main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Ben Kenobi = Obi-Wan Kenobi... It's so obvious!

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Son of the Suns, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Hear me now and listen to me later...

At the middle of the movie there will occur a subtle scene in which Ben Kenobi is revealed as Obi-Wan Kenobi - the Jedi Master! All the evidence points in that direction. It would explain A LOT!

I'm so certain of this that I'd be willing to entertain any bets that you all may wager! Granted, it may be several years (Episode V) until the truth be revealed, but we could work something out! I'd rather not have to "toot my own horn" by saying that "I told you so" - so lets just wager.

BookExogorth likes this.
  2. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    Who's Ben Kenobi? Where'd you get that name?

3. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    It was leaked to me by some guy named Mayor. I hear he's quite reliable.

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Ben is Obi-Wan, mmm don't think so, I imagine something else, there is probably a link between the two I'm sure but being the same.. Sure they have the same last name, but Obi-Wan in episode III says nothing about hiding his identity.

I believe that this wouldn't be much of a miraculous realization...

BookExogorth likes this.
  5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Ben is a clone of Obi-Wan! They are not the same person!

6. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    PPOR! [face_shame_on_you]

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I think that the names are similar only because there was an 'urgent matter' that necessitated the clone being named quickly.

As well, I'm working on an essay right now that will prove that Old Ben is indeed a clone. It'll be posted tomorrow, unless it turns out to need a glossary in which case it'll be the next day.

BookExogorth likes this.
  8. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Thank you Rogue1-and-a-half. See I told you. I'm not making this stuff up.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    No way. Ben is totally an evil clone sent by Palpatine to corrupt Luke, and kill Obi-Wan. I hear there will be a fight between the two and Ben will win.

Obi-Wan and Ben look nothing like each other. I've compared leeked images of action figures of each, and they look completely different!

[image=http://sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/05/08/pk_starwars-obiwan_ho.jpg]

[image=http://sfgate.com/c/pictures/2005/05/08/pk_starwars-obiwan_ho.jpg]

The first one is supposed as Obi-Wan, and the second is said to be Ben. You can see how different thy look. Their faces are completely different. The first one has a stunning likeness to Ewan. while the second one looks like someone I've never seen before.

Come Episode IV you will be looking back at this and thinking what idiots you were.

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    So what if they have the same last name? You think no one in the galaxy can have the same name? Maybe they're twins or something, but the fact that you think that they're the same is just what Lucas is trying to get you to think so the plot twist is more surprising.

I can't wait to laugh at you when Ep4 comes out and you see how much you've been duped.

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    So obvious eh? Well people said that about Sidious and Palpatine too!

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Note particularly the difference in eye color and the way in which, on those action figures, Old Ben's chin is cleft at a right angle, while Obi Wan's cleft is at more of a, shall we say, 89 degree angle.

Seriously, could it be more obvious that they're different people?

13. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    see it's just like in my fan story based on spoilers old ben is called obi-2 and is a clone of obi-1.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Um, guys, couldn't they just be brothers? I mean hello, if it isn't the most obvious of solutions.

Think about it, Jedi are taken as babies. Maybe Obi-Wan never knew he had a brother?

15. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    I dunno. Obi-Wan=Old Ben? That seems way too obvious. I mean, that's just too easy. Lucas surely has something more exciting up his sleeve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.