main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Old Republic era Spin-offs and the EU

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darklordoftech, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I want see the formation of the Republic on the big screen.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    25,000 BBY or 1,000 BBY?

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I love my EU, so 25,000 BBY

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    One thing I don't want to see anymore of is the Jedi assuming that the Sith are extinct.

5. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    actually if we agree on a trilogy of THYD,we have to see the battle of ruusan too(for a second),THAT i want to see on the big screen so i vote for 1000.
    i kinda think that lucas would like the idea of movies of ruusan & the formation of republic.
    wouldnt yuo say?[USER=1374355]darklordoftech[/USER]

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    A movie that tells the story of what happened 1000 years before the Saga would definately be cool!

Darth Loocas likes this.
  7. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013

exactly we all have to see a full blown battle on ruusan & kaan's butt getting kicked sky-high & bane survivng...
    since u and i became experts in deciding for trilogies!!!...this will be the second trilogy and the ending shows bane & zannah (the whole setting the rule of two) & it's so conviniet since we see sidious & maul(heirs of the rule) ,talking about revenge of the sith in TPM...they stick together well ,TORST(the old republic sequel trilogy)to PT

darklordoftech likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Love that abbreviation. Anyway, it's true that Bane and Zannah would echo Sidious and Maul.

Darth Loocas likes this.
  9. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    so, so far we got TORT & TORST (man,are we out of our minds or what ,lol)
    i think by tommorow will have them made & the day after screened! all 6 & as its being showed will plan on the last three,how's that!

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Awesome!

Darth Loocas likes this.
  11. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    lol,great..i'm calling the cam crew now,u call the casting director if its not too much trouble,thanks!

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    no prob!

P.S. Tom Hardy as Darth Bane!

13. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011

Who would you choose to portray other main characters from this era?

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love to see a reverse of the KOTOR comic series sometime.
    A Sith apprentice escapes his masters who had killed the other apprentices because they received a vision of one of the becoming a Jedi and bringing down the Sith Order.
    Maybe actually have someone of Yoda's species turn dark..........

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If Old Republic Era EU survives while post-ROTJ EU doesn't, what does that mean for Exar Kun's post-Great Sith War fate? Force Smuggler Zorrixor

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He will probably be stuck in a state of near death for the rest of eternity.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Any thoughts on this thread in light of the casting call?

Also, what if the ST contradicts the idea that a dead Darksider infects the surrounding area with the Dark Side?

18. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    For the Old Republic era, I for one would love to see a Revan/KOTOR movie or even a stand alone Revan saga.

Although the problem with doing a KOTOR movie is the large amount of companions/secondary characters you have. While it's good for a game, it doesn't work as well for a movie. So what you could do is cut down on their roles or even take them out completely. Having said that, here's how I think KOTOR 1 should go and my choices for casting. The story pretty much remains the same, they still gather the Star Forge maps, except we only see a select few planets and it's implied they get the rest of them off screen.

Characters whose roles are cut down
    Juhani-Zoe Saldana-->keep her redemption mission on Dantooine, and have her show up in the final battle aiding Revan after being inspired to return to the light side

Canderous Ordo/Mandalore-Stephan Lang-->restrict his role to Taris only, in KOTOR 2 the movie, his role is expanded and gets more time with the protagonists

Jolee Bindo-Idris Elba-->keep him on Kashyyyk as a hermit who aids Revan in looking for the Star Map, and like Juhani he shows up in the big Star Forge battle after being inspired to take arms after aiding Revan.

Main Cast

Revan - Kit Harington
    Bastilla - Hayley Atwell
    Carth - Karl Urban
    Mission - Molly C Quinn
    HK-47 - Kristoffer Tabori
    Zaalbar-CGI
    T3-M4-CGI
    Darth Malak - Armie Hammer/Ralph Fiennes
    Saul Karath - Rufus Sewell

19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    If the villain of the ST is Darth Ruthlessius who ruled the galaxy in 25,000 BBY, is the Old Republic era EU toast? Force Smuggler Darth Loocas

20. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Only if you want to believe it is.

21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It would go against alot of EU lore (such as how long SIth Lords have been around for) and who ruled the galaxy when.

22. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Then you merely choose. Which do I prefer? Canonicity levels be damned. If the acquisition of the IP by Disney is going to be good for anything, I hope it's good at fostering a little more independent enjoyment Star Wars as the the individual fan wants to engage in it.

But that's besides the point, at the moment, major overhauls of the "backstory" of the galaxy would affect products that are either well acclaimed or sufficiently producing income. It would be an unintelligent business practice to technically make those things "not real anymore".

23. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I wasn't talking about canonicity. I was talking about how easily stuff can be contradicted. Nonetheless, I agree with you about fans choosing.

24. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    lol...um....am i the only one who wishes that guy should not be the main villain?and the sith name is LAME!!!!...who the hell's ruthlessius(man u cant just have a negetive adjective & add ius at the end & make sith name,there are rules!,maybe its just me but that sith name makes me not to be able to stop laughing)...& no EU should never be "toast" if they do toast it with these stupid ideas...if i was GL i wouldve ripped the contract with mickey apart.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I really wasn't trying when I came up with "Ruthlessius".