main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Old FFers unite !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Keith_Katarn, Mar 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Punk

Darth_Punk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The games with those 5 1/2 inch "floppy" disks.

Luxury!!!
    In my day we had tapes to load the games. you would wait 15 mins for a game to load and just as it was nearly done, it would crash. Then the 5 1/2" floppy's came out and you were really posh if you had one cause it would take about 3 mins to load the same game with a higher success rate.

I also remember buying the computer magazines and it would have a game in that you had to enter the codes yourself and then you played the game. That also used to be very frustrating due to typo's.

And as far as remembering Q*Bert, my memory is full of useless trivia from my childhood, and as I said in an earlier post it scared me how much i actually remembered from Pitfall 2 which i have not played in over 20 years.

A good place for retro arcade games is the main shop in Katoomba where the cable car is. They have the Kiss pinball game, and I played that when I was around 7 years old and not seen it since . It fully works and I bet it is worth a fortune now (I also think its around 10c to play it). They also have the really bad car racing games in black and white, and i think that there maybe Galaxian there as well.

2. Darth_Punk

Mar 12, 2002

Luxury!!!
    In my day we had tapes to load the games. you would wait 15 mins for a game to load and just as it was nearly done, it would crash. Then the 5 1/2" floppy's came out and you were really posh if you had one cause it would take about 3 mins to load the same game with a higher success rate.

I also remember buying the computer magazines and it would have a game in that you had to enter the codes yourself and then you played the game. That also used to be very frustrating due to typo's.

And as far as remembering Q*Bert, my memory is full of useless trivia from my childhood, and as I said in an earlier post it scared me how much i actually remembered from Pitfall 2 which i have not played in over 20 years.

A good place for retro arcade games is the main shop in Katoomba where the cable car is. They have the Kiss pinball game, and I played that when I was around 7 years old and not seen it since . It fully works and I bet it is worth a fortune now (I also think its around 10c to play it). They also have the really bad car racing games in black and white, and i think that there maybe Galaxian there as well.

3. Darth_Punk

Mar 12, 2002

Luxury!!!

4. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'd love to get hold of the original Star Wars Arcade game. If memory serves it was the Death Star Trench run. Great fun!!

5. Darth_Punk

Mar 12, 2002
    I used to love the other Star Wars arcade games as well. Does anyone remember The Empire Strikes Back? It was very simular to the Star Wars game Mauls-Menace was talking about, it was made with Vector Graphics and had the same feel. Then they released The Return Of the Jedi but that wasn't Vector Graphics, but still good fun, with the speeder chase through Endor, then it would flick to the space battle and then back to Endor, then finally you had to go into the Death Star and destroy the reactor.
    All good fun

6. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    if requested, i can chronologically list almost every single star wars game, year they were released and platforms they graced.

7. Darth_Punk

Mar 12, 2002
    I think i saw that in Star Wars insider

8. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    yes it is in the latest star wars insider with darth vader on the cover :D

9. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    *phew* I really thought you were an Ubernerd for a minute there IG

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    They released a SW trilogy arcade game that was over at Timezone on George St in Sydney and I remember seeing it in the Sports Bar at Fox Studios a couple of years ago. That had the Death Star trench run, the Battle of Hoth, the Luke VS Vader duels, the speeder chase on Endor, and the Death Star II core run. It was great fun, but it was hard and took lots and lots of my $2 coins away from me... :(

11. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    $2 coins, I remember when Arcade games cost 20c a go, I think the Original SW game was either 20 or 40c.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It's still there at that Timezone/Galaxy place. It was fun, but wish Lucasarts make a better improved version for gamecube...Wait... Just had a great Idea....
    Wait for it:D A 3D version of the Classic Super Star Wars Trilogy on the old Super Nintendo. Now thats fun :D

13. Darth_Punk

Mar 12, 2002
    I played that game Ki, but the joystick got broken. They never fixed it and i found it at intencity at broadway, but it was the same one with the broken joystick. Suprise suprise, the one at fox is still the same one with the broken joystick. It does not return to the centre when you are playing and makes the game 10 times harder than it is when the joystick does return to the centre

14. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    back in my day, i remember pacman sitdown arcade machines were 20cents a go, and that would last me an hour.
    I also remember being able to finish DoubleDragon with one credit and no loss of life for 40cents.
    I remember Boon and AB playing cricket for australia. I remember Lillie, and the Chappels.

15. Johnny_Walker

Johnny_Walker Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2001
    the 286 kicked ass :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.