main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok, seriously, who is calling in sick or taking the day off?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by k3po, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew138

Matthew138 Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2004
    I have the 20th off, so I will be attempting to grab up my copy at midnight on the 21st.

2. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I get off work at 7:00 am then I will take my 9 year old
    to school at 8:45 and get my butt to best buy 9:45 get the DVD,GAME AND SOUNDTRACK,get home 10:15 put dvd on
    and be in TOTAL STAR WARS BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :eek: [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_dancing]

3. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Jedi Master star 2

May 18, 2004
    "Potty break?" "POTTY BREAK?!" Havent' you ever heard of Depends? friggin rookies.

4. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
    Don't forget the ever popular "beer bottle right after you've taken the last swig".You just have to be careful that you're not drunk enough to accidentally knock it over afterwards.I've noticed that urine soaked carpets are usually a big turn-off for a lot of people.

5. PhotoGuitarist

PhotoGuitarist Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I have to work 6am to 3pm on mon & tues.
    So at 11:00pm on Monday night I will be at Wal-mart Were they are open 24/7. When that hour passes onto midnight. they will be bringing them out. I already have my money set aside for it. The bad part of this is, is that I have to get up around 4:45am to go to work by 6:00am on tues. So I won't get much sleep that night.

6. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    Well I guess I can't stay home from school on the 21. :( So that weekend I willl have to watch them. Great plan though!

7. Darth_Sanchez22

Darth_Sanchez22 Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2004
    I actually work at best buy and we have them already but are not allowed to buy them till tuesday and it's absolutely torturing seeing them but not being able to get them, but I have wednesday off for Star Wars heaven

8. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I wont be able to call in sick Tuesday unless I say that I have food posioning or something like that and even then my wife is ordering them for me at work so it would be a lost day anyway. So I might have to have a plan B

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    k3po, you are a master of leisure arts.

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I have an exam on Tuesday, so no. :( I will buy and watch them right after I'm done with it though. :D

11. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I'm getting them off Amazon, so I'll wait until they get here (hopefully on Tuesday or Thursday because I only have one class).

And like that...he's gone.

12. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I wish I would get it on Tuesday. But I have the free, slow shipping for Amazon.

13. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Well, Here in the UK, the DVDs will be on sale in only about 7 hours time!!!

We here will have a GOLD special edition box in some places rather than the standard silver!!

Woo Hooo

Not long now!!!!!!!

14. wookeemewang

wookeemewang Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Just make sure it ain't full frame dude, or I'd be pissed... but that's awesome...

15. THeMPIRE

THeMPIRE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    See I have this great thing going for me where my school has the day off on Tuesday. So a bunch of my friends and I are driving up to get the DVD and watching all 3 movies in a row. Its gona be tight.

16. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Guys, what's a day off?

17. musicevangelist

musicevangelist Jedi Master star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    I won't be taking the day off, but seriously want to. I have not been in my new job long enough to have accrued any sick leave. However, each evening this week will be taken up with massive amounts of Star Wars. [face_dancing]

18. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Well, my new job doesn't start until NEXT Monday, so I have all week to get myself reaqauinted with Star Wars. 7 days of nothing to do but watch the OT...Yeah, baby. You know you want my life! :)

19. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I may have an "I" problem..... I can't see going to work.

20. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Re my earlier post about the Gold Box set, read this dudes from HMV.

This limited edition Gold Sleeve version of the Star Wars DVD Box Sets features all 3 films in glorious Widescreen. Unlike the USA, who have the Gold box as the pan and scan versions we know you wanted to see the films the way they were meant to be seen, in full 2.35:1 widescreen, so we came up with this limited edition HMV exclusive version just for you. So there you go, it's Star Wars on DVD at last, it's full-on widescreen, and it's got a cool limited edition Gold sleeve, what else could you possibly want?

Seems to me that the UK are getting a better deal!!!

Only £29.99 as well!!

21. jaw62901

jaw62901 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    I am taking off of work May 18th, 2005 for the midnight showing of ROTS, but since I have already seen the OT about 100 times, I am going to work and if I don't have time to watch it before (getting it at midnight, I am sure with 1000 other people on 9/21), I will watch it after work.

Jason

22. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Well, the waether here in Dener is supposted to be cold, cloudy and rainy. Sounds like we will making a fire as well. =)

23. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm lucky b/c I have NOTHING to do that day! I'm a part time student, and I have classes Wed and Thurs! So I'll be doing nothing but watching SW all day! :D

24. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I will be off the whole day. I cannot wait!

Been listening to my Soundtracks for the past couple weeks getting excited about it. Also I only have $14 left to pay on my Battlefront game which I will also be picking up Tuesday with my exclusive Scout Trooper figure. WOO HOO!!!!!!

I am so stoked!!!!

25. Obi-Shawn-Kenobi

Obi-Shawn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    Still going in to work on Tuesday, but I will be leaving ASAP to pick up our set. And since I don't work until in the early afternoon on Wednesday, my wife and I will be up most of the night watching us some Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.