main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Old Demons Die Hard - *Winner for Best AU and Best All Around; Tied for Best Ensemble!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes reunited with Qui-Gon[face_dancing]:* But will Xanatos be the bad guy?

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Ooh, now this is getting interesting! I'm still curious to find out if Xan's the good guy or bad guy. Hmm, we'll have to wait and find out.

Awesome update as always! :)

- Serena

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm really curious now.

Longer post next time please :)

4. Force_Chick

Force_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2008
    [face_devil] Things are about to get very interesting.[face_whistling]

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Read on to find out.o_O

See above reply.:D

Xan's character leaves many questions to be answered, the biggest one being why he's helping Obi-Wan at all. Keep reading. :)

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yeah - update!

Aw, the fondness just glows in this story in the little details: Patri watched as a small smile crept onto the boy's face. Very slowly he moved his hand until he'd settled it on top of Qui-Gon's hand that was resting on the bed and Qui-Gon whipped his head around, his eyes wide as he took in the sight of his now conscious padawan.

Awww...I love this kind of mush - Jedi mush - understated but plainly evident.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, Obi-wan and Qui-Gon united. Qui will help him recover

Nice update=D=

8. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I really like this story, sorry I didn't comment on the last update! It's very good! Odd as it is, what I'm looking forward to most is the resolution between an apparently reformed Xanatos and his former Master. Keep up the great work!

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Aww... the ending was so sweet!!! Great job, Peg! Hope your appt. went well.

- Serena

10. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Awesome update! I loved the fact that there was some Qui/Obi father/son mush. :) Thanks for the update! I hope to read more soon.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    It takes Obi-Wan to calm the situation down.O:)

Patri is a spitfire when her patient is in danger.o_O

excellent.=D=

12. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Wonderful job. I [face_love] these last couple of posts. I'm such a sucker for Qui/Obi mush! Hope your appointment went well.

13. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Yes, one must strike the right balance when writing mush.:cool: I'm a sucker for it too. :D

The fun times just keep rolling! [face_dancing] Read on for more.

Qui and Xan have a long way to go before they reconcile. Read on to see what I mean.

The end is not yet in sight! This is just the beginning. :cool:

There's more on the way! If you'd like me to PM you with updates, just let me know.

Yes, Patri is not easily deterred when it comes to the well-being of her patients, despite her small stature and gentle demeanor.

My appointment went very well. Thanks for asking! [face_mischief] There's no Qui/Obi mush in this next post, but you should still find it interesting.

Chapter 6 ? Just Whose Side is Xanatos On?

?Qui.? Mace laid a gentle hand on his shoulder. ?Why don?t you stretch your legs? I?ll stay with Obi-Wan.?

Qui-Gon sighed heavily and gave his friend an appreciative smile. ?I think I will.? He placed his hands on his knees and levered himself from his chair. ?Thank you.?

Mace took his place beside Obi-Wan. ?There?s a fully equipped exercise gym one floor down, if you?d like to take advantage of it. A few katas might help you relax. I?m sure any of the servants could direct you.?

?Thank you, but no. There?ll be plenty of time for katas after we return to Coruscant. Right now I don?t want to be that far away from Obi-Wan, so I?ll be just outside in the corridor.?

Mace shook his head. ?Qui?.? He hesitated, as if looking for the right words. ?If Xanatos wished to harm Obi-Wan, he would have made his move prior to our arrival. He had to have known you would come here sooner or later.?

Qui-Gon frowned then took a moment to release the flash of anger engendered by Mace?s words. ?I don?t trust him, Mace. You know as well as I how deceptive Xanatos can be.?

Mace stretched his mouth into a straight line. ?Have it your way, but if you don?t start alleviating the stress, you?ll end up in bed beside Obi-Wan, and how would that fit into Xanatos? deceptive plans??

Qui-Gon gave him a tight smile and walked out into the hallway. Mace meant well, but he hadn?t spent the previous month and a half worrying about his lost padawan. After quietly shutting the door behind him, he turned to find Xanatos standing by the window. He appeared to be contemplating the comings and goings in the courtyard below, but Qui-Gon wasn?t fooled. Approaching his former apprentice and standing beside him, Qui-Gon hid his hands in the sleeves of his robe and stared

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I have this feeling that Xan is playing his own game - and it's a dangerous one if he thinks to cross Sidious.

