main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Okay, I know this is a question I should've already asked...Crimson Corsair

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Maythe14thBeWithYou, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I was looking at the short stories on Amazon the other day & wanted to ask is the story about Sidon Ithano alone worth getting or getting it in the Stories from a GFFA book? Are those other ones as interesting. I am a big TCW fan and'd like to see that part.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Mmmmm... IMO the Sidon one was far and away the best, for pure wackiness and uh... the plot twist. You might have heard it by now. It's a genuine WTF? twist alright.

Also it makes you wonder what would have happened had Finn ended up with those guys. Now that's an alt universe I'd like to have seen.

As for the others... the one with the fuzzy doctors is good. Very bizarre. Fitting of a Tales anthology. Zuvio was a letdown (haha sorry Zuvio... poor sot). The one with Bobbajo... that guy is an ass. I thought he'd be a cool Doctor Doolittle, but no. That guy's... more like a cheeky Oz. His book was weird but it was really fast and I was sort of angry with the end of it.

So yeah, Sidon definitely. Fuzzy drs maybe. The others... eh. But that's just my two credits.

Edit: Oh yeah the Sidon and Bobbajo stories have TCW references. Lots. I guess Zuvio too because he's an Embo, if Embo complained about filing cabinets and stuff.

Dr. Steve Brule and Gorefiend like this.
  3. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    So "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" is awesome & "The Face of Evil" is not bad, those are the ones just to check? Yeah Zuvio got a bum deal all around w/TFA haha.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The Ithano one is definitely the best of the pre-TFA stories (not only those in the collection, though I liked the Bazine one also, and it's also the only one of them that could actually be a lead-in to TFA in any way), though the TCW connection which I won't spoil kind of irritates me.

I do think that Ithano's crew as depicted hasn't been coordinated all that well. For the benefit of not spoiling May14:

The story ends with the crew consisting of Ithano, Quiggold, Kix, Reveth, and the Gamorrean.

The Lego TFA mission has the crew consisting of Ithano, Quiggold, and Pru Sweevent.

TFA itself shows the crew to consist of Ithano and Quiggold, and with Pru present but not connected to them in any way.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's actually not as bad as all that: the "Old Trooper Barfly" extra with a black helmet is probably Kix, and Reveth may very be intended to be the just-visible red Twi'lek at Maz's that your own thread brought to my attention, which would mean they're at least all in the castle (and they're fringers, so not moving in a big coordinated group is plausible).

6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Today I bought "The Perfect Weapon,: "Crimson Corsair...," and "The Face of Evil."

7. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Pirate crews are probably like a revolving door in terms of people coming and going (and dying) so I wouldn't worry about that so much.

That is not Kix. That is actually Mi'no Teest http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mi'no_Teest[/spoiler]

8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I read it today and really liked it. I liked the crew and Kix....that's awesome! I definitely think we need to see them again somewhere, a book, a mini series, an ongoing series. I think there's a lot to be explored. The Frigossian one was a let down. It was obvious about half way through & unlike Ithano I could care less if I saw any of them ever again.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I feel I owe you an apology about that. Compared to the other two in that set it was a step above. The twist is obvious but the creature was interesting, something I had previously wondered why they didn't do more of (Evazen, Demogal, Cronal... none of those other scientists really cut it... maybe Gorc and Pic from DF2 came closest?). BUt yeah, the plot itself is straightforward, unlike Sidon's which is more of a "WTF?" all the way through.

10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    No prob. It was like when we heard BeLee had blue eyes & then I don't know if it Thromba or Lopora (whatever her name was) picked a blue eye to put on Ryn it screamed obvious.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Honestly, "The Face of Evil" was worth it alone for doing something cool with the Frigosians, who I thought had a terrible design.

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    Okay, so I just finished The Perfect Weapon and thought it was awesome. I love Bazine and hope we see more of her, say in comics or books. I would want it to be a talented author though otherwise it might begin to seem recycled. Her and Orri doing jobs and teaching would be cool and could be humorous as well.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.