main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN OKAY! where will we all go to see the midnight showingAOTC....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by The_Tymminator, Jan 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Me too! What V2k said! :)

Let's decide on a theatre (I'm still pushing for MOA) and get organized!

2. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    We are organized it is LFL and the theaters who are not. People please understand we can only work with the information we have.

We need to know who will be showing it at midnight before we can pick a theater. I know it is hard. I am going nuts with this. I know we all have places we would rather go see it but as Vader and Femme said it will be much more fun for us all if we do it together. Any place is fine with me.. The problem we have is no one knows who will be showing it at midnight. No one knows if ANY one will be showing it at midnight. No theater will give us information. The closest we have is a few maybes. Jfrens contact with Mann is the best we have so far and as far as I am concerned that is our best bet. I know some other fan force Groups are making assumptions and going with a theater with the belief that they will be right but they do not know if they are in the right place. If that is what people want to do then we will decide this Saturday. I think waiting another week to get all the correct information is the best way to go. I don't want to pick a theater and then have to change it, making us look less organized.

3. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Alright! I won't be alone! Sorry JediGseif, I was talking about the IGH Showplace.

4. CGI_Yoda

CGI_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    I agree with V2K. Though if Mann comes through i think we should go there

5. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    I agree with the "group" thought. I'll go see it with the group. Hopefully, Steve Mann will come through for us. The Mann theater in Champlin is brand-spanking-new, and should be really nice. I'm kind of hoping only one of the two main options works out (Mann or MOA), because it would be tough to turn down either one, especially if a lot of work goes into putting it together.

6. Wahoo

Wahoo Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Wahoo here again - Below are some FACTS about the IGH Showplace 16 AOTC showing.

First of all, some of you may not know who I am. I am the guy that organized Minnesota's biggest line / camping event for TPM back in '99 at IGH Showplace 16. I worked thru all the red tape (Managers / Regional Managers / IGH Police) to make the line in '99 a success. For those of you who did not see TPM at IGH in '99 - I plan on attending this Saturdays meeting and will bring my scrapbook.

Here are the FACTS about the IGH showing (These are in fact - FACTS - not hopes. The source of this information comes right from corporate management at Kerasotes - not simply from the local IGH theater manager):

FACT: Showplace 16 will get 5 prints of AOTC

FACT: When/If Lucas approves Midnight Showings - IGH WILL have 5 midnight viewings 12:01; 12:02; 12:03; 12:04: 12:05 - (just like TPM)

FACT: The same manager I worked with in '99 is still at IGH and has given me 100% approval for camping out.

FACT: There are some ground rules to camping at IGH that management expects me to reley to other campers, I will explain these to those interested at the Saturday night meeting

FACT: My contact at IGH does NOT know when tickets go on sale (no-one knows for sure. Therefore, I don't know when our group plans to camp. - and yes this frustrates me as well.

FACT: There will be "Official" and "Unoffical" members to the AOTC IGH Line - I will explain the logistics of how we did things in '99 to those interested at Saturday Nights meeting.

Look forward to meeting with all of you.

See ya Saturday

Wahoo

7. Alive30

Alive30 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    Wahoo,

Greetings, I sent you a couple of emails this week. I got a message from Grant detailing what you had said to him. I'm fired up. I hope to be taking some days off from my graduate studies to join you guys at IGH again.

For those of you unfamilar with Wahoo's work, the last line was incredible. Here are some highlights:

- a make-shift movie screen constructed out of 2-by-4s and white bed sheets that was used after the theater close down each night

- a projector to display movies on said movie screen

- a stereo system

- all the electric made possible by a generator running off of Wahoo's truck (I'm not sure if all that will be coming back, but if I know him, he'll raise the intensity meter higher this time instead of lowering it!)

