main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA OK Tues. Thurs., and Sun. is out ...First Meeting Wed. Aug. 25th at 7pm!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Hi Everybody!

If we're actually going to get a group going, we should see about having an honest to goodness (or badness, whichever your prefference) meeting.

So far, we have two people who have minor schedule limitations. Anyone else?

And then there's the question of where. Definitely within the Spokane city limits. Sorry to everyone else, but if we're going to start a Spokane FF, we should probably keep it in Spokane. Though the idea of a nomadic FanForce does have it's appeal..... :)

Anyway, wherever we wind up meeting, the first round of appetizers/pizza/whatever(depending on where we're at) is on me.

As far as topics for the meeting, we can definitely go with a meet and greet type of thing. And if we run out of steam from talking about ourselves, we might even be able to check out some of those logo ideas that Nat has come up with.

Let's just do this.

Alfredo

Edit: Changed title of thread to reflect meeting date of first meeting - MJF

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays are out.....
    Those are the days that I'm pretty much out on too. Those and the occasional Monday.

Look at logos I've made... I better get back to that this weekend then :D Fun stuff!

*Looks at calendar.* Randomly points to a date. How about next Wednesday (the 25th I believe) at a pizza place at say 6:30pm. Just a thought.

3. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    You know, I probably should have mentioned my scheduling difficulties when I started this thread.

Fridays and Saturdays are always impossible for me. I'll usually be out drinking and dancing, all the while looking to find my next ex-girlfriend.

*ahem* Pardon the pessimism. It was a long day.

Anyway, getting back to the subject, next Wednesday works fine for me. Which pizza parlor? And can we possibly make it around 7ish? That would give me time to get in a shower beforehand, and as hard as I work, you'll all thank me for it!

Anyone else? Agreements? Conflicts?

And Nat, better get cracking on those logos/icons! By the way, I loved that one prototype that you posted. Very cool.

By the way, if we do this meeting on Wednesday, are we supposed to post/report it to some one? Who would that some one be? And who's the some one who's going to post/report to that some one?

4. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ok, so we have a tentative date, and maybe a time, the location is the only variable left!

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Anyway, getting back to the subject, next Wednesday works fine for me. Which pizza parlor? And can we possibly make it around 7ish? That would give me time to get in a shower beforehand, and as hard as I work, you'll all thank me for it!

Anyone else? Agreements? Conflicts?

7 works for me. It means that I can change out of my camp clothes :p. How about Pizza Hut?

And Nat, better get cracking on those logos/icons! By the way, I loved that one prototype that you posted. Very cool.

I will. It will be my fun project this weekend.

By the way, if we do this meeting on Wednesday, are we supposed to post/report it to some one? Who would that some one be? And who's the some one who's going to post/report to that some one?

1- You need at least 3 members who do not reside in the same household.

2- You need to have 3 meetings

3- All three meetings need to be advertised on the main page of fanforce in order to count towards you becomming official. You need to give me advance notice of the DATE of your meetings/events, the TIME of your meetings, the LOCATION including DIRECTIONS to the meeting, and a brief synopsis of what you plan to do at the meeting.

~ Linda ( Mara_Jade_Fan )

So we need to PM Linda with the info. I can do that as long as we can get this set.

6. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Where is this Pizza Hut located?

7. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    OK, I'm definitely in. And it sounds like Eledaia is too. Nat, you make three. How about everyone else? I'm buying the pizza, I'd just like to know beforehand how much I can expect to be getting.

And, where is this particular Pizza Hut? And don't say that it's the one on the left side of town.....

And Nat, it sounds like you're all set to handle the fine details. I'd say that it should be posted no later than Monday. What do you think?

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Now is it my left looking North, South, East or West? And how can I be sure that it is not my other left? :p

To answer both of your questions: How about the Pizza Hut on division?

6022 N Division St

Here is a link to the map quest directions (It is too long to direct link, so you need to copy/paste).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=6022%20N%20Division%20St&city=Spokane&state=WA&zipcode=99208%2d1028&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/phd.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/EarwenLightrider/phd2.jpg]

If you both could confirm this I will get all the info to Linda asap.

I'm looking forward to this! I'm also going to try and convince a fellow Star Wars fan to come along. I talk to him tomorrow. So that might make 4 of us :)

9. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Obviously, it's on your other left. :)

Like I said, I am definitely in. And (assuming my truck doesn't get stolen again) the location is just fine for me. I'll be there. 7pm.

