main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, what exactly happened....?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nitro29, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    What exactly happened on Ord Mantell? All I know is that Han ran into a bounty hunter, and so on, but was there actually anything officially written? Not just some fan fic.

2. bobabooie

bobabooie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    go to starwarz.com, and click on t'Bones site. You can buy a copy of the Christmas special from him and it has a cartoon that tells that story (boba fetts first apperence). I just ordered mine so I can't tell you.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Holiday special is not set on ord mantell.

As for events that happened on ord mantell, there were something like 2-3 trips there for various reasons.

One in a brian daley audio drama, the other in manning comics. Not sure of other trips.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Someone get Genghis. What happened is bound to be in a Marvel comic and he seems to know every little detail of the Marvel comics. Sorry for any slight there Valiento.

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    isn't that illegal? selling copies of the Holiday Special?

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    no ord mantell in the pre-esb stories mavel stories.

Though the goodwin newspaper comics were printed by marvel though.

Holiday special was taped off of public TV. LFL has never produced it ever since. People charge for the cost of the video tape alone as far I know.

7. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I think the Goodwin/Williamson newspaper strips tell the real story, and no, they weren't printed by Marvel.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Goodwin/williamson comics were printed originally by marvel newspaper devision.

Then reprinted by Dark Horse.

Rebel Mission to ord mantell told of another mission to ord mantell. One of the star wars galaxy mags had a article about the aliens in that story as well, giving more history of there past, and the events in rebel mission.

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "isn't that illegal? selling copies of the Holiday Special?"

Yes. Unless they obtained permission from LFL or FOX. The Holiday Special is copyrighted, and therefore cannot be used for commercial purposes.
    When they say "this program is meant for private use only," they mean it.
    Without paying royalties, whoever is selling copies of it is basically stealing from FOX and LFL.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Holiday special doesn't say anything about "this program is meant for private use only", infact it was just a low quality made for tv show. It has never been officially released by lfl ever since it's original public tv release.

As well, you can find the show for download on Theforce.net in there multimedia section if you so inclined to watch it. It's like any other public TV program. Public TV is open domain, unlike premium cable tv.

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Considering Lucas said once that he hates the Holiday Special, I wouldn't be surprised if LFL wouldn't give permission to sell it. Speaking of holiday specials, anyone seen this year's Fett family holiday cartoon at the OS?

12. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Yeah, there was a whole audio drama, and another trip with the bounty hunter Skorr that took place in the year after ANH. They then met Skorr again on Ord Mantell right before ESB. It was the Goodwin/Williamson strip, conveniently reprinted in the first and third volumes of Classic Star Wars. (Can't remember if the first volume was 'In Deadly Pursuit' or 'The Rebel Storm' and I'm too lazy to check. The third one is definately 'Escape to Hoth.')

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Considering Lucas said once that he hates the Holiday Special, I wouldn't be surprised if LFL wouldn't give permission to sell it. Speaking of holiday specials, anyone seen this year's Fett family holiday cartoon at the OS?"

I wonder if maverick is going to consider it part of his personal continuity, ;), [face_plain].

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The article in star wars galaxy magazine that expanded rebel mission to ord mantell audio drama, was called double cross on ord mantell.

So the thing to remember is that there were a couple trips to ord mantell. Both have been officially incorporated in at least couple of newer sources.

15. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    hmmm....So I take it no one really knows what happened.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, here's what happened, as near as I can figure out. In the daily comic strip, Han went to Ord Mantell, and was nearly captured by a bounty hunter named Skorr, but Han managed to get him arrested, and he was shipped off to Kessel. That was the year of ANH. (I think.) Later, Han and Chewie went back. Chewie was captured by a bounty hunter named Cethzros (SP?), who hoped to use him to lure Han into a trap. Han, apparently following the same plan he used on Skorr, stole Cethzros' speeder, and used it to commit several crimes. The Imperials took Cethzos away, and he was also shipped to Kessel. That was the backstory for the last three YJK books. A few months before TESB, Han went again went to Ord Mantell, and was nearly captured by a team of bounty hunters, led by Boba Fett, (their ranks included a liberated Skorr.) This was also in the daily strip. The hunter on Ord Mantell Han was most likely referring to, however, was an insectoid called Cyphor Bos. He was masquerading as his brother, a rebel sympathizer, whom Han was supposed to pick up only a few weeks before TESB. That's from a children's audio book by Brain Daley. Hope that helps. :D

