main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ok, the Fox fanfare? Necessary or not now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. spoooooky

spoooooky Jedi Master

May 2, 2000
    How many threads do we need about this?

And also, really? that 3 bars of music is going to change what you feel about the movie? No wonder George walked away...

Padme501st and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  2. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I'm actually really surprised at how much of a big deal everybody's making out of it... I mean, it's just the studio logo, guys - it's not even part of the actual movie.

Padme501st and DarthRelaxus like this.
  3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Didn't Disney recently bring their Touchstone brand back out of retirement in a deal with Dreamworks? According to wikipedia Disney signed a 30 picture deal that became effective from last year. So wouldn't Star Wars potentially fall under that part of the Disney empire?

It's not the fox fanfare, but it's not the Disney castle either.

4. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    It really doesn't matter.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Touchstone is traditionally used for films outside of what people think of as "Disney". However, given that they use Star Wars in the Disney theme parks, I think they'll want to reinforce that connection by using the castle logo and Disney brand.

yodasbum likes this.
  6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think we'll learn to live without it. Those of us who are capable of accepting change, anyway. There's one question this brings up for me, however. In 2020 the rights to the first six films with the exception of ANH will revert to Disney as well. No doubt a deal will be made with Fox to release all the films in one box set, but then will they all still have the Fox logo, will none of them have it, or will only ANH have it? I kind of hope that none of them will for the sake of consistency, but could they even legally leave it off of ANH?

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I highly doubt we'll see the Disney logo in front. If they didn't do it for Avengers, I doubt they'd do it for a series that already has history attached to its iconic openings. It'll just be Lucasfilm and that's all. I wouldn't mind a Lucasfilm fanfare of some kind.

BigAl6ft6 and Padme501st like this.
  8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    yeah as much as i love the fox logo, everytime i see a movie from them i think "Oh boy, I'm seeing star wars...oh wait never mind" truthfully we're going to be so engrossed by the fact that we're seeing a STAR WARS movie that the fox logo won't even matter when we see those words "A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy, far, far away."

Padme501st likes this.
  9. Teasser38

Teasser38 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    Lots of threads about this:
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...t-the-beginning.50005742/page-3#post-50156958

Disney hasn't had a chance to put it's name in front of a Marvel movie yet because all the movies thus far were tied up with different distribution companies. It looks like the upcoming Thor movie will have a Sleeping Beauty's Castle intro.

Disney has done a lot of different stuff with their intros.

10. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's Fox's identity.
    People ultimately won't mind. This is all completely new territory for STAR WARS and even the most average moviegoer should be familiar of this ownership change, but if people don't like it, they will add the mere presence of a Disney name or lack of a 20th Century Fox opener to their list of complaints.
    Jeez the theater crowd of fans is going to be tense about everything in the film as if they can't accept anything but TESB or Timothy Zahn. As much as I'd like to go, I just might skip a midnight showing.
    Kind of off-topic, but I get annoyed by seeing so many animated studio and production company logos before films now.

11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the fanfare too, but I'm sure we'll get over it...

12. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I agree. I touched upon the fanfare (and other little things) in my post The Little Nuances that make a Star Wars Film.

Even though it's 3720 to 1 it will happen, I hope it somehow makes it in. I hope the castle isn't in the beginning :(

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am rather irritated that the Fox Fanfare almost certainly isn't going to be there, but then again I am actually far more worried about what the ST is going to be about.

14. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I got used to it after the Clone Wars film had the WB logo. That was just beyond strange.

15. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Not necessary in the least. Disney will likely create a new logo to be used with the series that might be even cooler.

Artoo-Dion and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  16. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    To quote Palpatine: Just let it go... let it go.

17. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Absolute craziness!!! The Fox fanfare???

Stop the world, I'm getting off!!!

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    The distribution rights to Marvel movies are a complex affair but they will all come under Disney control eventually.

So Disney spends $4 billion buying Lucasfilm and you think they'll want to release it with the logo of another movie studio for absolutely no reason at all?

19. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Hmm... I wonder if they extended When You Wish Upon a Star through the Lucasfilm logo like the Fox fanfare extension did (the "...Fate is kind; she brings to those who love, the sweet fulfillment of their secret longing..." bridge to take the place of the extension, perhaps?). Actually, the notes of that extension wouldn't really jar and the end of that bit of the song could easily jump right into the Star Wars Main Titles.

It would also be really unique if you could have John Williams arrange it so that the Disney fanfare blends seamlessly with the same style of orchestration (which he also did for the Fox fanfare--I actually read somewhere that the Star Wars Main Titles was purposefully written in B♭, the same key as the fanfare). Perhaps one could put the Disney fanfare into B♭? The original Pinocchio orchestration appears to be in the key of C Major.

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    As much as I'd love for it to be it won't. As far as we know 20th Century Fox has nothing to do with the ST.

21. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    Will the Disney music they use for opening their movies now be known as "When I wish upon a Star Wars"?

Vid_The_Impaler likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "What do you mean that a company won't randomly, irrationally use the beloved logo of another, rival company....?"
    [​IMG]

ThatWanFromStewjon and krtmd like this.
  23. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I don't think it'll be there, but I'm sure somebody will rip the DVD - when it comes out - and insert the 20th Century Fox fanfare.

24. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Quite liked that.

25. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Does the fanfare make the movies great? No. Sure they are a part of the movies we've gotten used to, but in the long run it will not make a difference in the actual movie.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.