I also PM'ed FIG and LOTT, as well as three other people that I rememberred had been in the area. Trouble is, none of them have been on the Net for at least a couple of days. If Eledaia can confirm, it looks like it might just be the three of us. Not the grandest beginning, but it is a start.

I'm off to check a couple of other Threads and see if I can dig up anyone else who might be in the area.

10. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Unfortunately, Sandpoint to Spokane is too far for someone without a car...

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Sorry to hear that Marbe. Maybe we can try to plan a future event that we can get you to :).

My friend is still undecided. So we may end up with four.

I sent Linda the required info, so she should be getting it up (if she hasn't already).

12. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I am Opening a show this week... It is Impossible for me to attend.

I will meet at a later date though, this week is simply out of the question...

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have posted the information for the meeting on the fanforce main page, and in the scrolling marquee as you can see above. Good luck on your first meeting! At least 3 people need to attend so that the meeting will be official. :)

14. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!

A THEATRE PERSON PASSING UP FREE FOOD?!?!

Let me guess, you're one of Nicky's friends, right?

And, if this show you spoke of happens to be at SFCC, you're a student of the great Bill Marlow. Correct? If so, I think he's something of a sci-fi (possibly even Star Wars) fan. You might want to mention this little group to him. It would be kind of cool to have a college proffessor as a FanForce member. Especially a very talented proffessional costumer like Bill.

Hm. Possibilities..... :)

Again, YOU'RE PASSING UP FREE FOOD?!?!!

15. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Hey Lott, I had a thought. (aw crud, I'm rhyming again)

There's no rule (yet) that says you have to show up to the meeting promptly at 7pm. Or that you have to stay for any more than five minutes, or so.

My thought is, you show up when you're able, stay long enough to say, "Hi, my name is Jeremy. Remember my face well, for you shall see it every night in your nightmares," and then you leave with a flourish. And a couple of pieces of pizza. I think that's enough to count for attendance.

I'm planning to remain there untill at least 10pm. Maybe later if the conversation hasn't died down too much.

So, what do you say?

16. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    I'll be there, and I might be bringing my sister too. Don't worry about extra people showing up and buying them pizza. We can pay for ourselves just fine! I don't have a definite on my sister, but when we are both home, we do everything together, so I can't see her passing this up. She is a Star Wars fan too, but I'm the bigger fan, literally and figuratively.

Oh, I've been doing some digging too. I found a yahoo group for Spokane SW fans and posted a note about our group/meeting. I advertised the free pizza, but told them to RSVP here. I don't know that this will bring anybody, but JediLos posts on the boards here sometimes and he is the head of that yahoo group. He might get this info in time, so we'll see.

17. SLAVEMASTER

SLAVEMASTER Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2004
    I dont know if I will beable to make it to the meeting because I dont know if I can get a ride so my atendance is tentive at best. OH, and thank you for the PM about the meeting ELEDAIA

18. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Eledaia, good work with the Yahoo group! And thanks for adding the RSVP. Probably a really good idea. And no worries about my buying the pizzas. I said that I would. And it's not like I'm going to be buying a whole pizza for every individual. Now, THAT would be expensive..... :)

It's funny, JediLos is on my watched people list, I just couldn't remember why. *sound of hand slapping forehead* It's because he/she is local! Now if only he/she would have left a personal email address in his/her profile. I used that method to try contacting some people who haven't been online for some time. It would be handy if more people would put that sort of thing in their profiles. (hint-hint)

By the way, SLAVEMASTER, I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that I hope you are able to make it to the meeting.

There's nothing that says we have to keep this particular Pizza Hut as our permanent meeting place. Who knows, if too many poeple don't have transportation, and are located close enough to each other, we could always move later meetings to closer locations.

Just a thought.....

19. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    No Problem, Slavemaster, if I were more on the ball, I would have let you know sooner!

Raph, in the "Spokane" thread on the Seattle board, JediLos includes a link to his website. There should be an address there, if it is still valid. I just hope he checks the emails from the yahoo group.

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Awesome. The invite went through (I'm a member of that yahoo group) so we may end up with some more faces there :D

21. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Sorry, Show runs from 7:30-10... I'm The Stage Manager so I am there From 1pm till 11pm at leat tommorow.

I Did Study under Bill Marlowe...

I am Working at the Moment For Michael Weaver and Grant Smith.

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    The first meeting went great. Nice meet and greet and chatting. Next meeting is probably going to be September 15. Another Wednesday and before the DVD release. Please let us know if you have conflicts for that date. Thanks!

23. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Ok guys, I have a basic template up for our website, until I find the time to do something better, but we have our website up and a pic from our first meeting!

http://www.dathomir.com/fanforce/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.