main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Old North Star Mall question

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by sith_rising, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Hello all you SA guys! I'm in Houston but grew up in San Antonio. If any of you are over 25 you might be able to answer this. I was trying to remember the name of a place that used to be at the entrance to the food court at North Star Mall. I think they sold cinnamon sticks or cookies or something like that. They had some plastic elves, or an oven, or something creepy that showed how they made them, and kids used to stare at them forever. Anyone remember the place? I was trying to explain it to a friend up here but I guess Houston didn't have them (same goes for the Orange Bowl at Windsor Park Mall!)

2. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. But, I can't remember the name of the place. Did the cinnamon sticks have ridges and hollow on the inside? Or maybe not hollow, but it was light and airy.

3. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I think they made cinnamon sticks, I just remember the animatronic elves and stuff. I think they also had cookies. I used to love the place. I was in North Star Mall last year and couldn't believe how much the Food Court had changed. There used to also be a great toy store that sold high-end collectibles like the little Britains knights and soldiers, but it's long gone.

4. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Yeah, that was the Toy Box. Rosemary, the lady that used to work there, still remembers me to this day. They actually reopened the Toy Box at Bitters and 281, next to Hobby Lobby. They have changed the name slightly, and they are concentrating more on collectibles, I think.

I can't remember the name of that place in the food court either, but I do remember the place itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.