main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Discovery: 1986 Disney Fan Film...Sorta

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Nathan PTH, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    So I'm bumbling around Kazaa last night, and I discover an old treasure from my youth.

Captain Eo.

Does anyone else remember this? Michael Jackson as Captain Eo on a mission across the stars with an alien crew (that looks like, with little stretch of the imagination, it includes an Ortolan and a droid), transforming using an "inner soul-born power" (the Force anyone?) to transform a Borg-like (heh) planet into one of life (Dark Side to Light Side).

It's hard to look at this now and not think of it as a sort of intentional (or unintentional) SW fan film by Francis Ford Coppola.

2. mpfjr

mpfjr Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Holy cow! Yes, and you found it on Kazaa? Sweet.
    I've seen it a half dozen times at Disneyland. It's a 3d movie from what I remember.

3. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    Yep. I found it on Kazaa. I had it on VHS from ages ago the one time they aired it on MTV. The one I found on Kazaa doesn't have the opening narration, nor the closing credits. It appears to have been captured from a reel, and the reel didn't have those. But it certainly had all the countdown stuff at the start.

4. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm very surprised you found this on Kazaa.

Almost more surprised that anyone would have ever looked for it! :D
    I didn't think that this was ever shown anywhere but Disneyland.

I remember it was a 3D movie, complete with the red/green glasses. I also remember as a little kid being dissappointed that instead of space battles they had all sorts of "boring Michael Jackson dancing". It was shelved long ago in the Disneyland auditorium in favour of the 3D "Honey I shrunk the audience".

I didn't think you could watch a 3D movie without the glasses as you'd get the double image and funny colours. Does it look normal?

5. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Interesting... I saw this once at Disney World. When I was 8!

Chris

6. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    cool!

i've been searching for this for some time now and...

WOW!
    i just found it! on kazaa !
    hooray!

good find Nath!

7. Nathan PTH

Mar 11, 2000
    It was shown once on MTV.

As for the glasses, you don't need red/blue ones to see it in normal viewing. It works basically the same way the Valiant Vision glasses worked a few years back, by bringing certain colors out more prominently, but not requiring the merging of two separate images into one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.