main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Okay, lets talk lineup at the AMC 24

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wampasmak, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Who was there last time? Who's gonna be there this time?

I was there the night before tickets went on sale...that was just an awesome experience. Remember the big chalk drawing on the ground? The 12th happened to be my birthday (I've been trying ever so hard to forget this) so several people broke out in a chorus of "Happy Birthday"...I wanted to beat that guy with my plastic lightsaber so hard....heh

Anyway, I'll be out there again this year, and earlier too. We're talking about going in the morning the day before tickets go on sale.

2. Treadwell71

Treadwell71 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I'll more than likely gather a few of my discipl...err....friends and see it at AMC 24 opening night. Have any idea when tickets are goin on sale?

3. Wampasmak

Wampasmak Jedi Master star 3

Apr 6, 2000
    Not sure yet. But we're already purchasing coolers and junk

4. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    I think it's the first week of May. But, I've got a load of exams and whatnot in late April through early May, so I'm just going to have to see the thing later.

5. BattleDroidOOM9

BattleDroidOOM9 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2001
    Hey gang, most of you don't know me, just got back from 6 month deployment. I'm goin to celebration, got pass hotel and rental car already. Lineup sounds great, where is the theatre we wanna do it at and I'll be there.

6. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    Welcome home, BattleDroidOOM9. The consensus seems to be that most are going to the AMC 24 over in Hampton on opening night. I'm not sure of the exact address, but it's off of Hampton Center Parkway, or thereabouts. Not too hard to find.

7. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    I called today. They don't know when tickets will go on sale, or about 12:01 showings cause they haven't received that info, but they expect to receive it by May 3.

8. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    hey, im new here. I was wondering, it sounds like you already bought tickets. Do you think i can still buy some for the later opening day shows. I have school that day so i cant go to the first showing :(

9. ODUFrank

Mar 9, 2000
    Tickets aren't on sale yet...

10. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    I've been calling around as well...and thus far, no theater is releasing ticket sale date. Grrrrrrr. Perhaps the worst, and most surprising, news is that the Commodore Theater over in Portsmouth will not be carring AOTC. :_|

11. ODUFrank

Mar 9, 2000
    AMC says tickets go on sale May 3 but they didn't know at what time, or even what the showtimes would be this afternoon. Sad. I want my 12:01!!!!!

12. NGCRULER

Apr 27, 2002
    NOOOOOO!!!

I just checked online and the tickets are on sale. BUT, my dad's at work and so is my mom... They have the credit cards :( I asked my dad last night if I could go to the midnight one if i show then all my home work and get good grades on my french stuff. He said maybe. **Their big on doing Hone Work**if only i had a credit card :(

13. NGCRULER

Apr 27, 2002
    hehe, something funny. Under some papers I just found his Capital One card :) Should I use it.... No. Will I? ;)

14. kathleyne

kathleyne Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Hey, guys. Trying to organize my people for the 24plex. What time would you suggest we get there?

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have my tickets already, how about you guys...

16. BattleDroidOOM9

Jan 6, 2001
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just got back from Celebration and the midnite show is sold out already!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Did you check online, or went to the theatre? I checked online saturday and they said that they were sold out, but when i went there later that night they still had midnight tickets.

18. BattleDroidOOM9

Jan 6, 2001
    I checked online and called the theatre. It is currently sold out for the first show but they are getting 3 more prints. They said call back tomorrow or Wed just to make sure they're gonna show more than 2 screens at midnite and I should get tickets.

19. BattleDroidOOM9

Jan 6, 2001
    WoooHooo!!! I just went back to MovieTickets.Com(I felt a disturbance in the force) and they had tickets available. I'll be there for the 12:01! What time are we showing up to start the line? Has anybody talked to theatre admin yet? I'd be happy to contact them and organize so this can be fun and all legit and stuff.

20. ODUFrank

Mar 9, 2000
    I got my 12:01 tix. Screen 12! Yay! And you know what? I got there at 10:30ish and no line, but they did sell out pretty fast.

21. Treadwell71

Mar 30, 2002
    Unfortunately, I got a little too distracted studying for final exams this weekend and failed to get tickets to the 12:01 showing at AMC 24. *wailing and gnashing teeth*

Did manage to get a few for the 12:01 showing at the Pembroke Regal. Better than nothing, I suppose.

22. ODUFrank

Mar 9, 2000
    What time do they start seating? Need to know so I know when to get in line.

23. jmcmike

jmcmike Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    The AMC24 has been adding 12:01 showings. Just today I bought tickets on MovieTickets.com

When I was last there, two of the three shows were grayed out showing not available but now all three show available. Go figure.

https://www.movietickets.com/pre_purchase.asp?house_id=4740&movie_id=26243&ShowDate=5

In any case, I too am interested in having someone to chat with while in line as I can't get my wife and 20 month old out of the house that late. ;-)

Does anyone know the best way to get good seats for something like this? Could you watch Spider-Man at 9:30 and go straight to the 12:01 show without gong back outside?

Any insight?

24. ODUFrank

Mar 9, 2000
    Dude, I showed up at 10:50 for lord of the rings and the theater was already half full. So, if you see spidey at 9:30, then come to see episode ii, then you will be stuck in the front row.

25. jmcmike

jmcmike Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    I just got off the phone with the AMC24 office. They will start seating the 12:01 shows at 8:00 PM!

OK, since I have noone coming with me, is there anyone our there that wants to meet early and save each other's seats for bathroom breaks etc?

I don't know if I want to get there at 8 but I'd be willing to show up at 10. That should (I hope) give us decent seats.

Any takers?

Oh and the 12:01 shows are definitely sold out now.

Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.