main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Ok...Who's going to help me get a FF Chapter started in BC?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    The Vancouver area has one of the larges groups of people available for a FF Chapter, yet no one seems willing to take the first step.
    I've compiled a list of names and even grouped them up into possible Chapter candidates.
    Who is willing to get together to go to a movie?
    British Columbia
    Vancouver Area
    _5_1_5_0_ = Steve, 21, Vancouver
    2ndSauron = name unknown, 20, Chilliwack
    AdeptusAstartes = Howard, 28, Richmond
    Cable = Nathan Summers, 20, Surrey
    Cloud_Cover = Aaron Franzen, 17, Richmond
    Darth Canuck = Andrew, 27, Vancouver
    Darth Pikachuwbacca = name unknown, 19, Vancouver
    darth_Atika = name unknown, 18, Richmond
    Darth-Diggler = name unknown, 27, Richmond
    DarthHamSup = name unknown, 25, Richmond
    death_blooms = name unknown, 18, Vancouver
    dexters = Dexter Sy, 20, Coquitlam
    fasteddie = name unknown, 25, Surrey
    FBJK_Pretender = name unknown, 23, Maple Ridge
    Fleet Admiral = Leo Siu, 22, Vancouver
    Fraggle = Kate, 24, Langley
    Gold-Leader = name unknown, 29, Burnaby
    Gungan_Lover = Nathan, 21, Surrey
    jade_angel = Christine, 15, Vancouver
    kensho = name unknown, age unknown, Vancouver
    Kyle_Katarn = name unknown, 17, Richmond
    Missninfan = Missy, 20, Vancouver
    Peej = name unknown, 26, Richmond
    Saber_lite = Roy, 30, Surrey
    SERGE07 = name unknown, 28, New Westminster
    Traders_Luck = Thomas, 16, Richmond

Victoria Area
    _Derisa_Ollamhin_ = Briana Kassia, 31, Victoria
    FltO_Cory_Dekker = Cory Dekker, 31, Victoria
    Lightsaber11 = Nolan, 19, Victoria
    Qui-Dawn = name unknown, age unknown, Victoria
    Rani Veko = Veronica Heiden, 31, Victoria

Kelowna Area
    Admiral_Thrawn60 = Chris, 17, Kelowna
    Traan-Lakel = Traan Lakel, 15, Kelowna

Campbell River Area
    Loka Hask = Andrew, 17, Campbell River

I need more info on these people...
    TALIESINWEST = Matthew Kuzminski, 28, city unknown
    [link=http://b

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Hmmm... may I ask a question? How did you know where I live?

I would be interested in joining a FF chapter. I didn't know there was another JCer from Kelowna here. I should get in contact with that person.

EDIT: Darn! He isn't active.

3. Cloud_Cover

Cloud_Cover Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    I am with you Young Jedi Niagra. I live in Richmond and would be willing to get together with some fellow fans to go see a movie.

I want to get a lot of people together to go see AOTC when it comes out.

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    All those people in the Vancouver area, and no FF chapter?

If anyone is in the Okanagan, let me know. I'd like to start a chapter. However, since I'm the only active person in the area at this time, I can't.

5. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi guys...

(AT60, I took the time to go through all of the posts in the Vancouver area, in one of them you stated you lived in Kelowna.)

Ok Aaron and Chris, I need you guys to send Private Messages to everyone in your area.

Aaron, that means anyone in the first list of people.
    Chris, send one to the other people that did not give a place of residence. Maybe you will get someone in your area.

Just ask them to sign-in here, lets see what we can do.

All you need is for 3 people to go 3 posted events, then a GSA (or RSA) will grant you a FF Chapter. With the amount of people in the Vancouver area, that should not be a problem.

Who is going to be a leader?

PM me if you need help.

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Alright. I've sent PMs to the following people:

ThePrinceofAldera = John Koenig, 40
    FltO_Cory_Dekker = Cory Dekker, 31
    Loka Hask = Andrew, 17
    ninjedi = Shaun, 26
    Jedi_Master_Bren = Brendon Brown
    dexters = 21

"Spoodge" does not exist, it seems. If I can get people together, I would like to lead an Okanagan valley chapter. Southern interior, at least. I'm the one doing the work to set it up. Besides, through the military, I have shown I'm a good leader. :)

7. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Whoa, AT60, I knew you lived in Canada, I didn't know you lived in the same provice as me.

Anyway, I'm willing to go, it'd be great to meet a bunch of Star Wars fans. I can go anywhere :D Though my favourite spot to watch movies would be at Metrotown in Silver City. (So weird to be able to talk about a mall on the JC and have people know what I'm talking about!)

Anyway, if there's any crazy stalker people, well... I'm a fast runner :p

8. Cloud_Cover

Cloud_Cover Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Sounds gread Jade_Angel

9. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    So ummm what now?
    And what is a FF chapter? From what I can gather, it has something to do with going to the movies with a bunch of people living in the same area as you.

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    You get together with fans in your area and do things. Not just movies. It's a way of bringing JCers and other SW fans together.

11. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Ah! Thanks AT, sounds interesting, now that I have the full definition I'm definitely in. One of the reasons I came posting here in the first place was in hopes of meeting SW fans in Vancouver.

