main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, I am still having LW problems...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthMoves, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoves

DarthMoves Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    If I adjust the pixel aspect ratio in the D1 Widescreen setting on the camera from 1.2 to 0.9, the frame loses the widescreen look. Before I re-installed LW, I was able to use the D1 WS setting without it having the anamorphic squished look. Now when I render it, it is squished. What happened that caused this??

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Nothing, that's what it's supposed to do. If you want your final output to be visibly widescreen, you'll need to set the resolution to something other than 720x480.

3. DarthMoves

Mar 2, 2002
    so, say I use a resolution of 860X480, would it be visibly WS? What would the Pixel Aspect Ratio meed to be?

4. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Depends on what your final output is going to be, and what resolution/format your live video is shot in. I'd suggest matching the CG to whatever your live video is, and cropping them at the same time in Post (so if your live footage is DV NTSC at 720x480 at 0.9, your CG should also be at that resolution & ratio).

5. DarthMoves

Mar 2, 2002
    I am shooting NTSC DV with the 16:9 option on. Is that a pixel aspect ratio of 1.2?

6. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Yep. As long as the camera is shooting in true 16:9 (meaning the 1.2 aspect ratio instead of the 0.9 with letterboxing). Take a look at your live footage, raw, right out of the firewire. If it's true 16:9, it'll look "squeezed" like your CG stuff.

7. DarthMoves

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, I doubt it is true 16:9. It is probably cropped. THe camera is the sony DCPR-9 or something like that. It does squish when I play it back on TV though.

Mike

8. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    GL doesn't use 16:9, but I can't remember the exect aspect ratio of his VERY wide-screen format. Does anyone else remember?

9. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    I think it's 2.35 : 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.