main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ok, so let's hear it. How was the film?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wormie2, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomentOfTriumph

MomentOfTriumph Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
  2. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    //phew

After reading all of that...

I LOVED IT! As many of you found out due to the amount of text messages I sent after it (and before it in the queue, and in the cinema...etc) LOL

Although...because I read the book beforehand, I thought it was a bit disjointed. I felt it was just a jumble of scenes put together.

I am pissed that some of the scenes that Mayhem mentioned:

Announcement of Padme's death in the Senate
    Obi's analysis of the dart in the Archives
    THAT headbutt of course
    Padme's diplomatic talk with Dooku
    Padme/Obi/Anakin's trial on Geonosis

...were missed out. And some others (the Tuscan bit at the beginning and more of the Lars.

The love scenes...hmmmm...were ok. I wouldnt have gone near him after he threw a berky in the garage after killing the Tuscans...what a feckin psycho. Good for the movie, though...not good for the start of a relationship.

On second viewing (a mere 9 hours after getting home from Plymouth @ 3:30 in the morning)...all off the above didn't matter any more and I loved it for what it was...

...a darn good SW movie with everything I loved from the OT: wooden acting, corny lines, a splash of romance, excellent fights, yoda //sigh

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    And some others (the Tuscan bit at the beginning and more of the Lars.

Were the Tusken and Lars bits even filmed? I remember from the TPM novel that there was a whole prologue with Anakin that was never filmed either.

4. Poodu

Poodu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 1999
    I think them scenes wouldn't have added much to the film in all though, apart from the headbutt. Though it only lasts a second and if you didn't know it was originally there, then there's not a lot to miss.

Announcement of Padme's death in the Senate

I don't think this would have added anything but time to the movie in all.

Obi's analysis of the dart in the Archives

He found out what the dart was by asking his cook friend in the cafe place, so no need to add more of this.

Padme's diplomatic talk with Dooku

Don't know about that one, but I can't imagine it being much use to the plot other than making Padme's role a bit more diverse.

Padme/Obi/Anakin's trial on Geonosis

That's a superfluous scene as well. They've caught them, they don't want them alive, they'll kill them. Why give them a trial? It's pointless. Nute Gunray wants Padme dead. Dooku wants the Jedi dead.

5. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Hmph

Poodu eats jam and cheese sandwiches

6. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Teh film wa3 wi3k3d and rul3d d04ze

7. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    lol @ Cass!

8. MomentOfTriumph

MomentOfTriumph Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    its true, he does, ive seen it with me own eyes

9. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    They is nice! Second only to ham and cheese!

10. cylob49OLDHAM

cylob49OLDHAM Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    Well i felt kinda numb on my way out of the cinema,am i getting old? i thought. But after another viewing in the company of two nephews i think it was a goodie..just a few quibbles....lots of good stuff didnt make the cut.I thought after darth mauls 5? scenes in Phantom jango would get a lot of screen time...not the case.The stunt work and cg stuff with Dooku/ didnt mix so good...Watto looked less impressive than in phantom and there was too much rehashed music from episode 1 and the tusken slaughter scene cut away TOO quick.
    On the plus side Hayden was excellent,the confession to padme after the tusken scene will probably be one of the top moments in sw.The attack of the clones,Yoda,maces approach to the arena,boba and his future headware.....the list goes on.Did anybody notice Vaders shadow on the lars homestead as he embraced Padme?

11. Tanktopgirl

Tanktopgirl Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2001
    Jam and cheese sarnies are gorgeous, especially strawberry jam and Danish Blue.

Really. Or jam on toast and a hunk of cheese.

I could eat that right now.

12. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    TTG, I love you!

13. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    LOL

We are now, officially, the Anti Peanut Butter, More Jam And Cheese Sandwiches, Death To All Celery Coalition

14. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    lol!! I inadvertantly managed to eat a piece of celery in what was a rather well camoflaged state in a salad the other day.. I was most upset.

15. Tanktopgirl

Oct 25, 2001
    Upset? My god, I'm mortified on your behalf, sir.

What feckless blaggard dared to make your salad into a celery surprise?

It's an outrage.

Mind you, celery is evil. It quite possibly climbed into your salad of its own accord just to upset you.

16. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I think that's entirely likely... you see.. the first I knew of it was two tendrils of it's stringy evilness poking out from beneath a piece of lettuce. I thought no more of it until, upon mastication, the bitter taste of celery hit my tastebuds... blergh...

17. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    SAM! you ate lettuce!

18. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Why the shock?!

19. MOTs_Minx

Oct 26, 2000
    Was it the salad I made? If so...there was no celery in it. It might have been spring onion.

20. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    Nah. Was a couple weeks ago, Cass. The memory still haunts me

21. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    this is my final word on the whole debate-are you all ******** nuts?!
    AOTC was a piece of **** filmmaking.
    watch ROMEO AND JULIET,WILLOW,RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK,THE MASK OF ZORRO,A LIFE LESS ORDINARY and ALIENS...and THE HOLY TRILOGY.
    re-think your opinion.

22. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    look right I have just about had enough with your attitude fair enough you don't like AOTC but you don't nee to be bloody rude to everyone else not everyone as the same taste I dont like ROMEO AND JULIET and THE MASK OF ZORRO but I am not going to call you names over it , as my gran used to say if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all

23. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    And thats just, like, your opinion man

24. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    I personally belive that you should be shot for rating A Life Less ordinary above AotC!

25. Poodu

Dec 3, 1999
    I was going to suggest the same thing Andy, but added Willow to the comment. However, I know that most of you in here, for some unfathomable reason, love Willow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.