main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Old FFers unite !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Keith_Katarn, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I guess the oldies have been invading the other threads with their senile old dribblings, so it would be proper to start a thread for walking in the park and reminiscing. And I don't mean the recent remake of that song, either !!

This is a thread for old school !! Anyone who remembers watching Star Wars when it was first released or playing PacMan on one of those coffee table arcade games or anyone who purchased a HyperColour T-Shirt with their own money or anything else....

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm guilty of 2 out of 3...

but only because Hypercolour shirts didn't come in black/black ;)

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, this is sad, I'm guilty of 2 out of 3.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    1/3
    you got me

but only because that hotel had a 9 year old game of frogger when we were there

5. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    I used to play pac man!!!

And i think I had some fluro shirts.... but that was cos I was too young to know any better :p

6. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I watched ESB and RotJ at the drive in when I was a young'un. Does anyone remember the drive in these days?

I owned a hypercolour t-shirt.

I rarely played pacman on those coffee table arcade games. i preferred that car racing game. Cant remember the name though.

7. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    There were heaps of those cool arcade games - Pitfall, Dig Dug, Wonderboy, and the one you mentioned, I think was Rally X. They were all fun.

By the way, fluro t-shirts don't count. Neither do CHOOSE LIFE ones. Or Ghostbusters ones. Batman ones are ok, though. But only before the movies.

8. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    I think I scrape in. I saw ROTJ at the theatre as a very youngen. I owned an orange Hypercolour shirt (but didn't buy it myself). And I played Pacman on my Atari as a littlun.

Who is the oldest Australian around this place? Is Jas still the oldest on the JC?

9. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    When in high school, I was severely persecuted by my schoolmates because I *DIDN'T* own a pair of pastel coloured ruggers. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW??

10. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    1/3 for me.

11. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    3/3. I think I owned a hypercolour shirt, but kindly, time has dulled my memory of it.

Saw New Hope at the cinema when I was a lad.

We had very advanced cinema's in deepest Darkest Kiwi Land when I lived there.

Yes Yes, I hear you laugh, Stuck in Kiwi land. Got any sheep etc, but the consoloation was, every school holidays, the local cinema always showed ANH and ESB back to back :)

As for pac man, quilty. I was local champ of the Tank Wars game at the local grocery store :)

12. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    ACK! THE YOUNG'UN'S ARE INVADING OUR THREAD!

13. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow, if you can see Slaveys post, you must be wearing your extra thick glasses, gramps

14. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Nah, eyesight gave out years ago. Got one of those applications that read out the text :)

Have the volumn on VERY VERY LOUD of course.

15. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    All 3..OH NO!!!!!!

Used to spend hours at Las Vegas in Brissie with my brother playing space invaders and pac man.

I owned a bright blue, dark blue hypercolour shirt, and only scrapped it for car washing a few years back.

I do believe Grieyls from Qld had a pink one though :)

16. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    1/3

I played Pac-Man. I think I had a Hypercolour t-shirt, but I certainly wouldn't have paid for it myself.

As for the car game, I believe you're thinking about Spy Hunter? Recently converted for PS2 (and a damn good port too, I've heard).

17. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Dude, I used to play Spyhunter at the arcades.

Go away Kiddie :)

18. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I actually found an arcade with that very old machine sitting in the corner not too long ago,
    I spent ages reminiscing in it :)

19. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Pacman?

That's not old. They just released it a year or two ago, didn't they? I have it right here. Part of the Activision Arcade Pack...

Those games are all pretty crap though. Little circles and squares blobbing around on my NVidia card ... ???

Sheesh

:p

(Actually, I don't have an NVidia card. But it makes the joke sound better...).

20. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I still have my hypercolour shirt :p

21. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

How about your day-glo "Choose Life" shirt ?

22. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    OMG what have I started ????

Anyway, I want to introduce a word that will separate the old from the young.....paddles.

Anyone here who knows what paddles are or have used them on their Atari are old. he he he. :D

Another thing is video remote controls....with wires !!!

23. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    We had one of the old cable remotes way back when! Wow!

I can remember rugby league without the Knights. I also remember when Princess Di came to Newcastle. Or it was at least one of the Royals.

24. Keith_Katarn

Jan 3, 2002
    Yeah !! I remember footy without the Knights - (I also remember Newton Jets.... and others) but I loved being in Newcastle when they won their first grand final !! (Remember the house at Broadmeadow that the owners painted blue and red !!)

I also remember watching Di and Charles getting married on tele !! For some reason I think I actually cared back then..... Anyway, everyone in the world watched it.

25. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I remember the wedding, but not the Jets. I saw their reggies run around last year. And it was strange to see after all the footage you get to see of the Blues. That house on the corner of Lambton and Bridges Road is about a 5 minute walk from my place.

Where the heck are you then? :)

When did Coke stop putting those black bottoms on their bottles???

Remember when Big Dog had his Saturday Morning show? :) I was on it once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.