- cookouts - brats, burgers, free pizza

- all the free popcorn from the theather you could possibly eat (we just started using all the bags of pop corn as bean bag chairs)

- football, hacky-sack, board games, video games

For me, one of the defining moments of the line back in '99 occurred around 2:30am after the theater was shut down. There are about 15-20 of us sitting outside on chairs in front of the side of the theather. The constructed movie screen is standing against the theater wall and we are watching The Empire Strikes Back. It's cold and we're all huddled up in blankets and a police squad car pulls up to check on us.

I am worrying if they are going to shut us down or something but the officer pulls up, parks his car, and watches the movie with us. "I haven't seen this in years!," he says and watches for at least another half hour before he figures he better get back on patrol. Priceless.

Okay, I've spazzed enough about the old times. I hope I didn't step on your toes, Wahoo. I just wanted to relate to folks how awesome the atmosphere at IGH was last time.

Later...

8. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    The fact that I think that sounds cool proves what a huge geek I am.

9. Alive30

Alive30 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    Also, I should mention that right next to the theather is an Outback Steakhouse and a Damon's, which is a sports bar rib joint.

If you are into the NHL or NBA playoffs, they have many tvs to follow that, which is cool. I am a diehard Philadelphia Flyers fan and I'll walk over each evening when they play to watch the game, if they're still in the hunt at that time during the playoffs.

Plus, if you want to partake in a drinky or two, or three, or four....there is that option at the bar too. :)

10. 12-INCH-LUKE

12-INCH-LUKE Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2001
    please let me know when/where too... I may be in town then. I hope i have something to wear....

11. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yea that would be just our Luck Jfren. We would have two great deals and Wahoo's offer to choose from. With Luck that bad we should be playing the lottery. :p

12. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey 12" Luke... was that a hint that you would like one of our Minnesota Force shirts? I'll see what I can do... ;)

13. robfett

robfett Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    Man I can't wait to meet you Wahoo. Seems like a very nice guy. :)

14. 12-INCH-LUKE

12-INCH-LUKE Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2001
    Yup,Mara...you know me tooooo well.... <wink>

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I am upping this so people can use it for general thoughts on theaters. I want to try and keep the number of theater threads down to limit confusion when newer folks come around.

16. JediGseif

JediGseif Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    For those who plan to see it at Wynnsong, I have some confirmed information. I called them today and they said they ARE having a Midnight showing, and are even working on showing it 24 hours the first day/weekend. The Midnight showing is FACT, the 24 hours is awaiting confirmation from Lucas Film. I also found out the computers they use aren't capable of advance ticket sales yet. That means tickets will NOT go on sale until Wednesday, May 15th at 11am. This is also a fact. So if you're planning on seeing it at Wynnsong in Mounds View, you may now make your plans.

17. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    Good news. That means there will at least be someplace to see the movie at midnight.

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    You are now my new Hero Gseif. :D Nice to know we may start getting some facts from the theaters.

19. Gokey-Wan

Gokey-Wan Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    JediGseif, is that the Wynnsong on Highway 10 you're talking about? The Mounds View location, I think it is?

20. TK171

TK171 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2001
    Not to throw a wrench into things.

what about the new Eden Priair AMC theater?

NIce reclining Chairs.... :)

21. JediGseif

JediGseif Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes Gokey-Wan, Wynnsong 15 is the theater in Mounds View off of Hwy 10. That IS the theater I called and got the confirmation from.

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Anyone want to bet all the theaters have solid information Monday.. LFL is stalling because of C2 I would bet on it.

23. LrdGrifter

LrdGrifter Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I hate to throw some more confusion in there, but have any of you folks considered theaters outside of the Metro area?
    In '99, there was a good sized line (about 75-100 folks) at Lakes 10 in Duluth.
    All theaters are stadium seating, THX sound, and VERY camper friendly.
    We had all the TV and radio stations coming down and giving away stuff every day. The rock station came down every night at about 8pm and gave out beer for Star Wars trivia, plus they brought the dancing girls!
    Anyway, pretty sure that none of you folks from the Twin Cities are coming all the way up here, but for those in the Duluth area, show up at either Lakes 10 or Mariner 6. Both good theaters. Both friendly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.