main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Okay, so this wasn't my idea...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ArchaicRebel, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    An ex of mine threw me at the boards at tf.n, willing to bet me there were other geeks like me in the area. Needless to say, she wins.

I've been here for the last 20 years of my life (as of this summer), spent some time up in Womelsdorf (6 years too many), read everything excepting YJK and the prequel books. Lets not discuss those, and just leave it that I don't like them.

Oh, and my name is Nigel. I'm pretty random, especially at the moment while other things are going on in my head.

Um, I play GB and GB: CC. I own a bunch of other games that I don't play, and a DC console. I haven't really invested in games since 2002, since I started going to PSU Berks. Edumacation sorta cuts into that time.

Right, yeah, I'm looking to meet up with others, maybe chill at Denny's (3am is the best time to eat anything). Basically, right now, I'm a lonely soul.

I'll post more about me when I have my thoughts more collected.

Oh, and right now, I live in Sinking Spring.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Wow, I know Steph will be excited to see you! That is, HanSolo29. SHe has been hoping that more of the local fans would find the board and become active members. I am not an official member, as I am trying to get an FF going down in the York/Lancaster area.

Welcome to the boards, I hope you like what you see and stick around.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry, if I'm acting overly happy and surprised, but we were on a downward spiral for sometime now and I didn't expect anyone new to come in here without being drug in by a chain. :p

Anyway, welcome to RRS! Not much going on here at the moment, but I've been trying to round up the troops for a first year anniversary meeting. Not too successful at the moment, though, as you can see from the thread. Also, I'm planning on heading to Celebration III in Indianapolis this April, so if you're interested in going, let me know.

So, you're a Sinking Spring resident who doesn't care for the the PT books and YJK? Well, you're in the right crowd here, I don't care much for them either. In fact, I don't care much for the PT films either. I'm more of an old school fan.

And in addition, I'm into playing GB and CC, so if you ever want to game sometime, let me know. I also know that another member (Crazed_Ewok)like gaming too. You might want to look him up, or maybe he'll pop in on his own.

So, if you need any other help with the group, just let me know. I'll be glad to help you out. :)

EDIT: LOL!!!! Rebel_Spook, you don't know how right you are. :p

4. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'd love to go to C3, but classes will probably cut into that. And I'd love to help out with the celebration. I haven't got much, but if you scrounge around, I might have some useful ability I forgot I had.

I'm free after 5 during the weekdays and anytime during the weekends if you want to get together for coffee or something. Just email me or IM me or use the appropriate smoke signals.

And I'm glad I found the RRS, thanks for welcoming me!

Also, for fic writers, I'm part of a yahoo group called WAAS (The Wedge Antilles Admiration Society--it's not really all about Wedge, though. Seriously, it's random.) at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WAAS

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, yes--classes. I know they will probably interfere with me too, but I've been looking forward to C3 for too long. I am going and I don't care what happens. :p

As for the meeting, after 5 sounds fine for me. I don't know about the others, but we will definitely work something out. We went along without doing anything for too long.

Another Wedge and fan fic fan...I knew there had to be more fans out there. I'm more of a Han Solo person myself(I bet you couldn't tell :p), but Wedge is also cool. :D

6. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Oops, sorry...I'm surprised Han didn't whack me with a stick :p Welcome to the FF! :D Maybe we can finally clean up our dusty catacombs down here...I'm the webmaster of our site (which reminds me...*codes* :p) and...well...yea, that's me :p

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Don't breath a sigh of relief just yet...I can still whack you with that stick. But I guess I can forgive you for now. Better late than never. :p

And about you being the webmaster...you better get working. I may have a surprise for you. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.