Hawaii Okay, I have a debate and need feedback....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DARTH-OSIRUS, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH-OSIRUS Jedi Padawan

Me and my fellow sith lords at work agree that when Han ran his smuggling game, the "spices" that he was smuggling for Jabba was in actuality "drugs". BAsically, Han was running his sh!t for Jabba on the underground.

Any thoughts, or would anyone like to elaborate on this?

D.O.
  2. Hapajedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmmm, could be, but its not blown out of porportion,(star wars is supposed to be drug free genre) but maybe you remember in episode 2 where Elan Sleazebaggano was trying to sell death sticks to Obi-wan in the Coruscant bar. Could be!
  3. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hmmmmmmm, don't think so. GL is not into that kind of stuff, but the innuendo is there, and you can substitute whatever kind of drugs that's on your mind.... [face_shhh] [face_shame_on_you]
  4. Sith-Poon5 Jedi Padawan

D.O. may be onto something. Yes, Star Wars is not about drugs. But why did Han and Chewie have to smuggle 'spices'? It was contraband of some type and I don't feel that the Empire would have a problem with spices used in food preparation. But who knows? They were evil and ruled the galaxy with an iron fist.
  5. The___ Jedi Knight

star 3
    There's no mention of what spices were in the movies, but I've always assumed them to be drugs. It just comes off that way when gangters (Hutts) are behind it, and by the fact that the spices had to be smuggled.

I'm not a big fan of the EU, but there is an explanation on spices from the SW Databank (3rd paragraph).

6. 808Jedi Jedi Padawan

Well, I do think Han was carrying something that was illegal. If it was drugs, think about the scene that he mentions it. He is talking to two complete strangers, Luke and Obi-wan. Han probably used the word 'spices' to hide the fact that he was carrying illegal stuff. Why would he mention that he was carrying drugs to two people that wanted a ride? Obi-wan might have not used the Falcon if he knew.
  7. 808Jedi Jedi Padawan

Wow! that was cool. Yeah I am not a big fan of EU, but it sure helps settle some debates. Thanks for the definition 'The__'.
  8. The___ Jedi Knight

star 3
    You're welcome, 808Jedi! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.