main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Old Demons Die Hard - *Winner for Best AU and Best All Around; Tied for Best Ensemble!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by p_stotts, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Loved it and I can't wait for more =D=

2. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    This really is a great story! Please keep going!

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Lovely couple of posts I just read. [face_love]

I loved the exchange in the first one, when Qui was trying to explain to Obi why he was hiding in the bushes. [face_laugh]

And then in the second one when Obi was teasing Qui by almost not telling him what happened in his meeting with 'Xan'.

This time, Qui-Gon counted to fifteen. His hold on sanity was tenuous at best. ?Obi-Wan, I?m ecstatic that you are deriving so much enjoyment from torturing me. Now? CUT THE CRAP! I?m in no mood for it. Start spilling or I swear I?ll turn you over my knee and beat it out of you!?

?Master, really!? An exasperated look descended over Obi-Wan?s face. ?You?re no fun at all.?
    [face_laugh]

Xan's last message was kind of creepy, he's letting them know he has spies everywhere! [face_worried] I wonder what else he knows? [face_thinking]

Can't wait to read about this next meeting. :D

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I love Obi-Wan's sense of humour and Qui-Gon using
    "I was hiding in the bushes and heard you":oops: Think before you
    speak Qui-Gon.[face_laugh]

?Xan?? He wasn?t sure he wanted to hear where this was leading.

Obi-Wan shrugged. ?That?s what he wants me to call him.?

This time, Qui-Gon counted to fifteen. His hold on sanity was tenuous at best. ?Obi-Wan, I?m ecstatic that you are deriving so much enjoyment from torturing me. Now? CUT THE CRAP! I?m in no mood for it. Start spilling or I swear I?ll turn you over my knee and beat it out of you!?

?Master, really!? An exasperated look descended over Obi-Wan?s face. ?You?re no fun at all.?

Ummm[face_idea] Can I watch when Qui-Gon turns Obi-Wan over his knee=P~
    I love Obi Torture.o_O

Sorry I missed the earlier post. I go away most weekends beginning on Fridays. Summer is here now and my time is spent on the water and at the beach.

So the moral of this story is "Don't post over the weekend.";) [face_mischief]
    But then again I love coming back to several posts so Do post over the weekend.:D

5. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Sorry, DRL got to me in the form of a maths assignment.

Awesome couple of chapters. I loved the banter between Obi and Xan! Qui has my sincerest sympathy right now.

Thanks for the PMs!

6. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Another fun post! Xan's game is still making me curious! Still looking forward to more!

Sorry I missed two posts...NaNo is keeping me busy. :D

7. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Xan is making me very curious, looking forward to more :)

8. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Thanks, Valairy! I always try to sprinkle in a bit of humor to break up the seriousness a bit.

Here's more!

Glad you like it and welcome!

Ah, but just who are those spies, and where are they placed. I think the answer will surprise you, but the answer doesn't come for a few more posts. Enjoy the story in the meantime.

You are most fortunate, Padawan, to enjoy weekends at the beach. Winter is setting in here in KY, USA. *brrr!* As for the spanking... we fans of Obi-torture are a sick, demented bunch, but I notice that doesn't deter the fans from reading our stories. ;) To answer your question... no spanking. :( Sorry, but keep reading. You never know where the story will take you. Mind you, I'm making no promises, so don't hold me to that. :D

Oh man, Math can be tough! :-B I made it through Calculus III before I decided it was getting too hard for me. Good luck and here's another post to read during your next study break.

I understand busy. Thanks for hanging in there wi

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Once again the plot thickens...who's going to get surprised - the would-be surprisers or the not-so-suprisees?

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Ooh... man, now you've got me on the edge of my seat, Peg!!

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    another cliffie I wonder what the men want? More soon

12. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004

A battle is looming. Not fair though, two against eight. Those poor eight don't stand a chance against Xani and Obi.[face_laugh]

=D=

13. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    This could end up being quite funny... But, somehow, I don't think so... :p

Great chapter; thanks for the PM!

14. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Actually, I think Qui-Gon is about the have the biggest shock, but you'll have to read on to find out. :D

I'm afraid this next post won't help any, but read on anyway. Things are about to get even tenser. [face_whistling]

You're about to find out. Unfortunately, the won't answer other questions. That comes later. ;)

I wouldn't be too sure of that. [face_skull]

Your instincts are correct. Read on to find out what happens. :eek:

Chapter 6 ? Ambush? Definitely An Ambush

Qui-Gon stared at the hand Mace had just dealt him, but his focus wasn?t on the game; it was on the training bond he shared with Obi-Wan. Moments before, he sensed nervous anticipation coming from his padawan, a reaction the lad almost exclusively had before an upcoming confrontation. The emotion, however, had lasted only a few seconds, followed immediately by a sense of amusement, then cautionary watchfulness. What the Force is happening to him? I do hope he doesn?t try to face a dangerous situation on his own. Surely he?d contact me.

?What?s the matter with you, Qui??

Qui-Gon blinked and looked over at Mace, who now wore an exasperated expression.

?You?ve been staring at those cards for five minutes. Is it really so difficult to call your hand??

Qui-Gon glanced down at his cards, really seeing them for the first time. ?Oh, uh? dark.? He inwardly cringed. Why does it have to be dark? Dark reminds me too much of Xanatos.

Mace threw his cards on the table with a heavy sigh. ?That?s it? out with it. What?s so distracting that you can?t even pay attention to a simple game of Force Sabaac??

?I?m sorry, Mace.? Qui-Gon sat back in his chair and rubbed his face with both hands. ?I know I?m not very good company. I?m just worried about Obi-Wan.?

?Worrying isn?t going to get him home any sooner.?

?Really? I didn?t know that.? He closed his eyes and counted backward from five. ?Forgive me, old friend. I just can?t shake the feeling that something is wrong, yet Obi-Wan hasn?t contacted me.?

?Qui, he?s a capable young man. You?ve trained him well, and he has good instincts. If he gets into trouble, he?ll let you know. Now will you just relax??

?I?ll try, but I?m not making any promises.?

Obi-Wan followed Xan from the bar. He glanced around at the beings strolling along the walkway or coming and going from the various nightclubs, restaurants, and bars. ?We?ve got to lead these men to a less crowded area. There?s too much potential for innocent bystanders to be hurt.?

Xanatos placed his hands on his hips and looked up and down the street. ?Let?s walk towards the Temple.? He headed off to the right. ?The crowd should thin out after a block or two, and the closer we can get to the Temple, the closer we?ll be to help if we need it.?

Obi-Wan glance over at his companion with a grin. ?I like the way you think.? He walked on in silence while at the same time using the Force to track the movements of the eight Force sensitives they?d detected earlier. True to Xanatos? prediction, the four from the bar followed them outside and were soon joined by the other four waiting on the street. When all eight still tailed them after three blocks, he decided it was time to summon help.

**Master? **

**Obi....** Qui-Gon?s voice faded out mid-sentence.

**Master? Are you there?*

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Great action sequence, bravo!

I'd lay odds it's Xan down. I'm willing to concede it may not be, but Obi-Wan has already been injured once.

16. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow. Excellent depiction of the fight!

I'm going to agree with Valairy, it's Xan. Simply because Qui didn't move 'cause of shock. Shock that Obi cares about Xan? Plus, Xan's already been shot, even if he said it was just a graze, I don't see Xan as the type of person who would stumble backwards because of a graze. :p Or at least that's my reasoning, and I'm probably wrong... :p

Thanks for the PM!

17. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    They can't even go out for a night on the town without being attacked.o_O

Oh well that's the life of a Jedi.:oops:

Poor Xan! Down for the count. or is it [face_mischief]
    Poor Obi! down for the count.:_|

excellent[:D]

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Who got shot and how bad is it [face_worried]
    more soon

19. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Let's see if you're right! [face_mischief]

Well, that's not the reason he was paralyzed by shock, but you'll soon understand as more is revealed. :p

You'll have to keep reading to find out. :D

See below for the answer to this and other questions.

This is it! The chapter you've all been waiting for, when Xan's true motives are revealed... at least to the reader. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will remain in the dark a bit longer. Enjoy! :D Oh, btw, only 7 posts left to number 100. Who will be the lucky winner?

