main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Old Fan Club stuff - they used to make Han's vest and Luke's Dagobah jacket?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by mr_Goodbomb, May 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_Goodbomb

mr_Goodbomb Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2006
    I was looking through a big box of Star Wars magazines and other paper sources last night back home, and I found that the Fan Club used to make Luke's Dagobah/Bespin jacket and Han's vest. It said that they also used to make them years before, and these were of higher quality. They looked dead on. They were around 70 and 80 dollars. The magazine I had was from 1997.

Anyone know more about this stuff?

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yup, they were offerred for awhile there.

Decent quality, not 100% sure exactly how accurate it is. Possibly a few tiny differences. I have the Luke jacket, got it via the RPF. They do show up on eBay from time to time though.

3. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    The factory that those were made in was in Henderson, KY 'bout 30 miles from here. Toured the facility once. I've always kicked myself for not getting one of those. It was the same company that made the Colonial Viper jackets. THE PARIAH has one of the Dagobah jackets on E-bay right now. Check out the thread about personal items

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I was able to get one of the Han Solo vests. They were made by "Anjon".

It wasn't too bad for the price, but lots of room for improvement. Especially the way the pouch pockets were done. Up close, they look terrible, with exposes seams and material edges. There is also no back pocket.

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Am I showing my age if I tell you that I remember looking at those and wishing that I had one? I remember when those were offered. Back then they offered some really cool things.

6. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Thanks for the pimpage, navarre :p though I have to remind you it's a still technically a kid's jacket. Bigger kid, but...still a kid. ;)

'Course, that really wouldn't matter for somebody who just wanted to collect it for the sake of collecting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.