main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, now that we've all seen AOTC, can we PLEASE give this movie a respectable title???

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by skillmatic, Jun 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Didn't someone once say "Mystery of the Clones"? That seems a bit more appropriate, and is still serialized.

2. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Attack of the Clones is a gay STAR WARS title, nothing shrouded in mystery, like "A New Hope." Now that's a good STAR WARS title. But really, It's done and over with, so let's just leave it alone.

3. ~JAR-JAR-BINKS~

~JAR-JAR-BINKS~ Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 1999
  4. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    You guys are jokers. And what is the point of this thread anyways? This is the most useless thing I've read since.....well, since Blue Yoda!

:)

AHBY!

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Attack of the Clones is a gay STAR WARS title, nothing shrouded in mystery, like "A New Hope." Now that's a good STAR WARS title. But really, It's done and over with, so let's just leave it alone.

It's gay? Wow I didn't know that... I was not aware that titles had a sexual preference.

[face_plain]

6. DarkLord_Tyrannus

DarkLord_Tyrannus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Im sorry guys...

Star Wars attack of the clones is great BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

Star Wars Episode 2 - "Enter the clones"

That would work great!

7. dahveed72

dahveed72 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    Star Wars Episode 2 - Send in the Clones

8. darthsidious32

darthsidious32 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I fine with the title the way it is. I would've liked "Battle of the Clones," but "Attack of the Clones" is just fine to me. I like it a lot now. My friends and I had to get used to it, because it kind of sounds like a lot of cheesy sci-fi movies, but that's the genre that these SW movies are derived from! And now, we're all used to the title and refer to it just like any other SW title. It's practially a household term for us now.

9. duanage

duanage Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2002
    I have a few suggestions:

Star Wars - Episode II: Electric Bugaloo

Star Wars - Episode II: Count Dooku's Day Off

Star Wars - Episode II: Quit Cloning Around!

Star Wars - Episode II: It's Been a Hard Day's Jedi Knight

Star Wars - Episode II: Clone Harder

Star Wars - Episode II: Indiana Clones and the Temple of Doom

Star Wars - Episode II: Ric Olie Strikes Back

Star Wars - Episode II: Palpatine = Sidious = Panaka

Star Wars - Episode II: The Second Movie in the Series, Yet Actually the Fifth Movie... Aw Heck, Yoda Fights, That's All You Need to Know

Star Wars - Episode II: Now 87% Less Jar Jar!

Star Wars - Episode II: Knick Knack, Paddy Whack, Boba is a Clone

*runs away, runs fast*

10. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Star Wars Episode 2: Ani gets the girl

11. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    :D LOL @ duanage & stormchewie!

12. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Somebody on this board came up with this way back when the title was first announced:

STAR WARS Episode II: Revenge of the Stem Cells

13. QueenLaniAmidala

QueenLaniAmidala Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    When I first heard that Episode II was Attack of the Clones, I thought it was the stupidest name. But now that I've seen the movie and understand why it's called that, I don't think you could come up with a better name than AOTC. It just fits.

14. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    Attack of the Clones is a GREAT name....

Just a little misleading, 'cos I so expected to see the clones as the bad guys in this movie...

15. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    So if George Lucas had decided to call it "Episode II: The Clone Wars", would everyone be bashing him for not calling it "Attack of the Clones"?

your an idiot, and no I am not going to retract that statement...Use your head before you talk.

16. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I love the irony that the "attack" was led by Yoda, who was undoubltedly the real hero of Episode II.

17. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    your an idiot, and no I am not going to retract that statement...Use your head before you talk.

Post proof or retract!!!!

18. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    Episode II: Star Wars vs. The Moon Men

19. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Lighten up guys.

Attack of the Clones is a fine title. I didn't like it at first but I've grown accustomed to it.

20. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I see where you're coming from skillmatic. Certain people around here treat Lucas like a God and defend his every inconsistency and mistake with horrible excuses and concoctions.

No more than certain people treat themselves like sages and think they know SW better than Lucas and pick apart everything he says, blowing every "inconsistency" and "mistake" out of proportion, then pat themselves on the back for their "objectivity" and "honesty."

If you don't like the fact that some people here actually respect Lucas and are capable of forgiving his mistakes instead of screeching to the skies about them, no one's forcing you to hang around.

21. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    "Dark Forces" sounds like the title of a crappy EU book (pardon the redundancy).

22. Shelley

Sep 9, 2001
    "Star Wars, Episode II: The Clone Wars" is redundant.

23. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I agree.

24. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    I didn't like the title at all when I first heard it, and it's certainly not my favorite, but I got used to it a long time ago. It does fit in with the other titles, and now that I've got a picture of the clones attacking to go with it, it doesn't seem so bad.

"The Clone Wars" would be redundant (and somehow I get the feeling that people would still be jumping on Lucas for being so unoriginal and picking something people had discussed/guessed for years).

"Dark Forces"? [face_plain]

There are probably titles that would have sounded better to me, but very few of the fan titles fall into the category.

AOTC is fine.

25. TokyoXtreme

Oct 24, 2001
    DARK FORCES is a totally kick-A game that I used to love on the PC a few years ago when I really got into FPS. My midn was numb with Gran and blam as I wasted stormies and krayt dragons with my bare fist. That was some scarey stuff man! LucasArts throws it way up there in the sky then they just nail it right back down to the ground getting every detail absoltutely perfect so you just wanna play it like a thousand times a day. and believe me i played it about that mcuh!!! It was pretty scarey onee the dark force troopers mixed it up. they fly around like JANGO FETT or his son BOBA FETT and shoot you and get in your face all suddently. That si some scary stuff that made me jump up! Of course now I am a sharpshooter rebel ace with no problems with dark troopers, but they are pretty scares like I said earlier.

Biscaly, I tihnk you should all play Dark Forces and I(m not just saying that to get an A. Also Jedi Knight is out and so is its sequel (mauyeb you could say its DARK FORCES III! JEDI KNIGHT 2!). Mysterios of the Sith was kinda weak tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.