Chapter 7 ? Hidden Motives/Secret Allies

Qui-Gon held the hand of the unconscious man on the bed, feeding him a steady stream of Force energy and hoping against hope that he?d wake up. Don?t give up, Padawan. I don?t care what the healers say, you?re a fighter. You?ll beat this.

Bandages around the younger man?s torso marked the spot where a blaster shot had ripped into his chest. Another bandage wrapped around his shoulder where a second shot had barely made contact. The healers had been cautious in their prognosis, saying their patient?s survival was far from assured, but Qui-Gon held onto hope.

?Here?s your Chandrilan herb tea, Master. Careful, it?s quite hot.?

Qui-Gon accepted the proferred cup. ?Thank you, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan pulled up a chair and sat down beside his master. ?How is he??

?About the same.? He gingerly took a sip of his tea. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the steady beep of the heart monitor, willing the sound to continue. ?The healers aren't very optimistic.? He sighed and looked over at Obi-Wan. ?You should go home and get some rest.?

?I don?t think I could sleep right now, Master.? He leaned forward and placed his hand on Xanatos? shoulder.

Qui-Gon sensed him channeling energy into Xan?s body as well.

Obi-Wan?s eyes glistened in the dim light. He turned his head away and wiped his face. ?This could just as easily be me laying there.? He sniffed. ?That shot was meant for me. Xan stepped in front of me at the last moment.? He gave Qui-Gon a sad smile. ?It looks like he saved my life... again.?

Qui-Gon sighed. ?It would appear that he?s making a habit of doing that of late.? He squeezed Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?Go home, Padawan. I can feel your exhaustion from here.?

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to argue, but Qui-Gon?s raised eyebrow stopped him. He sighed instead. ?Yes, Master.?

Qui-Gon patted his back. ?Good lad. Come back when you?re rested.?

Pressure and fire in his chest drew Xanatos back to consciousness. His breaths came fast and shallow. Can?t breathe. Someone? please? help. A gentle Force touch eased the pressure somewhat, and the pain receded to a more manageable level. He opened his eyes and blinked at the ceiling. ?Where... am I?? Force, is that croaking sound my voice?

?Take it easy, Xani.? Qui-Gon?s face came into view. He smiled and gently supported Xan?s head enough to give him a few sips of water. ?You?re safe in the Temple.?

Xanatos nod

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Xan is seeking help from Yoda? OML never saw that coming :eek:

And whats this about Xan running out of time? Is he dieing?

More soon

Edit: First post belongs to me [face_dancing]

21. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Hah! Wags finger at author - you TRIED to fool us with the padawan dialogue - almost worked <tongue>.

So, Xan is "undercover good guy" and Yoda knows. Fantastic.

Bad visions of the future, Yoda has, I see.

I love your twists, you twisty-deliciously evil author, you.

Edited to add later thought...

On a later re-reading, I got to wondering - is time running out for Qui-Gon? Maybe that's why Obi-Wan "will need Xan," and Yoda "cast his eyes down sadly." Hmmm, a possibility, that is.

22. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    nope I didn't see that coming and it's a very interesting twist. I really do love your writing.

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    So Xan's working with the Jedi? :eek: I definitely didn't see that coming.

It sounds as though Xan and Yoda may see a future without Qui-Gon in it. I hope Qui and Xan can put aside their pride and stubbornness to come to some sort of reconciliation. I think they both want to but are unsure of each other.

Wonderful job with this fic; I have enjoyed reading each and every post thus far.

Keep up the good work! =D=

24. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    At first I thought I was wrong when Qui-Gon called the sick patient Padawan.
    You tricked us. Obi-Wan owes Xani again.
    Qui-Gon's time is running out its a shame. but the story must go on.

Maybe Xanatos should be Anakins Master. Now that's a thought.

Great chapter.=D=

25. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Okay, I finally caught up and I'm still trying to catch my breath! I'm not sure where to begin...WOW! =D= Your ability to take your characters through such a gamult of emotions is such a wonderful gift!

Looking forward to the next post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.