main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay... Just to clarify about autographs.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Vadersgal, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vadersgal

Vadersgal Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2005
    There has been a lot of discussion about autographs and everything associated with them. I just wanted to get clarification on everything that's been floating around. This is my first convention, so I want to be prepared.

How much are autographs, both per autograph and in a package deal?

Where can we get the 'autograph coupons' I've been hearing about? Can they be ordered in advance or do you have to wait till you get to the convention?

Can we bring our own materials to have autographed?

Is there a strategy for the lines?

Thanks,

Vg

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    This is my 1st convention as well but here is the info that I got so far.

<<<How much are autographs, both per autograph and in a package deal?>>>

Last time I believe they were $15 each and $120 for 10. The price included an 8x10 photo to get signed. From what I understand now the coupons are $10 each, most celebs will require 1 coupon some might be 2 or 3, depending on who the celeb is. Kenny Baker will probably be 1 coupon while Carrie Fisher might be 3. The bigger the star the more coupons. Although, if you go to C2 Ventures web site, http://estore.seetwo.com/, and look at the prices of some of the autographs, most of the Carrie Fisher ones are about $40-$50 just for the 8x10. At least at C3 you can a couple of other things signed.

<<<Where can we get the 'autograph coupons' I've been hearing about?>>>

Not sure about this since I have not been before, but I believe there is a booth near the signing area where you can purchase them.

<<<Can they be ordered in advance or do you have to wait till you get to the convention?>>>

I think you can only get them at the convention, someone else might want to clarify this.

<<<Can we bring our own materials to have autographed?>>>

Yes, as long as you are not bringing a whole box of stuff to get signed. I'm going to get the 8X10 signed and I am also bringing my Essential Character Guide so each celeb can sign their respective page.

<<<Is there a strategy for the lines>>>

Get there early... Are you a Hyperspace/Fan Club member? They are letting Fan Club members in early and by themselves for 1 hour before the general public is allowed in. See below from www.starwars.com/c3...

Exhibit Hall A
    Indiana Convention Center
    Thursday, April 21:
    Noon -- 1:00 PM - Official Star Wars Fan Club members only.
    1:00 PM - 8:00 PM -- open to all CIII attendees.

Friday & Saturday, April 22-23:
    9:00 AM -- 10:00 AM - Official Star Wars Fan Club members only.
    10:00 AM - 7:00 PM -- open to all CIII attendees.

Sunday, April 24:
    9:00 AM -- 10:00 AM - Official Star Wars Fan Club members only.
    10:00 AM - 4:00 PM -- open to all CIII attendees.

Autograph stars to be announced. Times may change. Please check starwars.com/c3 and starwarscelebration.com for updates.

Hope this helps... Anyone else have anything to add to what I got? Post away...

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "How much are autographs, both per autograph and in a package deal?"

It looks like they are $10 per coupon. Some people will require one coupon, others will require two. There also is a possiblity that one or two people might require three coupons. The number of coupons required will probably be related to how popular they are as an actor, and how big of a role they had in the saga.

"Where can we get the 'autograph coupons' I've been hearing about? Can they be ordered in advance or do you have to wait till you get to the convention?"

At C2, you bought them at a booth right outside the autograph area. From what I remember, the line wasn't too long.

"Can we bring our own materials to have autographed?"

They allowed you to at C2, and I haven't heard anything to say that they wouldn't at C3.

The only restrictions I've heard of for autographing materials was that at a different convention, Billy Dee Williams refused to sign Colt 45 memorabilia.

4. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    <<<The only restrictions I've heard of for autographing materials was that at a different convention, Billy Dee Williams refused to sign Colt 45 memorabilia.>>>

Darn... Guess I'll leave the 40 at home... :D

5. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I have a pic somewhere around here of Billy Dee signing a 40 at CII. :D

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    You know, getting the Guide to Characters signed is a pretty cool idea. I hadn't even though of that.

I'm really glad that the autographs are cheaper than I thought. Back when I was looking into C2, for some reason I had the impression that every autograph was like $40 or more! I didn't know how I was gonna afford them, hehe.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Billy Dee signed the bottles of Colt 45, but his handlers stopped him from taking a swig from the bottles with the fans who brought them.

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So, do you have to pay anything for having them sign personally brought items?

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You have to buy coupons to get an autograph...whether they sign the free photo, the $5 C3 photo, or something you brought, you need the coupons.

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Where can I get those? Are any included with the four day badges?

11. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    [image=http://myo.homestead.com/files/SWCII/billydee_colt45.jpg]

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    First bit of advise, keep close watch on those autograph tickets! Somewhere during Friday, I dropped about 6 tickets somewhere, probably looking for my wallet or something, and just finished evening the score with my sister for replacing them (buying stuff at other conventions) And whoever found 6 tickets in the exhibit hall...you're welcome [face_money_eyes]

As for the lines, try making friends with people in other lines (they tend to run side by side with each other) We traded getting in line with a couple from Chicago...we picked up their Billy Dee autograph, in exchange for them getting our David Prowse.

^^^ and anyone who tries this and stiffs the other party by walking off...remember there's a special place in SW hell for people like you! Right next to the guy with the Vulcan ears on who's trying to pick you up speaking in Klingon ;)

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.