main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Ok, the Fox fanfare? Necessary or not now?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by budspencer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I can't believe this hasn't been locked yet...

2. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    No way will there be a fox fanfare. It sucks but its a small complaint. Hell, I used to think that the fanfare was EXCLUSIVE to sw when I was a wee brat!

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Wh
    Where's a fan made one of this with a temple or something?

4. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Thanks for putting it, so well, into perspective. :)

I'll miss it. But I will move on.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same here. At least we will still get the nostalgic "In case of an emergency, this theater has exits located in..."

6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    growing up i always liked the THX logo popping up and then it breaking down and that little repair coming around and making repairs all over the place. it was cool

7. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Ha!!! Fox is no rival for Disney.

Fox is just Disney's half-wit neighbour that seems to enjoy killing small anima... er, creative ideas!!!

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Yep. Good riddance I say. Now if only Cameron could get Avatar away from them, maybe they'd languish and take their... aw hell I don't want to get political here, but I do wonder if that could have been a factor in Lucas not wanting Star Wars to continue its association with that company.

9. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Ig
    I can never understand why so many people bring movie and TV projects to Fox. All Fox want to do is kill every show they get.

I hope get back the rights to the Fantastic 4 and Daredevil.

LawJedi likes this.
  10. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Seriously. Like, how many times has Joss Whedon been burned by Fox now?

11. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well Marvel already got back Daredevil just based on dates passing. Hopefully Fantastic Four is next!

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    lol at this thread.

13. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Yeah, I could never understand why he kept going back.

Could it be he was stuck in a contract and deliberately gave Fox shows he knew they wouldn't keep on air?

14. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Cool - I missed that news. Thanks, Law. ;)

Know if Marvel would just green light The Incredible Hulk 2 :p

15. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I have an image in my head of a pan across coruscant with the twin suns music playing, gets to a disney castle and a few tie fighters howl overhead then fade to the lucasfilm logo. That would work for me.

16. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    THX Logo followed by LucasFilm Logo followed by Star Wars intro theme music.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll pass on the THX, I'm more excited for Dolby Atmos.

18. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I doubt politics had anything to do with it. Fox News and Fox Entertainment are two different entities. For example, the creator of "Family Guy" is a very liberal guy, but his show airs on Fox. Fox News does have a number of show hosts who lean right, but to be fair, they interview A LOT of people with liberal views.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Without Fox, no one here would probably know what Star Wars is since it wouldn't have been released. :p

20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Yeah I know they're different entities, but they're still affiliated. Fox's primary agenda is making money, and they have no problem doing that on any end of the political spectrum. I was only wondering aloud whether not wanting to be a part of that association could have possibly been a factor in Lucas's decision, but I highly doubt that's the case as well anyway.

21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Without that fanfare, I will probably not care at all. Not give a rat's ass. It's a studio fanfare. It's been on tons of films, full-form, not just SW. Must we really endure thread upon thread of "What about the Fox Fanfare?"

The BIG thing is the theme music. That must never change. I'd prefer no studio intro music. Just silence. Logos, logos, logos, then "In a galaxy far, far away" jazz...and BOOM!

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  22. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah, that would work.

23. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    The fact is we are not gonna get the fox fanfare.I do hope and believe Disney will create a new logo and fanfare for just the SW Movies.Fingers crossed.

24. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Its not that serious & its just not needed, Disney paid 4 Bil, let Disney brand this new trilogy under their banner, after all they did cut the check. These new next generation films don't need anything from the older 6 under Fox. New day, new banner

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Disney is their own brand, they have their own movie introductions & banners, they don't need to do anything from the Fox catalog. They don't need the fanfare, they don't need the crawl, they don't even need the same music. It could be all new & many of it will be all new & the new next generation of fans will still love it. Star Wars just prints money. The New Disney films should do their own thing with the brand, that is why they paid so much.