea, Dan. We'll discuss some of these activities at our meeting on Sept. 17, and hopefully, we'll have some plans that we will be able to post up here on the boards. I commend all of you who have already done so much hard work for this cause. Great work!

Lisa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.