main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Okay, your feedback is needed...

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I've been talking with Meri over the past couple of days about consolidating our sports threads. My reason for wanting to consolidate them is in regards to new visitors. I'm afraid that someone visiting the page for the first time might be put off by all of the sports talk if sports is not something they're into.

My original hope was that we could create a sports 'subfolder' and send all the sports themed threads there. Meri let me know that that is not an option. Our only option is to cut and paste the posts from all the sports threads into one '2006 Boston Sports Thread' thread and then delete all of the other sports themed threads. The problem with that being it would be a ton of extra work for Meri to execute.

Let me know what you think. This would be a pretty significant change to our pages and I want each of you to have a say.

Thanks.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Why don't we just start a new "Boston Rebels - Sports Talk" thread. Someone can go into all of the other existing sports threads and post a date that they will be locked, say in a week or two, along with a message (and new link) telling anyone who wants to talk about local sports to go to the new thread from now on. Since we can still go into them to view any posts that we want to lookup even if a thread is locked. This way Meri won't have to cut and paste all of the posts over and all of those locked threads will just fall off onto later pages in time.

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I did mention the possibility DW noted (that people are being put off by the sports talk) at the February meet. I do like J_O's idea...I wouldn't mind posting everything in one thread from now on. :)

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The multiple threads have kinda grown wild lately. This way all of the communication and topics can be much more streamline and easier to find.

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice idea J_O77. Don't know why I didn't think of it myself ;).

I'll let Meri know of our plan and when she can lock the old threads. I'll start working on establishing the new thread and posting the links to it over the weekend.

Thanks guys! :D

6. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I got the month of the meet I was referring to wrong...edited my last post to reflect that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.