main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Okay look!!! We're having a FREAKING MEET UP ALL RIGHT!!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Yeah, you heard me. That's right.
    We're having a meet up, sometime in the next few weeks, whether you liike it or not.
    Gimme dates. Someone gimme a venue...as in, who wants to donate their house for the day?
    So much talkie, not enough walkie.
    We can just chill out and watch something funny like Monty Python, Mistery Science Theatre 3000, Black Books, Father Ted etc...eat some nice food. Drink some drinks (no, I'm not saying alcohol...can be anything ofcourse). Maybe have a BBQ.

Comeone. When is everyone free?

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    A bit far for me but I hope you get a good sized bunch turning up. Sounds just like the meets we used to have in the good ol' says. Needs to happen more often. :)

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Would be there, but much depends on how Michelle is doing. Oh--forgot you guys don't know yet. Her waters broke last Saturday week. She's not in labor, she's only 27 weeks, and she's been hospitalised to await the birth of our child. At the moment mother and baby are doing fine -- the main thing now is to make sure there are no infections.

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Her water broke at 27 weeks?
    Holy ****!

5. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    King Edward Memorial Hospital have assured us the chances of survival are particularly good, and the longer we go without a birth, the higher the likelihood of a birth without longterm problems into the future. KEMH is pretty much the best antenatal hospital in the southern hemisphere, and they've kept kids alive as early as 23 or 24 weeks, though those babies go on to have severe problems. Cerebral palsy, eye difficulties are all slight possibilities at this stage. It will literally be a day-to-day wait to see if Michelle gives birth; there's no prediction for how long it takes, though we got through the first 48 hours without a hitch, which is apparently the most crucial time.

I've been shown the birth suite and given a brief idea of what I need to do. But the thought of sitting there like a bit of a doofus while Michelle's screaming in pain from the birth is not the most pleasant thing in the world ... and even less when you consider that if and when our baby's born, it'll have to stay in hospital until it's at least 40 weeks old.

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    OMG! I read right.

Well, Im pretty much free every weekend. My house is available if there is no alternate option...

7. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Hope everything goes well Saint.

Freedom! - something I have very little of at the moment. Work lots, weekends are mostly taken too. Works asking us to fail at the moment so very stressed and very busy. (if we fail to meet targets - without doing overtime - we might get more people, in the meantime we got to deal with p'ing everyone off by not keeping up.. ya.. fun)

Set a time and date and I'll see if I can get there. (edit: and place I suppose if you wanna be picky)

8. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Is this still going to happen, or will it be just a figment of my imagination?

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd join in but I can't afford the plane tickets. Good luck with it though. :)

10. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    I'd love to meet up with people being new to W.A and all but depends where it is...

11. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    As Yoda will be in town next week, the weekends will be used to show him around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.