main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, so . . . new awards time

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Nathan PTH, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The statuettes should be golden Jedi with lightsabre(like the oscar, but star wars)

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    The statuettes are already taken care of ... and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

3. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    So, when do the nominations begin?

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    When the site is officially announcenced, you'll hear more.

5. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    We are in the process of putting the finishing touches on the graphics and such. We WILL be making some kind of an announcement within the next couple of weeks .... stay tuned.

As for nominations ... the FIRST round will pretty much encompass the majority of the SW FanFilms produced to date - from as early as TROOPS to as recent as SEEDS of DARKNESS. After that, as I mentioned earlier, the "Awards" will occur either once or twice a year - depending on participation and the number of FanFilm releases. Voting will be inclusive of all registered members who participate in the voting - not just the opinions of a select few. This way, the winners are selected in a democratic manner. :)

We have all of the award categories that most of you would expect to include in something like this.
    In addition we also have a couple of "special" categories and awards ... you will see.

I really think you guys are going to like the awards we have designed. And for those filmmakers whose films win,
    you will be able to post the award image on your respective websites if you wish.

I do think, however, that it is important to note that in the REAL world of FanFilmmaking, there are no "winners" or "non-winners." Rather, everyone who puts forth the effort to create something, and see it through to it's completion is always a WINNER. :D

And guys, our website is going to involve A LOT more than just the awards part, and you will be pleased to see several familiar names participating in the project. I don't want to give too much away too soon.

Perhaps we could put together a kind of Teaser Trailer for the website. ;)

More to come.

JediTAC

6. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    <The statuettes should be golden Jedi with lightsabre(like the oscar, but star wars)>

That's great! [face_laugh]

7. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Dude .... BELIEVE ME, most the awards are taken care of and I truly think you will be pleased.

However, your "Golden Jedi" idea is not a bad one, and perhaps I will elicit the help of my 3D artists to design
    something .... perhaps for a specialty award or something. Good idea. :D

JediTAC

8. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    <<Noooo! Awards coming while "Young Jedi: High School Student" is still homeless!>>

Have you tried www.fanfilmfx.com?

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

9. silva_p

silva_p Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Looking very forward to this! =) keep us posted

10. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Oh ... you will all DEFINITELY be kept posted from this point forward. :D

11. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Would it be possible to see what the award is going to look like?

12. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Ummm ... well, if I showed you, I'd have to KILL you.

We actually want to keep the award statuettes under wraps for now ... to unveil them along with the website itself. ;) Suffice to say that the statuettes will be worthy of the splendor and grandeur of Star Wars, and the quaility
    of the FanFilms that salute it. :D

As I mentioned earlier, I am trying to elicit help to put together a little Teaser Trailer of sorts
    for the website . . . . maybe to give everyone a little glimpse of aome of what they can expect.

JediTAC

13. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Enough with the Statues, its extremly well DONE! Trust me, as one of you these will give you a huge grin!(Tac are you going to use the older award also or just the newest?)

14. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    MACHO .... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The final decision has not been made yet. ;)
    Either way, it's looking awesome !!!

15. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    its not giving anything away on the look!just saying it looks good :p

16. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    If you need some help, I can definitely help you put together a trailer with whatever you need. Anything else I can help with. I'm a big fan of award shows and stuff so this is right up my alley.

17. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Thanks ObiMcD .... I'll get in contact with you. :)

18. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Oh, and TAC....Like I had pleaded with Nathan......

Will you have at least one award for non-star wars fanfilms???

--Chad

19. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Yah ... I think we can do that. ;)

20. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Chad: So far, on the one I was talking about, it looks like we may do just a quick unofficial thing on here for now, so as to wait for TAC's to have the greater impact first without anyone comparing when they really shouldn't be.

So, presuming there's time, we may do it sometime in a week or two. Otherwise, we may delay it, but still have the awards show up individually on the SWT-G from the SWT-G crew only.

21. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    hmmm, since "Drugs" wont be done in time for the two week deadline.....I'll have to submit the first film....Unless you held off till May 13th, when "Drugs" is due.

*nudge nudge*

--chad

22. ObiMcD

Jul 31, 2000
    Were you planning on making a ceremony thing with like the presenters and stuff maybe sending in their stuff on video, like saying the nominee and winner and stuff? With the winners recording an acceptance speech? That'd be tight.

23. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    actually, they are planning on driving to your house with a big check and ballons on a sunday. it'll be live on TV during a football game. and then...
    oh wait...
    nevermind.

but it would be cool to see some video rather than have just a plain website.

24. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, the thing is .... we DO NOT want to overstep TFN/THEATER as the FIRST and FOREMOST source for finding and watching Star Wars FanFilms. (Not to mention FanFilmFX). :D

These two sites are where people should go to actually download and WATCH the films.
    OUR website will be place where people come to get some (trying not to give too much away here) pre-information with regard to the films (especially the newer ones), as well view and take part in our "FanFilm Academy Awards" type section.

The bottom line premise is that our site is to be a sister site (or sorts) to TFN/THEATER and FanFilmFX . . .
    not another place to watch hosted films.

Besides, we are currently working within a limited bandwidth constraint ....
    Although I am looking for other economical possibilities to allow us an increased bandwidth and such.

JediTAC

25. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    how about catagory for best editing and director of photography?
    i don't see them standing anywere in this forum. (can be just me :D )
    editing is so much underrated :D just like they sayed at the oscars this year.
    (for those who doesn't know i am planning of becoming a editor, heading for the film academy in Amsterdam in about 3 years time)
    hope this catagories will be edit :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.