TC

17. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    hey Talon Card...
    Czerthos is Skorr.
    no lie.
    Here's the deal. Kevin Anderson wrote the novel, bringing Skorr back from the dead (he had been killed by Han in a later strip). But apparently the powers that be decided that Skorr could not be brought back from the dead (what a dumb idea anyway) so KJA changed Skorr's name to Czerthos without changing any of the details about the character.
    Pretty retarded huh? The whole YJK series was like that. Example: In the same set of novels Jacen was infatuated with a character named Anja Gallandro, the daughter of one of Han's dead nemesis. What Mr Anderson failed to do was his math. For Anja to remember her father she would have to be atleast 2 years old when Han killed him. That would mean she was born roughly 2 years before A New Hope, meaning she was 11 years old when Jacen was born and atleast 27 by the time Return to Ord Mantell was set. Han is not so retarded a father he would let his young teen children hang out with a suspicious adult woman that much older than themselves.
    The whole series is full of such annoying drivel.

18. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Hey, cool stuff. I thought they were suspiciously similar. :) Of course, they aren't the same character now, but it's interesting that they were intended to be.

TC

19. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Wow I guess I didn't do my math either. I never thought of that when reading those books. Maybe she was frozen in carbonite for a while.?.?.?

:) naaaa.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, you always hear about kids who get who get a crush on older people, teachers, other friends moms, tv stars, people they meet etc. Why wouldn't it be that way in star wars?

rebel mission to ord mantell was more than a audio book, it was a real full-cast audio drama, similer to his radio dramas.

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Darth Ludicrous...
    "hey Talon Card...
    Czerthos is Skorr.
    no lie.
    "

Could I get you to "officially" confirm in the same ludicrous manner that...
  22. Mara Jade is Shira Brie
  23. Thrawn is Sk'ar
  24. Talon Karrde is Rik Duel
  25. the Noghri are the Sk'ye
  26. ... :D

27. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Just in case anyone above missed it, Troy Denning also wrote a Han Solo/Ord Mantell/Bounty Hunter Solitaire Adventure called "Scoundrel's Luck" and published by WEG. The female bounty hunter in that story has armor reminescent of the Mandalorian Supercommandoes.

Dan Wallace has an article published in one of the older Star Wars Insiders that touches upon the various Ord Mantell sources.

28. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You know dash rendar seems alot like rik duel in some ways. Similer clothes style too.

29. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    >rebel mission to ord mantell was more than a audio book, it was a real full-cast audio drama, similer >to his radio dramas.

Hey, that's pretty neat! Who did they get for the main parts? Is it on-line somewhere?

>Just in case anyone above missed it, Troy Denning also wrote a Han Solo/Ord Mantell/Bounty >Hunter Solitaire Adventure called "Scoundrel's Luck" and published by WEG.

*Bonk* ANOTHER Ord Mantell story? Sheesh, that's got to be the most told story in the GFFA. :)

TC

30. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Hey, that's pretty neat! Who did they get for the main parts? Is it on-line somewhere?"

I don't know who did the parts, han's voice is a bit too deep.

It's not online that I know of. I was lucky to have someone make me a copy though. I wish LFL would release it so it would be in the highest fidelity possible.

I also hope they rerelease mixed-up droid, droid world, and planet of the hoojibs narrated audio dramas as well.

"*Bonk* ANOTHER Ord Mantell story? Sheesh, that's got to be the most told story in the GFFA."

Well the info behind who got the death star plans is probably more covered than even ord mantell, all those various pieces of the complete puzzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.