Okay, so . . . new awards time

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Nathan PTH, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
    So TAC, when will the site be up?
  2. AndyBryan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Obi:

We're currently working with a few people, most of them frequent these forums.

The site isn't JUST awards, but it will form a major part of our site. We expect to announce something within the next couple of weeks, and we expect to be "live" before AOTC (not ATOC TAC ;) :p ).

I'm not telling anymore, but everyone will hopefully appreciate the MASSIVE amount of work we're putting into this

CYA
    Andy
  3. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Andy. :D
  4. Zayn Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh yay! my film will make it!!
    (I think)

5. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The thing is ..... 2002 will be a good year for FanFilmmakers (as far as our awards process goes) because not only will we have an initial awards presentation for the FanFilms that have been produced up to this time, but at the end of the year, we will have ANOTHER presentation for the FanFilms that were released THIS year.

Likewise, we will (most likely) have two Hall of Fame inductions as well. :)

So, don't worry if your film is not complete by the time the website and first awards process/presentation is
    up and running .... because if your FanFilm is releaseed between now and say November 30 of 2002, then your FanFilm will be in the running for the end-of-the-year awards presentation. :D

JediTAC
  6. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
    TAC, is there anything I can do to help?
  7. JediTAC Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At this point, there are only specific remaining things that we are working on and/or need assistance with. We have contacted a few of our resources, but I PM'd you, ObiMcD, too see if there is anything you might be able to contribute. :)

8. ObiMcD Force Ghost

star 4
  9. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, I have been gone for 2 weeks on break, and I think i have the right to comment on this, so sorry if i am beating a dead horse here.

The thing is, because I am the one doing the programming for this site, (FINALLY SOMEONE took me up on my offers :) ) I must say I am not worried, nor for a second have felt threatened by Nathan's awards.

More power to his, really. It's because I have seen (I beleive) Everything that has been done for this site, seeing as I am weaving it together to make an interface for you guys. I cannot say how hard this is without really giving away everything, but let me tell you, the CGI being used is infinately more complicated than what TF.N uses... it is seriously something that will make it so ANYONE can play a part in the site.

There doesn't need to be any feelings of competition, because I just know what our site is, and I know it isn't your simple Geocities page of polls... it really is something special...

Not to toot my own horn (or TAC's... or andybryan's... who I have been in constant contact with) or anything...

Cya
    Mike

OH and trust me, TAC has the award statues covered.... boy does he.... :) (you all are just DYING to know... aren't you :) )
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.