Edit: Alright, I did some researching and got more information. Looks like we need a website and someone needs to build it points to self

ME!!

12. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Christine (and others),

A web site is not "needed", but it is a large asset. I encourage you to construct a site; it will show an even greater desire to form a FanForce Chapter.

You asked what to do next...
    Christine, send Private Messages to the other people on the list in your area above. Tell them about your desire to get together with them, about your desire to form a FF Chapter, and ask them to start posting these boards.

Once there is minimum of 3 people willing to get together...make plans to go to a movie. Do this 3 times and you will be considered a FF Chapter.

I just realized everyone may not know who I am and what I'm doing posting "so far from home". So...About Me:

Name: Chris M. Leigh

Address: St. Catharines, Ontario

Marital Status: Married, no kids (yet)

On FanForce:
    I have been a City Rep for the Niagara Region in Ontario since late spring/early summer, and I started posting in March of last year.

About my FF Chapter:
    The club I run is called Young Jedi Niagara, and we are just over one year old. We have a membership of about 20-25 core members that come out to every event we plan, and I have an email list of about 80 people, from just about everywhere, interested in what our club does.

What Y.J.N. Does:
    We are a charitable fan club in that we plan events that raise money for charity. Last year we raised over $1000 for Women's Place, an abused women's and children's shelter.

More can be found out about us from our website (which is being reconstructed after our server went down, but some of the info is back up). Or you can visit us on the Niagara Boards anytime.

Please don?t think I?m looking to make your club into a ?clone? of our club. I?m just willing and wanting to help you people get a FF Chapter off the ground in the West.
    The way you run your club will be up to your involved members. And being part of a FF Chapter is a fantastic experience. You?ll end up wishing you had started it sooner.

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I've had a recurring dream a few times where I win several million dollars in the lottery, and send all the core JC members plane tickets to Hawaii (how could anyone pass it up?) and accommodations, and set up a massive JC gathering. BTW, the dream also involves my hosting in a military uniform with a lot of decorations on it, and commanding a group of Stormtroopers. LOL!

Anyway, bringing JCers together has always been an interest of mine, so southern interior people, let's get going! (I promise I won't make you were Stormtrooper armour). ;)

14. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Hmmm, so far, the confirmed members of this FF Chapter would be:

jade_angel
    Cloud_Cover

Whee this is just gonna be so much fun :p

15. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    I'll participate, but I'm over in Coquitlam, which is something like 40 minutes away in either direction of Vancouver or Richmond. A little out of the way.

I'm busy mostly with school (University) and work but I'll try my best to join in on activities as well as participate in the May launch of the film. For sure.

16. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Guys and Lady,

I just wanted you to know I received a PM from these people as well:

Missninfan = Missy, 20, Vancouver, BC
    Traders_Luck = Thomas, 16, Richmond, BC
    Fleet Admiral = Leo Siu, 22, Vancouver
    TALIESINWEST = Matthew Kuzminski, 28, South Granville, BC

They are also interested. I'd like to have each one of you (dexters, jade_angel, Admiral_Thrawn60, and Cloud_Cover) to send them a PM. Introduce yourselves, then ask them to join us on this board...then we can set up your first "event".

17. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Whoa cool! I'm so psyched about this. :D

18. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000
    Wow:
    I have miss this board for far too long (got glued to the fanfiction instead).. I had no idea that how active it is.
    Well, I like the idea of staring a FF chapter. Still, I do not have a lot of time available, being in college and volunteering at a Scout group.

19. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Hey no prob FA, just as long as we can get together a few times every few weeks, that's what counts. :)

20. dexters

Dec 26, 2001
    lets keep this thread going guys ;) don't let it die.

21. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Congrats on your promotion, YJN!

22. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Well anyone wanna set up an event?

I think the easiest thing to do is to go see a movie. Any suggestions where and what movie?

I usually like going to Silver City at Metrotown and I would REALLY love to go see either Black Hawk Down or the Mothman prophecies. :D

23. dexters

Dec 26, 2001
    I've already seen Black Hawk Down TWICE! Heheh, Tore my heart up wathcing those Deltas and Ranger get shot at. Not to mention its just great drama in a guy flick sort of way.

If you want to set up a meeting (going to a movie) lets plan for a movie that will come out in say 1 or 2 months time, and then set a date for it. This way, people can be sure they haven't seen it and we can arrange our schedules to it. I'm very busy with school and my days off are either for homework or work. So in my case, you can see why I need advance notice, a long advance notice to get my stuff in order ;)

Silver City (Coquitlam) is closest to me, Metrotown is cool as well :)

24. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi Guys (and ladies),

Dexter...how much of a time notice do you need? I'd like to see a planned event happen sooner than "in 1 or 2 months".

How about the weekend of the 9th or the 16th of February?

Here is a link that shows what movies are coming out soon... Coming Soon

Pick a date, then have someone create a poll with a list suggested movies to go see. Once that is decided we should be set for your first event.

25. dexters

Dec 26, 2001
    I'd prefer a month. My work posts schedules 3 weeks in advance and I usually have weekend shifts which kills my weekends.

Feb 16 sounds like a good day right now, but I have to use to weasel word of "tentative" ;) I must say though, the upcoming movies don't look too hot for me. Matinees may make it less painful, but what about you guys? I'd hate to dictate my needs to everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.