Saga " Old Flame"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Caedus_Bane, Nov 16, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Caedus_Bane Jedi Youngling

This is one of three stories I'm writing to try and tie the Clone Wars series with the movies. I wrote this one pretty quick though I hope it doesn't show, enjoy

"Old Flame"

Written by Caedus_Bane
    Era: Classic Trilogy
    Characters : Luke Skywalker, Satine Kryze, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Sypnosis: Luke Skywalker finds a hidden box full of hologram disks in Old Ben's hut while constructing his Lightsaber

The swoop bike came to a halt next to the deshevled old hut. The tatooine suns beat down upon the figure as he got off, dressed head to toe in black robes the man entered the old hut of Ben Kenobi. The man stepped inside safe from the sandstorm raging outside and raised his hood. The hut looked exactly as Luke had remembered it: small, cozy the walls painted white. a few things were missing of course mostly mechanical things most likely looted by Jawas. but the items he was searching for the jawas would overlook mistaking them for junk. No, the books and schematics on how to build a lightsaber was not junk. in fact it was one of the rarest treasures in the galaxy.
    Luke walked over to the niches in the walls where Ben had kept a few books but they were obviously not what he was looking for he headed downstairs to the cellar via a small trapdoor but this room was empty too except...the rug was out of place. Luke walked over to the rug and moved it underneath was another trapdoor. smiling he opened it and retrieved the box that lay inside. He carried it up to the living room and sat on the couch he set the box on a small table and eagery opened it. But there were no books in it only a few handheld hologram generators, he closed the box not wanting to invade Obi-Wan's privacy. But curiosity got the better of him "After all" he thought "There could be some valueable knowledge in these disks" he took one out and held it in his hand and pressed play.

Suddenly the hologram of a woman appeared even though she was wasn't life size He could tell she was a tall woman strong, proud with blonde hair and an elegant dress she looked as if she was royalty or something " Obi " she said " I hope this message gets to you even if I cannot"by the tone of her voice Luke could see where this was going " I want to tell you that no matter what this emperor says I believe you were never part of a conspiracy you and the the order were framed and I will take these beliefs to my grave I long to see this emperor overthrown in my time" The woman paused to brush some away some hair that had fallen over her eyes " I don't know why you chose a planet such as Tatooine for your exile perhaps you could tell me one day or perhaps not but I'm sure whatever it is I'm sure it's all for the better"

The hologram continued " When I heard rumors of you being on the run I had hoped you would come me the order is finished is it not? do your oaths still stand?....I love you Obi I hope maybe one day...your mission whatever it is you're doing whenever it's complete I hope you will come .....goodbye Obi "

Luke was hit with a startling revealation: Old Ben had a girlfriend! he chuckled to himself and picked up another disk he had a fear deep in the back of his mind that there was something on one of these disks that he certainly did not want or need to see. he shrugged it off Ben wasn't like that. He started up another disk and the same woman appeared " Obi, you have no idea how happy I was that you came to visit I realize you couldn't stay long but it did my heart good to see you safe perhaps we can meet again like this every year? if you can arrange that with your master? " the transmission cut off. as he looked through a few more disks a story was emerging apparently from what Luke could guess was that at least once every year Obi-Wan paid a visit to this woman. and that his Master Qui-Gon who had been dead for some time handled his assignment here which was obviously watching over Luke himself. Luke shuddered at the thought of a dead person watching his every move. then a thought hit him

"Obi-Wan isn't really dead either" just as this thought crossed h
  2. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager

star 6
    I really enjoyed the premise of your story!
    Luke finding evidence of Obi-Wan's life is a lot of fun, I especially liked Obi-Wan telling him that's not why he was there! :D

If I could give a word of advice? There are a few things that make it hard to read, such as spacing. A beta and/or a Fanfic Master could help with such things and might help you get more readers!

Thank you for sharing your story with us!
  3. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Fun vignette, Luke finding out things about Ben that he didn't suspect about him! I second mav--there are some great resources in FF to check out now that you're sharing stories! Welcome aboard!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade