main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, Here We Go Again! POST HERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN US FOR OUR FIRST FAN FORCE MEETING!

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by MoronDude, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    It is March 11th! I propose we start planning NOW for next month. This way, it will give people a chance to free up their scheduals and make any arrangments they can, to get the first actual sign of a Fan Force going.

I'm going to post a time in which I can make it to a meeting. I would like everyone else who is interested to post their available times so we can compromise a specific time and date. That will be step #1. Then we will figure out where we will meet & what we will do on that specific time and date. This should give us enough time to make arrangemnets, and accout for anyone who's plans may change.

I will, most likely, be available for the following dates and times:

• Friday, April 6th from about 2:00pm to 10:00pm
    • Saturday, April 7th from 10:00am to 10:00pm
    • Sunday, April 8th from 10:00am to about 4:00pm

So, like I said, if anyone is interested, give a list of dates and times around the first week of the month of April and lets hope this with finally work. :D Here's hoping!

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    great job MoronDude! now pick a public place(like a comic/gaming store?) easy to find and not too far for everybody to travel,(when you get a place set, link a map to it so everyone can find it! if you need help let me know!) nail down a time and you're on your way to a fan force chapter!

3. EchuuShen-Jon

EchuuShen-Jon Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    April 6th & 7th aren't good for me, I am in the Coca-Cola Bolwing competition. And The 8th I have school.

So if those are the only dates, Then I'm booked for April.

4. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    You call me discouraged sounds like your a little discouraged now :p
    Anyways, im an on call employee at my job so i would have no idea in advanceof days off, but if you pick a date i can probably just ask for it off. So anytime is fine with me. :)

5. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    SideShow: we see to have a strange problem of people posting a couple times and then disappearing forever :/
    the evil empire must be killing everyone that posts in an attempt to stop us :p

6. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    a good way to get members is to make flyers and put them in comic/video game/gamer/ stores (with permission form the owner!) and when you get your meetings going you will start to attract new members too!

7. EchuuShen-Jon

EchuuShen-Jon Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2002
    Thats a great Idea. ;)

8. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    ESJ, when *is* a good time for you to meet? Pull out your calendar and give us a few dates - then we can all nail down something for everyone to work with.

Oh, hi. :D Did I mention that I decided to jump on the Vegas FF bandwagon? (thanks for pointing me over here sideshow!) I'm more than happy to help out! Lemme know if you have questions. I'll get Obey Wann over here too - he's the Southwest RSA for FanForce. He's *the* connection to TFN for all of us lowly city folk. ^.^ He's also VERY helpful and can answer a lot of questions you probably have.

Or you can ask me too. :)
    kreleia ^.^

9. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    FYI, I will be in Vegas March 25-29th so I might be able to attend something during that time.

10. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Saturday and Sunday work for me but I work during the day on Friday.

But Let's make this happen! I knew there had to be other Star wars fans in vegas! If there's no place to meet maybe we can use my house since there only seems to be a few of you. Anyone interested in contacting a fellow fan in vegas can email me at mesh2217@yahoo.com I am also on MSN messenger at perfectdark2023@hotmail.com or passport ID mesh2217

11. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    awesome! now you guys are getting somewhere!

12. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, it looks like Saturday the 7th is the best day, followed by Sunday the 8th. If anyone wants to join us, post and show your support!

Okay, well, I'll have access to most of Green Valley/Henderson area. If we meet further than that, I'll have to take a bus. Also, I'll probably bring one, maybe two friends.

So, Darth Reign, where do you live?

13. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I live in North Las Vegas, MLK and Craig are my closest major cross streets.

14. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    hmmm... seems kinda far for me, partly because I'm staying with a buddy who lives in Green Valley, but mostly because neither of us can drive.

I don't think I could get any further into Vegas than Sam's Town.

Oh and kudos on the excellent site!! Very informative, and I especially liked your coverage on the Mace Windu Lightsaber conspiracy. You should update it with a screenshot from the Clone War trailer. I also have to figure out how I can take your Photoshop Lightsaber tutorial and adapt it to CorelDraw, which I use. The only thing I see as a problem is the glowing edges part, but I'll try a few ways. One other suggestion. Add Mirax Terrik entry... I love her [face_love]

15. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, if you guys cant get to me we'll have to agree to meet somewhere. I just thought it would be easier to meet at my house. I have a big hobby room we can use. Cant somebody give you a lift or something? If not we need to figure out where to meet. If you can make it as far as sams town are you using the bus? If so you could take the bus all the way down nellis and straight up craig.

16. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    well, I may be able to get another friend to drive us if he's off of work that weekend. But then that would be alot of people at your house, and we wouldn't want to inconveniance you at all.

17. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    How many? You, your buddy and the other guy driving, right? I've have more over to play videogames.

18. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Does anyone know if Vegas has a "City Representitive" yet?

19. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I don't think there is a City Rep, but we have a Region Rep.

Oh, but I was also counting Protoss, anyone else who wants to join, and any friends they may bring.

20. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    You know for the first meeting, I dont think it'll be a problem, if there's too many Star Wars fans than great! We'll move to a nearby restuarant or something, take over the neighbors house! CONQUER THE WORLD! hunh? oh I'm back.

Moron dude, I cant seem to add your MSN contact info. Is it morondude1999 or has it changed? And why is Episode 2 so frigging far away?!

21. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, well Episode 2 is so friggin far away because New Star Wars Movies will be gone in 3-4 more years, so it's good to draw it out as long as possible.

My MSM name doesn't work because I just filled in all of my fields when I signed up, and things I didn't have, I lied about. The only one of those message thingies that actually works is the Yahoo Messenger one... sorry.

22. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    DarthRaith, you wont have a city rep until you have a fan force chapter...then you guys vote someone to the position!

23. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    Ohhh, gotcha on the chapter thing.

Morondude, why dontcha sign up for an MSN passport then. MSn Messenger is my IMer of choice and I dont want to have to run 20 different chat programms just to talkt to people.

24. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Well, I feel the same way, but with Yahoo Messenger. But if you want, you can use my MSM name "cunzo@hotmail.com" and I'll turn it on for now on.

25. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey, a really good way to get in touch with each other (online) without signing up for 50 different messengers - Trillian. Go to download.com, and do a search for it. It should come up right away. There are some bugs, but I believe they just came out with a new version that fixes 'em. Give it a try! It's what I use to spy on the PFF members... ;)

kreleia ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.