More mush - please!

15. Midnight_Wolf

Midnight_Wolf Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Awesome updates =D= I wonder what Xan is upto now, we'll see won't we?

More soon

JediFalcon
    Under a halloween sock

16. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I thought I had already posted on this! :oops: :_|

It's an awesome story so far, I love it! [face_love]

And now the plot thickens! Just what is Xanatos up to? [face_thinking]

Can't wait for more! :D

17. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: Oh, I've missed a great story here!

Very, very ingriguing this. *And* filled with a lot of emotions as well. First there was Qui-Gon's quest for Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan being rescued by Xanatos of all people. I loved the parts in Xanatos' house, the confrontation during Qui-Gon and Mace's rescue attempt, how they kept their guard up and Mace had Qui's back - and later on, Qui-Gon's vigil and Obi-Wan's talk with Patri... aw [face_love]

And just as I begin to think that hey, maybe Xanatos has changed after all, the call from Sidious comes and I'm reminded that he tried to blow up a lot of people, including Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan [face_worried] So what, oh what is his game here? Is he trying to mislead Sidious and keep them safe, or does he really have plans for Qui and Obi?

And I love Mace in it :)

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Xanatos is playing the field. I think he is getting in too deep with Sidious.
    Great story=D=

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I barely remember this from a few years ago. What is Xan man up to?

20. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    a
    You'll have to read on to find out. [face_mischief]

You'll see eventually, but not for awhile yet. Keep reading though. :D

What is Xanatos up to indeed? That is the question, but you'll have to keep guessing for awhile. [face_batting]

Thank you for all the kind words, Seremela. [face_blush] Welcome! If you'd like to be added to my PM list, just let me know.
    Why thank you, Padawan! What a nice compliment. :) As for his involvement with Sideous, you'll have to keep reading to find out.

I glad you're enjoying it the second time around. Keep reading!

Chapter 7 ? A Temporary Change of Plans

Hermano discovered the identity of Sideous? spy within two days. Knowing that servants without access to the main house would have no knowledge of the Jedi?s presence, he focused on the house staff, especially the newest employees. A perusal of the communications records narrowed the search down to one person.

?Why, Carlin??

The trembling man stood before Xanatos in the estate?s speeder bay surrounded by four of the master?s most trusted employees as well as Hermano. He swallowed, his scrawny throat working, and lowered his head. A lock of stringy brown hair fell over his eyes.

Xanatos got up into his face. ?Why would you betray me like that after all I?ve done for you??

Carlin had only been with Xanatos six months, but, judging by his reaction to this confrontation, that was long enough for him to realize that he?d committed a grave mistake.

Carlin clasped his hands in front of him. ?Please, my Lord, you must understand. They said they would kill my wife and children if I didn?t give them what they wanted.?

?Why didn?t you come to me then? I could have protected them!?

?Forgive me, Lord.? Carlin fell to his knees in front of Xanatos. ?I was afraid!?

Xanatos took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He couldn?t let this act of treachery go unpunished, but neither would he hold Carlin?s family responsible for his actions. One never knew when or if someone would prove useful, and he didn't believe in throwing away a good prospect. ?Where is your family now??

He gave Xanatos a hopeful look. ?On Coruscant, my Lord.?

Xanatos circled the kneeling man until he was out of his line of vision. ?Raul! Contact our operatives on Coruscant. Have them take Carlin?s family of

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ack - a good bad guy is Xan. Or a bad seed with some morals - he killed that man! Yet he's trying to save the man's family - and Obi-Wan. Why Obi-Wan - inquiring minds want to know.

Looking forward to the sequel!

22. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, this is so cool! I'm really looking forward to the next part. I'm actually liking Xan - not sure if I'm supposed to or not... hehe.

Update soon!

- Serena

23. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow. This is an awesome story! And no Anakin!!! :p

Please PM me when you update. :)

24. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Ok, this is great too! I love the third group that Xan is creating for himself. I really wonder what he's up to! Good job!

25. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    wow this story is GREAT! I love the drama and all that is going on. Please keep updating this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.